07 - Still Breathing

Steven Seagull

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, strangestat said:

beginning of the song kinda reminds me of this: 

Apparently Red Triangle Productions also co-wrote and co-produced Could Have Been Me, in addition to this single... (source: wikipedia haha)

1 minute ago, Jenn. said:

That's what I meant by desperate. :tired: 

I still don't get it.

Whatever the song sounds good to me.

7 minutes ago, Harry Potter. said:

And you have rose-tinted glasses. There's a very strict set of rules your songs need to apply to in order for them to do well in America. You need to be a country singer, Drake, or have EDM beats. Green Day's very far from that and this song's performance won't be any better than moderate success on the rock charts.

e53d7f8067067a51029cde8260094ff5867b10ab

Finally had a chance to listen to the full song at work (which is great cause otherwise I'd have had to wait until after class, about 4hrs from now).
At first, I did not know what to make of it, and I'm not still sure if I completely do.
I think it's alright. The lyrics do have meaning, and the pace of the song fits.

I can see this being a great sing along , much like BOBD is ( not sure if quite the same realm, but definitely up there).

I don't get how this sounds like California. While I love the guys in blink this sounds (on my first listens of course so I might be totally wrong) much more focused and good produced than everything on that album blink with John Feldman created.

If this Red Triangle Productions business is true, I'm sure many of us here would be disappointed. Not that it matters much, but I remember a few months ago people were talking about co-writers on the new blink record and how they wouldn't want Green Day to go down the same path. They just might have.

2 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

I still don't get it.

Whatever the song sounds good to me.

Never mind then :P

The different reactions are intriguing me.

Well, did not expect THAT when I heard it the first time. I think it's really cool to see them mixing it up a bit tho. 
I think this song is gonna do great, at least live. 

3 minutes ago, ThranaM said:

Well, did not expect THAT when I heard it the first time. I think it's really cool to see them mixing it up a bit tho. 
I think this song is gonna do great, at least live. 

Yea!!!! I am sure they need to change it up throughout the album, I do not want all the album to sound the same :lol: 

20 minutes ago, strangestat said:

beginning of the song kinda reminds me of this: 

Not surprising, red triangle productions writes for The STruts

I don't get how people are hearing Blink on this song.  It doesn't even remotely sound like Blink 

When he says:

"Just shine a line into the wreckage, so far away, away
Cause I'm still breathing"

I just wanted to hug him :(

Oh wow, this is so different! I loved it on the first listen which I can't say for Bang Bang or Rev Rad. Doesn't come across as uninspired to me at all, the lyrics sound very honest and Billie's vocals are powerful and heartfelt. I got goosebumps when I heard the first "making my way to you" line.

i think  if younger BJ listened to this song he wouldn't like it either.Seasons change as well as minds...in the end i don't like this song ,i think it's no more than what one direction or avril could do  but if there are people who like it that's nice.

It's just comparing lyrics of Stuck With Me to this song and i feel like he forgot how to write good lyrics. anyway i think this song is bad and so are the lyrics. But i'm not let down cause they didn't owe me anything. i just hope 5sos girls like this song lol 

New show closer?  If not they should play it occasionally..  I hope they play the album in its entirety at least once so that these songs don't suffer the fate of "No One Knows" and never get played at all.   Perhaps that was just something they did for the concept albums, but all concert goers know the pain of a band not playing the song you really wanted to hear.  Those small shows when they break out the new album and throw in a few others are amazing!  

Anyway, gotta go listen to the song one more time.   

4 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

The emotion on this song! I'm really starting to love it. Also, poppy doesn't equal bad.

The rest of the rock world would seem to disagree with this. Pop is EVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Also on the 5th listen the lyric "my head's above the rain and roses" finally it me hard. Billie could be in a fucking grave right now... no wonder he felt compelled to write the song about Amy Winehouse. Gives me goosebumps, guys...

GREAT SONG , bj just blow my mind , he can do whatever he wants with music, and with gd carreer , a real genius of our era , paul mc cartney you can retire now.

Archived