07 - Still Breathing

Steven Seagull

played this song on ride home right now in the car, OMG Ijust love it more times I play it! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD lyric video is great too!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed the style of the first two lyric videos, but the style for this one just fits.

Anyone know who made it?

5 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Not to brag but I still haven't listened to Revolution Radio or Still Breathing and I'm not going to until the album comes out. It's tough, but I think I'll enjoy the experience more going in totally dark (with the exception of Bang Bang and the live version of Ordinary World).

i did listen to Rev Radio but deleted the Still Breathing email not listening read the lyrics posted here so cheated a bit lol 

1 hour ago, Bastard of 1967 said:

"I'm still breathing on my own" -- I'm out of the I.C.U. and I'm alright, you guys don't have to watch me so closely anymore because I'm recovering and things are going to be ok, and I'm making my way back to you, back to my home (I wonder if this is a reference to Adie, his family, and/or his bandmates as he was reflecting on his own crash-and-burn and recovery)?

crying-man.gif

Spoiler

I'll cry bout this song forever

This song has come to us four years from the day it was announced Billie was going to rehab. As a fan, this is one of the best gifts he and this band have ever given me.

38 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Not to brag but I still haven't listened to Revolution Radio or Still Breathing and I'm not going to until the album comes out. It's tough, but I think I'll enjoy the experience more going in totally dark (with the exception of Bang Bang and the live version of Ordinary World).

That's how it's done! ;) Normally I wait until an album is released too, but for this band, I make an exception. lol

By the way, you like Real Estate? (Noticed your user picture.) You have great taste! Love them.

13 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

If I wasn't seeing them Monday I'd be doing the same. I'm trying to learn as much as I can for the show!

8 minutes ago, dolce_amore93 said:

This song has come to us four years from the day it was announced Billie was going to rehab. As a fan, this is one of the best gifts he and this band have ever given me.

Shit really.

I fucking love this, wow. Some of his most personal lyrics ever and probably one of his best vocal performances too.

I love the instrumentation on this too. You can really tell who doesn't listen to a lot of different kinds of music on this site

17 minutes ago, tdlyon said:

I fucking love this, wow. Some of his most personal lyrics ever and probably one of his best vocal performances too.

I love the instrumentation on this too. You can really tell who doesn't listen to a lot of different kinds of music on this site

Yes you can. But you can also listen to all kinds of music and not enjoy this song.

I'm actually really glad they decided to post to youtube FIRST this time. I can watch the video right away without it being a low bitrate version that I can't download to the iPad. 

I was also wondering, how many songs were released before Trilogy/other albums? I know they usually did at least one song but is it common for them to put out 3 before release?

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

I'm actually really glad they decided to post to youtube FIRST this time. I can watch the video right away without it being a low bitrate version that I can't download to the iPad. 

I was also wondering, how many songs were released before Trilogy/other albums? I know they usually did at least one song but is it common for them to put out 3 before release?

I believe that before UNO was released, 4 songs were released. Oh Love, Stay the Night, Nuclear Family, Let Yourself Go. Kind of like this, the first single was promoted like crazy with a build up and everything. The other 3 were promotional singles in a way, two music videos that was just them playing in the studio, and one was just a song.

I'm listening to the song as I am typing.  I'm just wearing my boxers.  This song gets me hard but I don't wanna fap.  My penis just comes through the pee hole that the boxers provide.   I'll take a sleeping pill.  Great song.  Just a couple weeks left until the release of the album and I'm looking forward as to how the songs will feel back to back to back and so on.  I love you, Tresexy101.  I love you too.  But seriously, I have listened to this song about 20 times today and it's, well, fantastic!!  Definitely a radio hit.  I just wanna listen to the whole album front to back over and over.  Grrrr...  but please don't release anymore songs - William, Michael, and Frank.  I can wait until the 7th.  

1 hour ago, Haushinka! said:

That's how it's done! ;) Normally I wait until an album is released too, but for this band, I make an exception. lol

By the way, you like Real Estate? (Noticed your user picture.) You have great taste! Love them.

LOVE Real Estate!  Honestly neck and neck with Green Day at this point as my favorite band (so different musically yet similar in ability to craft insanely good melodies).  Their new album should be out in a few months.  I saw them out here a couple months back and they did maybe 4 or 5 songs from it.  It sounded awesome!

I'm actually really enjoying this song now, even more so than RevRad but nowhere near as much as Bang Bang. That bridge gives me goosebumps every time now. I really wish they would stop releasing songs until the album comes out.

This is definitely going to be a single, and a lot of people are going to hear this on the radio and fall in love with it.

Despite all the shit I've been chatting about it being too poppy for my tastes the chorus is stuck in my head :lol:

1 hour ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

If I wasn't seeing them Monday I'd be doing the same. I'm trying to learn as much as I can for the show!

Totally get it.  Enjoy the show (I'll be seeing them in LA next month - hyped!).

1 minute ago, JoeFrusciante said:

Despite all the shit I've been chatting about it being too poppy for my tastes the chorus is stuck in my head :lol:

Yes.  There are A LOT of Green Day songs where the chorus is stuck in your head!!  You'll have more on the 7th:) 

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

i did listen to Rev Radio but deleted the Still Breathing email not listening read the lyrics posted here so cheated a bit lol 

Lol how long did it take you to cave on Rev Rad?  The way I look at it is this:

Listen to the song now and either like/love it making Oct 7 take that much longer to get here for the rest.  Or listen now, don't like it, then being disappointed and not caring about the new album so much.  So I choose to wait, giving myself a more even road of excitement until the album arrives (if that makes sense?).

I tend to be disappointed in their singles when they first come out, but end up digging them in the context of the album.  Case in point, Oh Love.  I was crazy disappointed with it when it was first released.  But as the closer to Uno, I thought it fit perfect.  Same deal with Know Your Enemy.  Their earlier singles tended to be better as stand-alones for me (Minority, Geek Stink Breath, Hitchin a Ride).  Especially Minority.  I think that remains their best lead single to date.  Granted I was much younger then, but I like to think that's still the case.

1 hour ago, ZSebs said:

I believe that before UNO was released, 4 songs were released. Oh Love, Stay the Night, Nuclear Family, Let Yourself Go. Kind of like this, the first single was promoted like crazy with a build up and everything. The other 3 were promotional singles in a way, two music videos that was just them playing in the studio, and one was just a song.

Kill the DJ was also released prior to Uno.

I wonder if anybody can explain exactly how they "sample" a verse...is it really just using the same melody? It doesnt sound as if they have used "the struts" version and sampled it?? Am I totally wrong? And what did the production company do to co-write this song, when the struts also co-wrote it? Sorry about my english...hope you understand...

Archived