07 - Still Breathing

Steven Seagull

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BronniIsGod said:

It's quite sad that has become the new standard in current music.

You do realize that "pop crap" still utilizes things such as keyboards, synthesizers, samplers etc. right?

What do you think they do?

Press a button and an instrumental just materializes out of thin air? Lol

1 minute ago, Asik said:

well point made that youre one hell of a drama queen.

So anyway, it's been fun but can the personal attacks stop now please. Pretty sure it isn't necessary to call each other names over a song.

1 minute ago, Asik said:

well kissing asses will get you far. right

Kind of seems pointless to take your life problems out on random internet commenters

4 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

It's true. Being negative all the time isn't going to do you any good. 

Sitting on Green days fan site all day long is so healthy right? A site addict cant judge my lifestyle lel. Get a life. Im done. Lets get back to the topic. Great song

What's rather striking about this song is when you compare it to every time Billie wrote about the frustrations and mundanity of every day life. That has always been a common theme on Green Day albums—feeling bored, uninspired, lost, and disappointed with your little world. This song is the exact opposite of that. It's examining tough adjustment periods and situations and looking at them in a positive light—saying that it's amazing just to be here instead of six feet under, even if life comes with its challenges.

1 minute ago, Asik said:

Sitting on Green days fan site all day long is so healthy right? A site addict cant judge my lifestyle lel. Get a life. Im done. Lets get back to the topic. Great song

It's called an outlet and we all have them. It's much healthier than many others.

Billie steels the show on this one, he sounds amazing, love how clean his voice is in the verses

2 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

Fuck off man. What the hell is wrong with you. Bad day?

Great day! One of the better ones. Im done dude. You involved yourself into the talking that wasnt supposed to be your business. Now you can stop.

Just now, Ross_19 said:

Billie steels the show on this one, he sounds amazing, love how clean his voice is in the verses

It sounds like the trilogy vocal effects but they are used perfectly in this song

3 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

He will sound better live

1 minute ago, Asik said:

Great day! One of the better ones. Im done dude. You involved yourself into the talking that wasnt supposed to be your business. Now you can stop.

Yeah, everyone stop. If anyone really wants to continue this argument you can do so via PM (I would just drop it though). No more replies about it here please.

9 minutes ago, Hermione said:

So anyway, it's been fun but can the personal attacks stop now please. Pretty sure it isn't necessary to call each other names over a song.

Hm Im striking back only

any updates on when this song is going to be officially released? It's starting to grow on me a little, I'm still not crazy about the verses and I still feel like the chorus sounds squashed, but that may just be because of the quality of the mp3, I wanna wait until I get the mp3 from the label (i'm assuming they'll send it out like the did with revrad) until I comment on the production again. I think my favorite part is the bridge, I like the lyrics on that part

This entire day, I have been in class reading the comments about how bad this new single is. 

I just listened to it with the expectation that it was going to be the worst thing I have ever heard. THIS SONG BLEW ME AWAY! 

18 minutes ago, CrimsonArk said:

You do realize that "pop crap" still utilizes things such as keyboards, synthesizers, samplers etc. right?

What do you think they do?

Press a button and an instrumental just materializes out of thin air? Lol

The fuck are you on about? I didn't mention anything about "pop crap". All I said was it's sad that people are listing the fact Green Day are still using real instruments on the track as a way to justify the song's any good.

Usually wouldn't be a huge fan of this kind of song, but the lyrics resonate with me somewhat. Not a live song I don't think, but a solid track for the album.

12 minutes ago, disappearing_boy_39 said:

This song is poppy but Green Day has been writing pop songs since the beginning. Songs like No One Knows, Good Riddance, Macy's Day, Wake Me Up, Stay the Night, and Stray Heart all have either been big radio hits or at least sound like they could have been. 

I like this song. My only problem with it is that it, IMO, it isn't as interesting as the other tracks I mentioned.

Also, I consider myself an older fan since I've been listening for around 21 years :cool:

Ohhh no no no, i'm sorry but comparing No One Knows and Macy's Day, specifically, to Still Breathing is a bit gut-wrenching to me. 

6 minutes ago, BronniIsGod said:

The fuck are you on about? I didn't mention anything about "pop crap". All I said was it's sad that people are listing the fact Green Day are still using real instruments on the track as a way to justify the song's any good.

But it's not sad. What qualifies as "real instruments"? And obviously you and the poster you quoted were referring to the fact with a negative connotation, which felt ill informed. 

Another fucking tune, how do they do it? Don't see how it's different though....like, I guess it's slower but it still has that Green Day sound, y'know?

'CAUSE I'M STILL BREAAATHINNGGGG, 'CAUSE I'M STILL BREATHING ON MY OWWWNNN

I can only imagine how good it will be live.

Just now, CrimsonArk said:

But it's not sad. What qualifies as "real instruments"? And obviously you were referring to the fact with a negative connotation. 

I just think that saying the song is good just because it has the bare minimum a song really needs, is quite ridiculous. Just by looking at your Death Grips profile picture I can tell we have differing opinions on what qualifies as "real" instruments/music. I'll admit, I'm not a musical guru or anything, but I really believe this topic relies on a person's subjective point of view.

Whatever the case may be, you gotta admit a punk/alternative band not using "real"/typical instruments (bass, guitar and drums) would be pretty odd.

It sounds very, uhm, modern? Maybe a little bit too much of an effort to sound like everything else these days, but the chorus is magnificent. Some of Billie's best singing right there. 

If this is co-produced, I will be very disappointed. And if so, it will be difficult to fight off the sell-out arguments. 

Oh gosh! I was so busy following the new Opeth singles that I forgot about GD's. I'm going to go listen to it right now.

Archived