07 - Still Breathing

Steven Seagull

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Armstr0ng. said:

So pissed I didn't get to hear this when it was up. Damn me and my bad timing.

It is out there on the internet still. I'm listening to it now from a website, just go out and use Google :) 

I like the song, I don't love it... yet. The most disappointing thing for me is that I was expecting a Bang Bang album based on what the interviews, album descriptions and band said (Y'know the whole kill pop punk thing and the whole if you like Bang Bang, we think you'll love the rest of the album). We have now officially heard more than a quarter of it and there is only one Bang Bang so far.

It's also a little bit annoying that it was co-written by someone that I have never heard of and that someone is not a part of the band. I thought Green Day always wrote their own stuff but I could be wrong.

Anyways, I'm sure it will grow on me, like RevRad did, but as some people have said earlier, I'm going to have to agree that this song was made with the intention of being a radio friendly pop song that is most definitely going to be a single, probably even the next one with RevRad following after.

2 minutes ago, RisingRedWolf said:

I like the song, I don't love it... yet. The most disappointing thing for me is that I was expecting a Bang Bang album based on what the interviews, album descriptions and band said (Y'know the whole kill pop punk thing and the whole if you like Bang Bang, we think you'll love the rest of the album)and now we have officially heard more than a quarter of it and there is only one Bang Bang so far.

It's also a little bit annoying that it was co-written by someone that I have never heard of and that someone is not a part of the band. I thought Green Day always wrote their own stuff but I could be wrong.

Anyways, I'm sure it will grow on me, like RevRad did, but as some people have said earlier, I'm going to have to agree that this song was made with the intention of being a radio friendly pop song that is most definitely going to be a single, probably even the next one with RevRad following after.

Still Breathing is co-written by someone outside of the band?

4 minutes ago, RisingRedWolf said:

16 minutes ago, J a c said:

Is someone feeling better now? 

feeling_better.jpg

^^ They didn't even know.

Just now, xLumian said:

Red Triangle Group.

Unless I am missing some kind of inside joke, I really don't know who they are.

2 minutes ago, RisingRedWolf said:

I like the song, I don't love it... yet. The most disappointing thing for me is that I was expecting a Bang Bang album based on what the interviews, album descriptions and band said (Y'know the whole kill pop punk thing and the whole if you like Bang Bang, we think you'll love the rest of the album)and now we have officially heard more than a quarter of it and there is only one Bang Bang so far.

Nah I don't think they sat down and went "let's write a radio song", it's just BJ's honesty and this is how it came out. I, for one, am loving it, seems like a mix of some real good stuff on this album. An album of Bang Bang's doesn't sound appealing to me, as much as I like the song.

Guys, the song wasn't actually co-written by anyone else. Billie Joe sampled a melody from a song and had to give them credit. A technicality. The lyrics are all Billie's. 

4 minutes ago, RisingRedWolf said:

Oh come one, just look three posts up.

1 minute ago, Platypus2000 said:

Nah I don't think they sat down and went "let's write a radio song", it's just BJ's honesty and this is how it came out. I, for one, am loving it, seems like a mix of some real good stuff on this album. An album of Bang Bang's doesn't sound appealing to me, as much as I like the song.

Don't get me wrong, I was really only talking about the music, it does kind of sound like a recipe for a pop song, but as far as lyrics go I can tell it's 100% BJ.

5 minutes ago, Platypus2000 said:

:lol: Makes me laugh at those who said they are selling out with this one 

Ok, found it, they sampled part of this song. It's co-written by Adam Slack (also mentioned in the credits of Still Breathing) and the Red Triangle.

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

:lol: Makes me laugh at those who said they are selling out with this one 

They've been selling out since AI apparently.....I just learnt to block it out, if the music isn't forced and is always honest (which it is), they're not sellouts. Billie didn't write AI (album) expecting it to be a worldwide powerhouse, it's just how it turned out. Songs are written for a reason and if it gets radio-play then great, if not, who gives a shit?

8 minutes ago, RisingRedWolf said:

5 minutes ago, xLumian said:

The co-writing credit is because Green Day have 'sampled' a song that these guys have written (heard & liked the song, so taken a key element (most likely melody) and then written their own song around it.  It's a legal requirement under copyright law that the original source of inspiration is properly credited, otherwise it could go to a court case (think blurred lines) and the original writers could be entitled to up to 100% of the revenue from Green Day's song, even though, for all intents and purposes, it is very much personal to Green Day and original in its own right.  The 'co-writers' have likely never met the band, let alone written it together, but it's only right that they receive credit for their role in inspiring the song.  Green Day has written like this many times before (Brutal Love, Waiting etc.). 

My only complaint is that most of the song titles are so boring/samey that I couldn't remember where in the album this was. Somewhere now/say goodbye/still breathing and forever now are just so generic. I spent the last 3 hours thinking this was the opening track. 

1 minute ago, .Holly said:

My only complaint is that most of the song titles are so boring/samey that I couldn't remember where in the album this was. Somewhere now/say goodbye/still breathing and forever now are just so generic. I spent the last 3 hours thinking this was the opening track. 

It won't be like that when you have your hands on the album, it will be burned int your memory, just like every other album haha

Who deleted my quote saying the important people will be angry hahaha? You soft bunch fair play

11 minutes ago, J a c said:

Ok, found it, they sampled part of this song. It's co-written by Adam Slack (also mentioned in the credits of Still Breathing) and the Red Triangle.

The lead singer of The Struts really needs to give a vocal credit to Freddie Mercury and an image credit to Noel Fielding......

6 minutes ago, J a c said:

Ooh I'm not a big struts fan, but I love this song (especially the beginning/first verse).  Still not listened to Still Breathing as I'm waiting for it to drop officially, are the two songs very similar or is the credit literally just there to avoid a lawsuit?

6 minutes ago, .Holly said:

I agree with that. The titles seem rather uninspired. Maybe when the album's out we can come up with better names :D 

Just now, Second favourite son said:

Ooh I'm not a big struts fan, but I love this song (especially the beginning/first verse).  Still not listened to Still Breathing as I'm waiting for it to drop officially, are the two songs very similar or is the credit literally just there to avoid a lawsuit?

Let's say that if you love the beginning/first verse of the song you'll love Still Breathing :P 

Archived