07 - Still Breathing

Steven Seagull

1 minute ago, LPbilliejr said:

Am Euology+1. But what makes you excited about forever now but not still breathing??

Still Breathing sounds very sterile and lifeless, not something I want in a song that's supposed to be so meaningful.

Forever Now seems to be epic, which is imo Green Day at their best. That Who-like anthem has me excited as well.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Love it. For Sure. And with every song that drops from RevRad I'm getting more and more excited.

and the song sounds a little bit like sth sunrise ave. could have done.:D and I like that too

Just now, Scattered Wreck said:

I'm surprised about all the people that are complaining that it sounds so different from anything they have ever done before.  Isn't that one of the reasons we love this band??  That they are always trying something different?  

Exactly! I'd get bored if they kept rehashing the same stuff. I love the different directions they've taken with this album.

Not that I think it's a bad thing, but I can honestly see Taylor Swift or Kelly Clarkson singing the first verse with a bit of a country twang. Billie does have some Oklahoma blood in him, so sorta makes sense. I think it'll be a top 100 hit for sure.

4 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I'm surprised about all the people that are complaining that it sounds so different from anything they have ever done before.  Isn't that one of the reasons we love this band??  That they are always trying something different?  

Of all people, Dookielukie was complaining and saying why can't they do something different, they do, and he still complains. :lol:

this song is released and everyone forgets about their recent health issuses...

I hope they are still breathing!!!!

:ga:

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

Of all people, Dookielukie was complaining and saying why can't they do something different, they do, and he still complains. :lol:

Ok well that's not what I was saying, but ok. Different doesn't automatically make it good. Can you stop taking the fact that some people don't like it so personally?

4 minutes ago, 21guns&novacaine said:

If they co-wrote a few songs with some other musicians, doesn't that count as being experimental? It's something they've never done for Green Day. Aside from a duet here and there, there's never been another artist stepping in to help lyrically or sound-wise. 

That counts as playing it safe.

3 minutes ago, xXRustyJamesXx said:

this song is released and everyone forgets about their recent health issuses...

I hope they are still breathing!!!!

:ga:

They just have an infection, they're not dying. If anyone is still breathing it's Jason. He kicked cancer's ass.

9 minutes ago, 21guns&novacaine said:

If they co-wrote a few songs with some other musicians, doesn't that count as being experimental? It's something they've never done for Green Day. Aside from a duet here and there, there's never been another artist stepping in to help lyrically or sound-wise. 

There is nothing wrong for having co-writers. 

1 minute ago, Harry Potter. said:

That counts as playing it safe.

that's like saying you can't have a producer to tell you thoughts and opinions on the sound in the studio. GOOD ONE

Which they also didn't even have a producer!

I love it! It kinda has a weird Blink 182 vibe crossed with The Killers. It's nothing new in terms of pop or rock music, but I really like it! I'm confused though, did they have a co-writer on this? A lot of people seem to be saying so, anyone mind filling me in?

3 minutes ago, LPbilliejr said:

that's like saying you can't have a producer to tell you thoughts and opinions on the sound in the studio. GOOD ONE

ignore Harry Potter

Just now, Eric said:

ignore Harry Potter

Yeah ignore all people that don't think exactly like you do.

Just now, Eric said:

There is nothing wrong for having co-writers. 

Exactly. I think it'll be a cool experimental thing if they did. 

6 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Ok well that's not what I was saying, but ok. Different doesn't automatically make it good. Can you stop taking the fact that some people don't like it so personally?

Can you stop bitching and move on to another thread if you really hate this song?

5 minutes ago, Eric said:

Man, some of you guys need to stop getting so defensive on behalf of others and taking Green Day complaints so personally. They aren't above criticism.

Just now, DookieLukie said:

Yeah ignore all people that don't think exactly like you do. make illogical references

Just now, Eric said:

Can you stop bitching and move on to another thread if you really hate this song?

I've been contributing to a conversation about the song. This thread isn't only for people who like the song. You are the one throwing out sassy comments to any dissent.

1 minute ago, Eric said:

But it's the thread for discussion of this song. Discussion includes all opinions of a song, this isn't a hug box

2 minutes ago, Brutalitops said:

Man, some of you guys need to stop getting so defensive on behalf of others and taking Green Day complaints so personally. They aren't above criticism.

You mean like you, when someone says JOS is trash?

On topic: I love this song!

4 minutes ago, LPbilliejr said:

Which they also didn't even have a producer!

It's different. Just wanted to point out how having co-writers isn't experimental.

5 minutes ago, Eric said:

If someone doesn't like the song that doesn't mean they're bitching.
Bitching is seagull 12 years later complaining about american idiot in his every post. :P What these people do is mostly genuine contribution.

Just now, Steven Seagull said:

You mean like you, when someone says JOS is trash?

Nah Seagull. No one gets bitchy and offended over what you say because we all know it's a load of contrarian garbage. You're more synthetic than any 5sos or 1D song.

Archived