07 - Still Breathing

Steven Seagull

It does make me wonder what people thought of Good Riddance when it came out. Or even WMUWSE. Just in terms of it being something so different. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Haven't heard the song yet but thought I'd click on to the last page of this thread to see what the discussion is like. It's basically the same as every other thread here. 

Person 1: I like it

person 2: I don't 

person1: stop bitching, if you don't like it why comment?

person2: just because I don't like it doesn't mean I'm bitching.

:lol::lol: classic recycled conversations

Well I can clearly tell because I am aware of being person 1 third line down. I still dunno why someone would waste time hating on something they don't like. :lol: 

14 minutes ago, Eric said:

I am trying to say that instead of complaining all day about a song or something to go listen to something they actually enjoy or do something outside that they enjoy instead of wasting time.  Why not just put Seagull on ignore? I never understood if his opinions make you guys so mad to just do that!

When people actually do complain day after day and carry on coming back to whinge about a song and try to spoil other people's enjoyment of it or make fun of them for liking it for weeks/months/years (as happened at times with the trilogy) then I'd have some time for this argument. But this song has only been out a few hours! People are just giving their reactions to/opinions on it and positive and negative views are welcome, especially the reasoned kind I've seen here. No one is stopping you or the rest of us who like it from saying we like it and being excited about it so you really have no reason to be telling other people what they should and shouldn't be posting.

Everyone gets that you think posting negative opinions is a waste of time now, not everyone agrees with that that's all, so you don't need to say it again every time someone expresses a negative opinion :P. Accept that there will be a range of views expressed when a song comes out.

11 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

I don't want to belittle your opinion or anything but this just made me burst out laughing. Not sure what's funnier, the comparison to the Backstreet Boys as if they are the devil incarnate, or saying all this stuff about how terrible it is while just throwing in there that you know a whole album by the Backstreet Boys :D 

it was pretty funny :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Haven't heard the song yet but thought I'd click on to the last page of this thread to see what the discussion is like. It's basically the same as every other thread here. 

Person 1: I like it

person 2: I don't 

person1: stop bitching, if you don't like it why comment?

person2: just because I don't like it doesn't mean I'm bitching.

Seagull: I still don't like anything on AI

:lol::lol: classic recycled conversations

Person 1 is always Eric. In every thread, ever. :tired: and both could be Seagull depending on what the popular opinion is 

I thought it was good, not great. I like Bang Bang more than this song. But I also like this song more than RevRad. I give Still Breathing a 3.5/5.

Okay, I'm gonna ask the bitching about each other to stop right now. Talk about the song, or don't post.

4 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

Person 1 is always Eric. In every thread, ever. :tired: and both could be Seagull depending on what the popular opinion is 

i think you are great too :)

I  really dig the vocal production in the verses. Quality goes kinda eh during the choruses.

Overall I really like this song, though!

11 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

I don't want to belittle your opinion or anything but this just made me burst out laughing. Not sure what's funnier, the comparison to the Backstreet Boys as if they are the devil incarnate, or saying all this stuff about how terrible it is while just throwing in there that you know a whole album by the Backstreet Boys :D 

Every person in the world has a copy of Backstreet's Back.  Right?   

16 minutes ago, greenalert997x said:

Trying something diffrent? There's nothing diffrent and fresh in it. Still Breathing is just the best example of commercial rock song. You can actually hear similar songs everywhere on the radio, where you can also listen to 5sos and 1D. I'd say that they're trying something diffrent if they played violin or saxophone. 

Oh Love is pop-rock song, too. But I know it's Green Day and I don't wonder if they inspired by 1D

I don't think this sounds like anything they have ever done before, which means that they have tried something different for them.  Just because it may be similar to other songs does not mean that they can't try it and to make it their own.  You can still take a type of song that has been done before and make it better.   Personally, I feel the lyrics are what I like so much about this song.  

FYI, they have already violins and saxophones, so that would not be different.  

5 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

Why you have to go after one single person? Can we have a civil discussion, just once.

She's still not over my cool opinions :cool: 

3 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I don't think this sounds like anything they have ever done before, which means that they have tried something different for them.  Just because it may be similar to other songs does not mean that they can't try it and to make it their own.  You can still take a type of song that has been done before and make it better.   Personally, I feel the lyrics are what I like so much about this song.  

FYI, they have already violins and saxophones, so that would not be different.  

The lyrics are sooooooooooooooooooo good! :) 

I'm getting a ton of notifications that my posts have gotten likes, so I think all the older fans are coming home from work and supporting my side. I think maybe the younger audience likes the poppier stuff and are StillBreathing-heads, whereas the older fans might agree with me and be more BangBang-heads.

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

I'm getting a ton of notifications that my posts have gotten likes, so I think all the older fans are coming home from work and supporting my side. I think maybe the younger audience likes the poppier stuff and are StillBreathing-heads, whereas the older fans might agree with me and be more BangBang-heads.

seriously? lmao

10 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

Hell no the Backstreet Boys aren't the devil incarnate. I freaking loved them when I was very, very young. I had a million albums and posters and met them several times :lol: I was totally obsessive :lol: I still think they are amazing singers and had some great pop songs but in the mid 2000s they were utterly washed up and like lots of boybands around at the time decided to release a "rock" album and it sounds exactly like Still Breathing. And THAT is not a good thing. Ps. Backstreet Boys are unashamedly pop and I expect them to be cheesy etc but Green Day used to be punk or at least rock...this song is just bad.

1 minute ago, Jake69 said:

It has nothing to do with age. 

No? Explain why my grand-parents like polka, my parents like 80s glam rock, and I like punk and alternative. And my friends younger siblings like rap and hip hop. Race, gender, age, etc all play into music tastes.

Eh, it's alright. I could take it or leave it. I'd view it as a filler song on the album for myself personally. 

4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I really like both songs for different reasons. Not sure where I fall on your spectrum, but I'd consider myself to be an older fan :P

Just now, DookieLukie said:

Oh come on, don't bring the 'eras of Green Day fans' into it. You're entitled to your opinion, just as much as anyone else. It has nothing to do with the age of the fans. I don't personally care how it sounds, as much as the lyrical content. The lyrics are what connect with people the most, not some epic, unheard of guitar riff. 

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

No? Explain why my grand-parents like polka, my parents like 80s glam rock, and I like punk and alternative. And my friends younger siblings like rap and hip hop. Race, gender, age, etc all play into music tastes.

It's what's popular at the time?

7 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I like both.  There are plenty of people on this forum of all ages that like all types of music

8 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

Why you have to go after one single person? Can we have a civil discussion, just once.

I was just kidding. Everyone already knows anyway *shrugs* :P 

5 minutes ago, Eric said:

She's still not over my cool opinions :cool:  

:cool: 

2 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Hell no the Backstreet Boys aren't the devil incarnate. I freaking loved them when I was very, very young. I had a million albums and posters and met them several times :lol: I was totally obsessive :lol: I still think they are amazing singers and had some great pop songs but in the mid 2000s they were utterly washed up and like lots of boybands around at the time decided to release a "rock" album and it sounds exactly like Still Breathing. And THAT is not a good thing. Ps. Backstreet Boys are unashamedly pop and I expect them to be cheesy etc but Green Day used to be punk or at least rock...this song is just bad.

Thanks for clarifying. Your post is still funny but that makes more sense. :D I still like the song though. And - confession - I have Incomplete in my iTunes :tired::P 

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

you are pigeonholing so hard right now. just because someone grows up with a certain type of genre doesn't mean that they can't like other genres more.

This chorus is so fucking awesome. Wish Bang Bang had a chorus like this or Revolution Radio.

Archived