07 - Still Breathing

Steven Seagull

My initial reaction is that it's just a bit too poppy for me although it's not a bad song. I think this shows the depth of RR which is a good thing :) 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Misterglasshalfempty said:

If this is co-produced, I will be very disappointed. And if so, it will be difficult to fight off the sell-out arguments. 

The album was produced solely by Green Day. The "co-writers" didn't even know about the song credit until now, meaning Billie likely just sampled from another song and took the legal steps necessary to use it. He has done it before.

3 minutes ago, JoeFrusciante said:

My initial reaction is that it's just a bit too poppy for me although it's not a bad song. I think this shows the depth of RR which is a good thing :) 

I like the depth too! I didn't need to have 11 other Bang Bang kinda tracks on this album. Hopefully the rest is super good like these singles have been! :happy:

10 minutes ago, Misterglasshalfempty said:

It sounds very, uhm, modern? Maybe a little bit too much of an effort to sound like everything else these days, but the chorus is magnificent. Some of Billie's best singing right there. 

If this is co-produced, I will be very disappointed. And if so, it will be difficult to fight off the sell-out arguments. 

Seriously? Almost 30 years of career and they still have to "fight the sell-out arguments"? Mah. 

Anyway, I'm just playing SB, BB and RR in repetition. Gosh how I look forward for this fucking album, if the rest will be various, deep, beautiful, catchy and rad as these three songs it could easily climb my personal Green Day best of chart.
I completely understand some of the critiques to this song, but I just love the variety we have so far, an amazing songs choice to present the record IMHO.

OMFG This song is beautiful. The lyrics are at once personal and meaningful to Billie Joe, while still conveying a message that everyone can relate to on some level. Quintessential Billie Joe lyrics, at his best. And his singing is his best ever, just beautiful on the expansive melodic phrasing of the chorus, especially .

Just now, Scattered Wreck said:

It's on youtube

I just tried to look it up but it wasn't on there. Maybe the content isn't available in my area. But I can wait a few more hours.

Just now, Eric said:

I like the depth too! I didn't need to have 11 other Bang Bang kinda tracks on this album. Hopefully the rest is super good like these singles have been! :happy:

Oh god yeah I wasn't expecting eleven super fast paced songs or anything. Idk, it'll almost definitely grow on me but initial reaction is a bit meh by green day standards,but still a good song :) 

I am very pleasantly surprised with this song, I didn't expect very much from it when I read the reactions. It's probably the first Green Day song I've experienced as "new" that I didn't doubt or feel disappointed in, likely because of the low expectations. I absolutely love how different from typical Green Day it is - I like them best in not-so-typical songs and experimenting. It's power pop like Uno but much better. I might have a problem recongnizing them if I heard it on the radio and that's what I wanted from revrad - a new, different sound, something they haven't done before. Also, Billie's vocals sound stellar in it. I'm incredibly happy to say that as vocals were the low point of Bang Bang for me. The lyrics don't feel half-assed either, they are different from his usual style but in a good way.

My number of listens is well into the double-digits now and my only complaint (which is an incredibly minor one) is that it ends a little to abrupt for my liking

okay i read through all the pages and its very interesting to kinda experience the third song of revrad with ur comments :D gonna listen to it in +-1hour, cant wait! (promised myself to not listen to more songs of the revrad album .. stupid me haha)

will the song be on spotify this night?

The YouTube thing isn't available in my country anymore but I listened too it for like 10 times now so it's alright :D

i hope that means I got it on my phone tomorrow 

Another observation, it feels like this is a really good early 2000s-esque soft rock song

I've been searching for it. I can't find it anywhere. Will it be released officially later on today?

4 minutes ago, PurpleIron1039 said:

I've been searching for it. I can't find it anywhere. Will it be released officially later on today?

Yeah. It should come out just like revrad did!!!

10 minutes ago, Sixtrix said:

I just tried to look it up but it wasn't on there. Maybe the content isn't available in my area. But I can wait a few more hours.

I think it just got pulled, I wanted to play it for my family but it was gone! Waah!

Fuck me sideways, I can tell this is going to be one of my all time favourite GD songs. I loved this immediately on first listen, can't say the same for BB or RR, although they've grown a lot on me. I'm so glad they've branched out and made something sounding completely different,  I think it's good to have such a variety of reactions rather than "woo classic Green Day!". It reminds me a lot of Blink or yellowcard. Really digging it :)

I'm so glad I read a lot of this thread before I listened to the song, because it had me convinced that I was going to hate the song. It's definitely different and I can definitely see why people don't like it, but I personally love it. It wasn't what I was expecting at all when I first read that he was writing a song about his addiction, but I'm still pleasantly surprised :)

7 hours ago, strangestat said:

beginning of the song kinda reminds me of this: 

Yes! That was my first thought, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Green Day,

Please stop releasing songs.  I cannot control myself and I have to listen to them.  I would like to listen to the album in full and enjoy the songs as if I've never heard them before so I can cum out of my ears.  Don't leave me with blue ears.

Thank you.

Archived