07 - Still Breathing

Steven Seagull

Just now, StuckWithDom said:

Its just annoying when you're gifted with an incredible song, and on the same day, all people wanna talk about is Nightlife

7 minutes ago, StuckWithDom said:

Can we never speak about Nightlife ever again? Thanks

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, StuckWithDom said:

Its just annoying when you're gifted with an incredible song, and on the same day, all people wanna talk about is Nightlife

I agree we could keep the trilogy out of here.  It there's 29 pages here. Far majority about this song. 

I'm kinda getting emotional....I already know I'm going to ball my eyes out when they play this live :cry: 

It hits home. And is extremely good.

Ok so it was just released in NZ so I had to listen to it - i couldnt wait any longer.

Knowing that there was a Struts influence kinda gave me a little heads up & did kinda spoil the surprise.  I was not expecting this at all.  On first listen all I could think of was I don't love this band because BJ is a DILF but because this is totally not what I would expect from them.  I havent read any write ups on the songs.  On subsequent listens I immersed myself in the lyrics - this is very very special.  Im still glad Bang Bang was the lead single but I would go - Still Breathing, Bang Bang, Rev Rad.  This tour is going to cost me a fortune. 

After hearing this song and reading the Rolling Stone's track by track review (especially Somewhere Now and Forever Now), I'm 100% sure this album can be as huge as American Idiot or Dookie if they play they cards wisely, honestly.

Annnndddd the video was taken down from Youtube... Dammit. :lol: I'm tempted to just buy the single, but whenever I've done that in the past, I listened to it until I was literally sick of the song, and i don't want to do that, so listening to the 45 second clip on GDA on loop for the next three hours will just have to do. :P

Just mind you that the preview on GDA has a slight different pitch and has a bad quality in comparison to the full 320kbps song.

Just now, Stefano Bras said:

Just mind you that the preview on GDA has a slight different pitch and has a bad quality in comparison to the full 320kbps song.

I'll take what I can get. :lol:

Just now, Tinkle said:

Ill send a link via PM if you want.

I'd really appreciate it! :) Thank you 

1 hour ago, Andres said:

I really like the song. I love how personal it is. I love how direct it is. The music is catchy. It's very poppy, but it's not bad. And every time Green Day does something that people feel is "too pop", it makes no difference at all. People bitched about Time of Your Life. People bitched about Waiting, people bitched about Wake Me Up. There's a real softness to this song, and it's a big contrast to the sound of Bang Bang. It's like the three songs we've heard so far are all very different flavors of the same thing. It's good. I like to see Green Day and Billie Joe trying to do shit that people aren't expecting them to. I wasn't expecting this song to sound anything like this and I've listened to it as often as I could today to soak it in. 

you guys gunna do another podcast soon? this post reminded me that there's been 2 more songs out since bang bang, I think we're due for one! I think there's a lot to talk about for the next one

Have had this on repeat most of the day. Not sure why but this song just gets to me. I like it.

22 minutes ago, Stefano Bras said:

The quality is the pretty much the same as the leak this morning, FYI. I lowered it a touch since we were streaming it off our server to tens of thousands of people. What's different about the pitch?

Just now, Matt. said:

The quality is the same as the leak this morning, FYI. What's different about the pitch?

Well I downloaded the 320 kbps version probably the same one as iTunes and it sounds x 10 better than the preview.

The preview's pitch sounds a bit lower than the original, at least on the verse. Y'all should just go to KL and find the song.

3 minutes ago, Stefano Bras said:

Well I downloaded the 320 kbps version probably the same one as iTunes and it sounds x 10 better than the preview.

The preview's pitch sounds a bit lower than the original, at least on the verse. Y'all should just go to KL and find the song.

Yeah, definitely a big difference. I think the leak this morning came from a YouTube rip (or something similar).

6 minutes ago, Matt. said:

The quality is the same as the leak this morning, FYI. What's different about the pitch?

Yeah, exactly. Probably who uploaded to youtube lowered the pitch a bit to try to avoid the video to be taken down but still happened.

1 minute ago, Tinkle said:

You can - I want what your on;)

Im on nothing. I just know good music when I hear it. Let me tell you still breathing in is good freaking music. And it fits green days style. Soft guitars at first then tre and mike come in with the drums and bass to make it better. 

Just now, Chris Durso said:

Im on nothing. I just know good music when I hear it. Let me tell you still breathing in is good freaking music. And it fits green days style. Soft guitars at first then tre and mike come in with the drums and bass to make it better. 

Calm - I love the song - its my favourite so far.

5 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

Calm - I love the song - its my favourite so far.

Im calm, don't mean to offend, i just dont get why people are hating on it? Its a good song, it has a warning feel to it, it also has a Waiting type feel to it

Archived