02 - Bang Bang

Lone

11 minutes ago, Jenn123 said:

Feels to me like the exact opposite of forced tbh. I know you didn't ask for my opinion specifically but I'd give Bang Bang at least an 8. I liked Oh Love but I wasn't THIS excited when it came out. It's such a different song in terms of subject and tempo though so it's hard to compare. As for 21CB the song...7.5. :P 

When you google viva vendetta, all the results are V for Vendetta. Kinda interesting. 

Also 'viva' translates to 'long live' so I guess the 'la' ('the') isn't necessary in this case? Long live (the idea of) vendetta?

Yeah not forced, but like didnt put much effort into it, like yeah heres the song whatever. I was hoping they make every second of the new songs count and perfect, and the only good part of Bang bang daddys little psycho and mommys little soldier, and that world war zero scream. Ive listened to it like 50 times in a row trying to make myself like it cause you know its Green day. Still dont know where are you hearing the 8 scale. Im not even sure if this song is worth learning playing on guitar. But yeah, lady,  every opinion counts to me. So dont be shy to share it :)

I just listened Bang Bang at the radio with some friends that didn't like Green Day at all. They loved it, and I'm so happy :dance:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Asik said:

Yeah not forced, but like didnt put much effort into it, like yeah heres the song whatever. I was hoping they make every second of the new songs count and perfect, and the only good part of Bang bang daddys little psycho and mommys little soldier, and that world war zero scream. Ive listened to it like 50 times in a row trying to make myself like it cause you know its Green day. Still dont know where are you hearing the 8 scale. Im not even sure if this song is worth learning playing on guitar. But yeah, lady,  every opinion counts to me. So dont be shy to share it :)

Okay, maybe not the exact opposite of forced :P it seems to me they love the song and are proud of it. Preventing leaks takes effort and they went to the trouble of taking down youtube videos pretending to be the song before it was released. And a radio debut so everyone could hear it. I think they know they're onto something and I think they are too! I'm sorry you don't feel the same - hopefully you'll like the rest of the album :)

• Like 2

Just caught my sister singing 'I wanna be a celebrity martyr'.  She says she still hasn't decided whether she likes it or not, but it's stuck in her head which can only be good!

• Like 4

I was very disapponited with the song when I first heard it, because I had expected something very different. It was a strange feeling. But the more I have listened to it today, the more I have liked it.  It's catchy, it's good... and I'm looking forward to hearing it live and I think that will be the moment I will fall in love with the album as a whole.  I'm sure it will be badass

But all in all, it's just great to have them back :)

BANG BANG is kind of hard to sing along to.   I'm sure I'll get it eventually.     Can anyone tell who is singing the backing vocals (bang bang, aaah aaah, you're dead, I'm well fed)....is it Billie or all of them doing gang vocals?   To me it sounds like Billie is doing it all.    

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thatdude03 said:

BANG BANG is kind of hard to sing along to.   I'm sure I'll get it eventually.     Can anyone tell who is singing the backing vocals (bang bang, aaah aaah, you're dead, I'm well fed)....is it Billie or all of them doing gang vocals?   To me it sounds like Billie is doing it all.    

It's definitely hard if you try to do all the parts at the same time, especially when it gets to the last chorus :P  I'm not sure who's doing the 'Bang Bangs', but I'm pretty sure the rest is Billie.  I wonder if they'll give Tré a mic so he and Mike can bang bang together when they perform it live, or if they'll leave it to the other 3.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

I've listened to this song on repeat for 2 days now and I'm pretty sure it is billie doing the back up vocals

• Like 1

I'm watching BANG BANG on repeat again and I started rewinding it at the "WORLD WAR ZERO" part and wow, it's heavy.   Sludgy guitars, and that scream is fantastic!.   

Just now, JJ1964 said:

I've listened to this song on repeat for 2 days now and I'm pretty sure it is billie doing the back up vocals

I can't believe I haven't even mentioned the backing vocals yet in this song. Oh my god they are so perfect... All the shouting and stuff is just epic and fits the song perfectly.

Only Green Day can pack this much awesome into 3 minutes.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

It's definitely hard if you try to do all the parts at the same time, especially when it gets to the last chorus :P  I'm not sure who's doing the 'Bang Bangs', but I'm pretty sure the rest is Billie.  I wonder if they'll give Tré a mic so he and Mike can bang bang together when they perform it live, or if they'll leave it to the other 3.

I imagine Captain Hey was the one doing the "Bang Bangs".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JJ1964 said:

Yeah, I don't hear any Mike vocals at all.  I think they really tried to "buckle down" on this album which could be a good thing and I understand it.  They're trying to do the total opposite of their last album either because it was failure or simply because Green Day refuse to make the same album twice.   Jason lost his "fourth member" status and it could be that Billie sings and plays guitar.    Mike plays bass and Tre beats the drum.     I'm all about some Mike and Tre singing and would have LOVED a Jason-fronted song, but maybe this album is not the place for those dreams to come true.   Maybe this is the kick booty raw rock n roll record Billie has been yacking about for so long.   Back to basics, dirty sounding awesomeness.     Man that WORLD WAR ZERO scream is sleazy and I love it!  

• Like 1

Just now, thatdude03 said:

I'm all about some Mike and Tre singing and would have LOVED a Jason-fronted song, but maybe this album is not the place for those dreams to come true.   

Now that is just plain silly.

• Like 2

Just now, JJ1964 said:

More specifically it's Pinhead Gunpowder :P

• Like 3

Just now, JJ1964 said:

Me wanting a Jason/Mike/Tre fronted song or this not being the album for that?   

12 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Wanting anyone but Billie to sing is just plain silly.

I am teasing, but in all seriousness, I think Billie is one of the best front men in rock and specifically one of the best singers.  He has worked very hard on his vocal abilities.  He has clearly taken lessons and is one of the few singers who's vocal ability has increased as he has gotten older.  He puts so much emotion into his singing that you can really feel the song.  To me, having anyone else sing a GD song is a waste.   I think Mike and Jason, Mike particularly are fantastic back up singers, but just my opinion, I dont' feel the need to hear them sing lead.

Explains why I haven't seen you over in the "What happened to Jason White thread."      Just remember, without Mike Dirnt there is no American Idiot.   It all started with "Nobody Likes You".      I drop my mic and walk away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thatdude03 said:

Explains why I haven't seen you over in the "What happened to Jason White thread."      Just remember, without Mike Dirnt there is no American Idiot.   It all started with "Nobody Likes You".      I drop my mic and walk away.

Ugh, bringing that up again.  Mike came up with that, but Billie did everything else.  You cannot say that without Mike there would not be AI.  Billie had been thinking about it for quite some time and I believe he had actually come up with I'm the son of Rage and Love, but I could be wrong on that.  So, you can go pick your mic up again.

And yes, I really don't care what happened to Jason White.  

• Like 2

I was listening to the radio for a very long time today, same station as I listened to yesterday. Yesterday they played it at slightly past 10am then played it two more times during the day but today they didn't even play it once, in the couple of hours I did stop listening here and there for a bit but the song is not in the recently played list.

They did play Longview though. I thought it is rather weird.

3 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Ugh, bringing that up again.  Mike came up with that, but Billie did everything else.  You cannot say that without Mike there would not be AI.  Billie had been thinking about it for quite some time and I believe he had actually come up with I'm the son of Rage and Love, but I could be wrong on that.  So, you can go pick your mic up again.

And yes, I really don't care what happened to Jason White.  

Billie could have written a decent album back then, but Mike's little mini song inspired Billie and Tre to write other parts of what would eventually turn into Homecoming which in turn inspired them to write Jesus of Suburbia which sort tells the story of the whole thing.  What I'm saying is that Mike Dirnt wrote American Idiot by himself and deserves 100 percent of the credit.    

I'm messing with you.   Like I said, maybe this is the album to go back to basics and let Mike play bass and Tre play drums.    We can agree on that!   

• Like 2

The only song I can think of at least in this decade that had to do with the perspective of a shooter was "Pumped Up Kicks" and although it sounded more light hearted and poppy, it did very well. Most people don't even pay attention to the subject matter. I think this song being a hit has absolutely nothing to do with the dark subject matter honestly. I think at least on modern rock/alternative stations it will be played a lot. People really appreciate this song. It's amazing.

• Like 2