• Created
  • Last Reply
so current standings are:
1. Nine Inch Nails 28.41%
2. Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble 24.00%
3. Joan Jett & the Blackhearts 8.67%
4. Bill Withers 6.76%
5. Green Day 6.11%
it would be nice to see them bump up a little, it almost seems weird to see them not in the top 1-3 of a poll.

Well, this sucks ass. One-time wonders are on top.

NIN are hardly one time wonders

SRV is a blues legend

Same with Bill Withers

NIN are hardly one time wonders

SRV is a blues legend

Same with Bill Withers

Nope, I hardly think SRV is blues legend. He had some amazing stuff like Texas Flood, but that's it.

And Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

Nope, I hardly think SRV is blues legend. He had some amazing stuff like Texas Flood, but that's it.

And Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

It's good that your opinion isn't the main public opinion you may not like it but he is a legend...

And I didn't mention Joan Jett for a reason lol

It's good that your opinion isn't the main public opinion you may not like it but he is a legend...

And I didn't mention Joan Jett for a reason lol

Well, he is one time wonder legend to me.

What about Lou Reed?

Well, he is one time wonder legend to me.

What about Lou Reed?

One time wonder??? Please do research before you say stupid ass shit fuck...

And what about Lou Reed he's not in the top 5 list...

One time wonder??? Please do research before you say stupid ass shit fuck...

And what about Lou Reed he's not in the top 5 list...

Wait, what's all the insulting about?

Yea, he should be waaaaaaaaaay more than not even in top 5. This is a horror.

Wait, what's all the insulting about?

Yea, he should be waaaaaaaaaay more than not even in top 5. This is a horror.

cause your calling someone who has quite a few #1 hits a one time wonder a man who has influenced dozens and dozens of artists from ALL genres a man who is regarded by MILLIONS as one of the best blues player ever as a one time wonder you should RESEARCH people before calling them something they are clearly not...

Personally I don't care if NIN or even GD make it this year they will make it eventually

SRV Bill Withers deserve to be in there

Lou Reed is already in if you count Velvet Underground

cause your calling someone who has quite a few #1 hits a one time wonder a man who has influenced dozens and dozens of artists from ALL genres a man who is regarded by MILLIONS as one of the best blues player ever as a one time wonder you should RESEARCH people before calling them something they are clearly not...

Personally I don't care if NIN or even GD make it this year they will make it eventually

SRV Bill Withers deserve to be in there

Lou Reed is already in if you count Velvet Underground

And I gave out my opinion, and you gave me out argument. Luckily, argument starts with "shit ass fuck". No, I just don't think it's that influental to go here right now. In fact he is, let's take out other artists that were competing for the title.

He has some fascinating pieces, and that's it.

Well, he also had fascinating solo career, so I think Velvet Underground shouldn't count here.

And I gave out my opinion, and you gave me out argument. Luckily, argument starts with "shit ass fuck". No, I just don't think it's that influental to go here right now. In fact he is, let's take out other artists that were competing for the title.

He has some fascinating pieces, and that's it.

Well, he also had fascinating solo career, so I think Velvet Underground shouldn't count here.

The fuck part is meant as frustration the stupid ass shit was your comments that SRV isn't a legend...

Just because YOU don't like SRV doesn't take away that he isn't a legend cause he is...

All I'm sayin is research cause CLEARLY you have zero none nada zip not a goddamn thing of knowledge of SRV and what he has done if you call him a one time wonder if you don't know nothing about something it's wise to just keep quiet on it right?

Are you going to claim BB King or Buddy Guy aren't legends as well?

The fuck part is meant as frustration the stupid ass shit was your comments that SRV isn't a legend...

Just because YOU don't like SRV doesn't take away that he isn't a legend cause he is...

All I'm sayin is research cause CLEARLY you have zero none nada zip not a goddamn thing of knowledge of SRV and what he has done if you call him a one time wonder if you don't know nothing about something it's wise to just keep quiet on it right?

No, it's my opinion and period.

He is legend, but I don't consider him one.

No, I have no idea about him, just because I have different opinion I should be keeping quiet on it?

No, it's my opinion and period.

He is legend, but I don't consider him one.

No, I have no idea about him, just because I have different opinion I should be keeping quiet on it?

Its one thing to say you don't think he deserves

But to add in that he is a one time wonder you should perhaps RESEARCH or be quiet about that part...

I apologize if you think I'm insulting you im not

Its one thing to say you don't think he deserves

But to add in that he is a one time wonder you should perhaps RESEARCH or be quiet about that part...

Wait, I need to research my opinion? I've done research, and I'm familliar with how famous he is.

But, It's my opinion, you can see what Iva said in my sig - I have strong feelings on one subject and that's it.

I will always say he is some kind of one-time-wonder, but some kind, not full one-time wonder. Like Chumbawamba or something else was.

Wait, I need to research my opinion? I've done research, and I'm familliar with how famous he is.

But, It's my opinion, you can see what Iva said in my sig - I have strong feelings on one subject and that's it.

I will always say he is some kind of one-time-wonder, but some kind, not full one-time wonder. Like Chumbawamba or something else was.

How in the fuck is he is a one time wonder???

Do you even know the fuck one time wonder even means?

How in the fuck is he is a one time wonder???

Do you even know the fuck one time wonder even means?

I think we should stop the rant here.

Yes, I know, yes, how, It's my opinion, I'm sick of repeating it over and over again.

I think what he is saying is that he only likes one of his songs. But to be fair SRV probably should have gotten in a long time ago. I think green day should be inducted but there are a fair amount of artists that should go in before them. A lot of these artists have had to wait way too long. Some have died before they've been inducted and a lot will probably never get in. Sad truth.

I wonder how the poor fan vote would mirror the official hall of fame voters opinions? The media makes it seem like Green Day are a surefire bet, but if the real voters feel the way the online voters do, not so much....

I have no doubt in my mind Green Day will get in this year. That isn't personal bias either. First ballot nominees typically get in. One thing that must be considered throughout all of this is, who are the voters. The voters are industry executives,and historians, so the more mainstream memorable artists are always more likely to get in. I feel like some people on this site underestimate Green Day's influence.They created Pop-Punk, or at least brought it to the masses. I'm not saying SRV, Bill Withers, Lou Reed, and Kraftwerk don't have their place but take pride in Green Day. Theyre definitley one of the top 3 punk bands of all time. This i who I think gets in this year. 1.Green Day 2.NIN 3.SRV 4.Lou Reed 5.NWA I hope Joan Jett gets in though. Even consider who these online voters are Older classic rock fans mostly.

I have no doubt in my mind Green Day will get in this year. That isn't personal bias either. First ballot nominees typically get in. One thing that must be considered throughout all of this is, who are the voters. The voters are industry executives,and historians, so the more mainstream memorable artists are always more likely to get in. I feel like some people on this site underestimate Green Day's influence.They created Pop-Punk, or at least brought it to the masses. I'm not saying SRV, Bill Withers, Lou Reed, and Kraftwerk don't have their place but take pride in Green Day. Theyre definitley one of the top 3 punk bands of all time. This i who I think gets in this year. 1.Green Day 2.NIN 3.SRV 4.Lou Reed 5.NWA I hope Joan Jett gets in though. Even consider who these online voters are Older classic rock fans mostly.

I agree with this 100% The fan vote was set up to make it fun for the fans. If it was meant to really mean something they would have given it more weight and would have set it up so it is not so easily manipulated. I also think they get in this year as well.

Archived