02 - Bang Bang

Lone

It's really cool to see that the song is doing pretty well in the charts! It's even in front of Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling in the UK, and the song has only been out for a day! How does it do campared to previous singles like American Idiot for exemple? I wasn't a fan at that moment and I'd be curious to know! 

• Like 1

I've been breaking up listening to it with 21st CB and the trilogy - the two things it most sounds like :D 

I guess it's an okay first single an all, but are people seriously comparing it with american idiot? I mean, it's a fun fast paced punk song for the fans, but it's hardly as catchy as american idiot. Still, the direction they're headed in seems promising. 

I listened to it again now...the vocals just aren't it. Definitely better than the Trilogy but inferior to 21CB. (judging using my cheap earphones - I still couldn't listen to it on anything better.) Just imagine this with AI vocals...

Seems like Bang Bang is doing decent on the charts according to these comments. I hope the other singles do too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

I listened to it again now...the vocals just aren't it. Definitely better than the Trilogy but inferior to 21CB. (judging using my cheap earphones - I still couldn't listen to it on anything better.) Just imagine this with AI vocals...

Nothing is better than 21CB except for possibly Foreverly.  However, I think the vocals fit the song perfectly.  I can really hear that deranged arrogance and insane need for acceptance that mass shooter must feel.

I've listened to it about 50 times now, and it just keeps getting better. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Nothing is better than 21CB except for possibly Foreverly.  However, I think the vocals fit the song perfectly.  I can really hear that deranged arrogance and insane need for acceptance that mass shooter must feel.

I've listened to it about 50 times now, and it just keeps getting better. 

Agreed that the delivery is excellent. 

• Like 1

"leading man" is a better lyric than little man . Also the line "hurrayy" reminds me of "horay we're gonna die" from Jaded of Insomniac. So,i wanted a small reminder of insomniac,i got what i want , many people got what they want (most of reviews are positive) everything is happy and good. Excited for the rest ,especially the song "Still Breathing"

• Like 2

I have to say that after the early hype I am not that excited about this first song anymore. I was super excited when Oh Love came out. Well maybe because I had to suffer with 2 shitty rock opera albums in a row. Bang Bang is ok but it's nothing special really when you listen to it a couple times. It has some cool parts like that scream in the middle, but it also has so many unnecessary things going on before it. Also that news at the beginning is starting to get annoying. The verse and chorus are all messed up. Well it doesn't really have a chorus. Maybe it's just too much going on for me. I definitely like the Kerplunk style guitars though.

2 hours ago, Steven Seagull said:

It's been a day and I still have no idea what the lyrics are saying. 

if you mean the clarity of the words i think the vocal mix is a bit muddy.

28 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

sad but true. the "celebrity martyr" part would be elevated to such greatness by some AI vocals.

5 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

I have to say that after the early hype I am not that excited about this first song anymore. I was super excited when Oh Love came out. Well maybe because I had to suffer with 2 shitty rock opera albums in a row. Bang Bang is ok but it's nothing special really when you listen to it a couple times. It has some cool parts like that scream in the middle, but it also has so many unnecessary things going on before it. Also that news at the beginning is starting to get annoying. The verse and chorus are all messed up. Well it doesn't really have a chorus. Maybe it's just too much going on for me. I definitely like the Kerplunk style guitars though.

Every time I hear the news intro it makes me curious as to how the album will play out. Will there be more interludes like that throughout the album? I'm hoping it'll have a nice flow so the album will be a great listen all the way through.

• Like 3

I would cut that out on the album version and just went all in with the guitars. A song should be a part of its own.

6 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Does anything make you happy?

It's not really a happy song

Just now, Harry Potter. said:

he likes tom delonge and the trilogy.

That's true

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Private Ale. said:

" i wanna be a celebrity martyr" part is insane.Best part of song IMO. and i don't even know what it particularly means.

I take that to mean that he is willing to die to become famous.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Private Ale. said:

" i wanna be a celebrity martyr" part is insane.Best part of song IMO. and i don't even know what it particularly means.

That's pretty straightforward. The shooter wants to be famous for what he does - a celebrity. He doesn't mind getting killed as long as he gets the celebrity status. He dies for his cause - a martyr. 

Just now, JJ1964 said:

I take that to mean that he is willing to die to become famous.  

Beat me to it :mad:

• Like 1

Our Favorite Songs Right Now: Green Day, Miranda Lambert and More

Green Day, "Bang Bang"

Green Day's first studio album in four long years is out in October, and its first single is a harrowing punk rager, sung from the perspective of a mass shooter drunk on twisted fame. They've never channeled American angst so terrifyingly.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/our-favorite-songs-right-now-green-day-warpaint-and-more-w434059/father-john-misty-real-love-baby-w434061