Revolution Radio Tour production

Joe K

I want there to be screens during the arena tour mainly because everytime I hear the bridge, I picture something very daunting and I think it would be quite cool (pretty much how during the musical they would project St Jimmy's face during said song and Homecoming.)

However, for these upcoming promo shows, they can't do anything too elaborate, nor I would want them to. Nice and simple, please.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Maid Meringue said:

I don't have many expectations for the US club shows. You cant exactly have an arena setup in those - usually you can fit a banner and equipment and that's pretty much it.

The arena shows are probably going to be so cool. They need to do the thing with all the TVs in the background again, expect with radios. And then set them all on fire (literally or digitally).

Yeah they'll have like an backdrop max for the club shows like they had for the 21st century breakdown club shows.

• 1 month later...

Guys I can already imagine it! Hear me out:

The stage will be hidden with an curtain. Maybe they have somekind of intro or something but after that the intro for Somewhere Now starts playing from tape. Fans start freaking out and singing along to the track "I'm running late to somewhere now I don't want to be". "How did the life on the wild side" Billie start's singing live "EVER GET SO DULL" and then the curtain drops revealing the band. Everything is awesome, everyone is having a good time and the band is packed with energy.

I seriously can't wait for the arena tour...

i just hope they don´t strip it down too much .. i want more than 99tour had but not more than 21st ! 

but i have a little feeling that their tour production will be really simple and disappointing in comparison to other great artist ..

32 minutes ago, ThmFortin said:

i just hope they don´t strip it down too much .. i want more than 99tour had but not more than 21st ! 

but i have a little feeling that their tour production will be really simple and disappointing in comparison to other great artist ..

I feel the opposite tbh. I mean a catwalk is already confirmed so I think it's gonna be huge otherwise too.

2 minutes ago, Joe K said:

I feel the opposite tbh. I mean a catwalk is already confirmed so I think it's gonna be huge otherwise too.

where do you have this info from?

2 minutes ago, ThmFortin said:

where do you have this info from?

US and Australia tour arena maps. The catwalk is probably for the European tour too but it was the first one to be announced so maybe the catwalk wasn't planned at the time.

19 minutes ago, Joe K said:

For the show in Des Moines, there is no catwalk. I am basing that off of the seating chart

4 minutes ago, ZSebs said:

For the show in Des Moines, there is no catwalk. I am basing that off of the seating chart

Well yeah but most of the dates have it so I'm assuming that it's the tour's Basic setup.

• 4 weeks later...

So what do you guys think ? 

After the emas & amas it seems that green day has fun with pyro again :D 

does someone have any news about the stage pyro etc? 

I'm so glad the pyro is alive and well again. Didn't like the laser light show from the Trilogy tour one bit. Give me FIRE. 

Gotta have some blasts when your are that big of a band. It should be well timed and to very appropriate songs, and should not deter from the music being played. Looking forward to seeing what happens!

On Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 4:33 PM, ZSebs said:

Not in Atlanta, either.

I wonder if they are gonna have any backdrops like on the AI tour or go full screens like on the 21stcb tour. I'm honestly very interested how are they going to make the stage show to kind of symbolize Revolution Radio. Are they gonna have some radios on flame or something? :D 

On 30.11.2016 at 7:33 PM, Joe K said:

NI wonder if they are gonna have any backdrops like on the AI tour or go full screens like on the 21stcb tour. I'm honestly very interested how are they going to make the stage show to kind of symbolize Revolution Radio. Are they gonna have some radios on flame or something? :D 

I just really hope that it is not like the triology tour  :sick: green day is a prestige rock band , if you look at the stages of coldplay,acdc, guns n roses, rammstein &&&& ... they all have huuuuuge stages! But at 2013 green day's stage looked like shit with no effects & everything was stripped down ..

so let's hope that this time they will have big screens , pyro and a cool lightshow! :dance:

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:33 PM, Joe K said:

I wonder if they are gonna have any backdrops like on the AI tour or go full screens like on the 21stcb tour. I'm honestly very interested how are they going to make the stage show to kind of symbolize Revolution Radio. Are they gonna have some radios on flame or something? :D 

If it's like the Bang Bang performances I'll be happy! :D I love the full screens showing moving artwork. I know some thought the 21CB production was a bit much but I'm a fan of the pyrotechnics and lights and video.

Radios in flames would be so cool :cool: 

I'm not a fan of pyro really, but I'd love it if they had the confetti at the end of a show like on the 21st CB tour, that was really cool.
I still have some of them saved from every show I've been to :lol: 

1 hour ago, Marki. said:

I'm not a fan of pyro really, but I'd love it if they had the confetti at the end of a show like on the 21st CB tour, that was really cool.
I still have some of them saved from every show I've been to :lol: 

Haha, yes, I loved the confetti too, and I'm happy I'm not the only one crazy enough to collect them. I framed them with a GD poster and the ticket of the the open-air-show in Mainz during 21CB tour. One of the best nights of my life.

Some RevRad confetti would be great!! :runaround:

I LOVE CONFETTI! I have some from the 21CB shows too, and some from American Idiot on the West End :cool: 

58 minutes ago, MMwhatsername said:

Haha, yes, I loved the confetti too, and I'm happy I'm not the only one crazy enough to collect them. I framed them with a GD poster and the ticket of the the open-air-show in Mainz during 21CB tour. One of the best nights of my life.

Some RevRad confetti would be great!! :runaround:

5 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

I LOVE CONFETTI! I have some from the 21CB shows too, and some from American Idiot on the West End :cool: 

YES good that I'm not the only one! :D I'd love some RevRad confetti.

1 hour ago, crock6000 said:

The stage for the new tour has been shown.  They had for the first 3 I saw that mini set but at the Jimmy Kimmel Live set, they had their tour LEDs.

Look at the stage for Jimmy Kimmel Live and you will see what the tour will look like in general.

Also, if they have amended it some more, I'll let you know when I see them in an arena on the 11th!  Woo hoo.  I am about to see Green Day for the 5th fucking time already for RevRad and I haven't left LA.

Not true, Berklee.  But not California and mostly LA.  

Here:

You could be right but I'm a bit sceptical. I thought that those were just for that show. How can you be so sure that they are their own tour leds?

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing back the the backdrop of American Idiot they used during the 21st CB Tour at the Ellen show recently, keeps me optimistic they will use large screens at their upcoming tour, too. 

32 minutes ago, Tomcat20 said:

Bringing back the the backdrop of American Idiot they used during the 21st CB Tour at the Ellen show recently, keeps me optimistic they will use large screens at their upcoming tour, too. 

Yup I was thinking the same thing! They did it at Almost Acoustic too!

Under a month actually till we see the setup!

Archived