07 - Still Breathing

Steven Seagull

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Alan86 said:

9 hrs later. You tell him 

:lol:

yeah im in australia...only just woke up and flicked through the thread! that'll show em

Just now, stefand11 said:

yeah im in australia...only just woke up and flicked through the thread! that'll show em

:lol:

I really didn't want to listen to the song until I could buy it but I am so glad I did. A Green Day song has never given me goosebumps until this song

It sounds a bit on the poppy side to me. I kinda like it, though. The melody sounds exceedingly familiar, but I can't pinpoint what other song it sounds like....

Just now, ZSebs said:

I really didn't want to listen to the song until I could buy it but I am so glad I did. A Green Day song has never given me goosebumps until this song

Yessss haha I can't remember the last time a green day songs left me with goosebumps. This song is damn amazing. :wub:

Just listened to it again. I don't just like it; I love it! Poppy and simple but very effective.

15 minutes ago, CrimsonArk said:

I don't think there's such a thing as "real" and "not real" instruments/music, because that concept doesn't make any sense

Everything is real, even if some philosopher may not agree with you, but some instruments are physical, others are digital, and I think this is his point. Contemporary music, even rock (see Muse), is often recorded through digital instruments, and IMHO this kinda sucks, but obviously someone else could love this trend and he would be absolutely entitled to his opinion. At the same time I think someone can be happy to see a song composed through physical instruments and with a rock style climbing the charts/being appreciated by the general public. 

1 hour ago, Platypus2000 said:

They've been selling out since AI apparently.....I just learnt to block it out, if the music isn't forced and is always honest (which it is), they're not sellouts. Billie didn't write AI (album) expecting it to be a worldwide powerhouse, it's just how it turned out. Songs are written for a reason and if it gets radio-play then great, if not, who gives a shit?

You're only 20, right? Green Day's been accused of selling out since before you were born, dude!

I wouldn't be surprised if this song ended up doing kinda like what good riddance did except to a lesser degree. As in when it came out people were like what? this is green day? but over time people grew to like it.

i love the verses after the first chorus. The addition of tres simple drum beat adds so much to the feel of the song.

As expected the initial surprise/unusualness of the much more pop than ever before sound has worn off after a few listens (although it's still noticeably so different from anything else they've done). That leaves me really listening to the lyrics and holy shit! I get what others have been saying about it making them feel emotional, the lyrics are so personal and hard hitting. 

I love it. I think it's a beautiful song and it's very raw and personal. Seriously can't wait for the rest of the album!!

So different but so... good.

That chorus feels so passionate, so authentic. I think I actually shed a tear and, fuck,  it has never happened before to me while listening to a new Green Day song.

I love it.. but I hope that there aren't any other melodies on the album that were made by other people. I want all the lyrics and music to just be green day. Anyone know of any other songs on the record are co written?

I was hyped for RevRad before, but holy fuck this song has me on the edge of my seat. It's so not Green Day, but it's so fucking good. 

25 minutes ago, James11693 said:

I love it.. but I hope that there aren't any other melodies on the album that were made by other people. I want all the lyrics and music to just be green day. Anyone know of any other songs on the record are co written?

Ffs, the whole record is written by Billie, this seems to be the ONLY sample musically on the album. They've been doing it long to not need help with songwriting.

I mean, I know rock songs don't do that well on the charts and being trendy like Stressed Out by Twenty one pilots but if something on the rock scene is going to make a huge impact, it has to be something like this song, honestly.

18 minutes ago, Demon!Dean said:

why isn't on spotify in the us yet 

Probably because it's not the 23rd yet

Archived