Billie Joe & Avicii, Thoughts?

kiarakoval

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kind of surprised Larry Livermore called this awesome. I hoped for bad things he's going to say about this collaboration.

I'm kind of surprised Larry Livermore called this awesome. I hoped for bad things he's going to say about this collaboration.

Larry is always really supportive of them trying new things and not getting tied down to what fans want.

Yeah, he's really open minded about music so it wouldn't surprise me that he'd think this was cool at all.

Larry is always really supportive of them trying new things and not getting tied down to what fans want.

Well, does that mean he has to get through his opinion and be supportive?

Well, does that mean he has to get through his opinion and be supportive?

Maybe his opinion is that trying new musical things is a good thing

If this song came out when I was still in middle/high school, I probably would've been unhappy that Billie's doing something other than sticking to rock/pop-punk/punk/whatever green day is. But as I've gotten older, I've expanded my music taste and I like BJA's voice so pretty much anything he's put out sounds good to me.

TL;DR: I like the song, but it sounds a lot like Wake Me Up

• 4 weeks later...

So when I heard about this I got really really excited - because I was (and kinda still am) obsessed with the song Levels. I dunno, I'm not usually a fan of dance music but every so often I hear something from a genre I don't typically listen to and it totally sucks me in. And if I had to pick a favourite 'dance' artist, it'd be Avicii.

I am currently obsessed with this dodgy quality audio recording of No Pleasing A Woman and I want an official release more than anything. I reckon it'd storm the charts! The thing I like about Avicii is that he seems to let the artist do their thing. Like, you can hear the acoustic guitar and Billie's voice at the start and throughout the song, under the dance. Which I think is awesome.

Openmindedness is a very attractive quality and I'm so glad Billie has this. Sometimes it works for me (like this) sometimes it doesn't (not a fan of the slow country covers) but through it all I still admire that he's trying all these new things and most likely enjoying himself whilst doing it. :)

You speak of Billie Joe be open-minded. But you seem to be as well, which is refreshing to see on this forum. 98% of users here are not. So, thank you for being reasonable.

Well I was hoping that Billie's collaboration would be the first single, but a song with Robbie Williams is the first single. Avicii's new album is going to be released in early spring 2015 with I am assuming Billie's song on it.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/code/6273842/avicii-health-interview-the-days?facebook_20141002

Well I was hoping that Billie's collaboration would be the first single, but a song with Robbie Williams is the first single. Avicii's new album "True" is going to be released in early spring 2015 with I am assuming Billie's song on it.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/code/6273842/avicii-health-interview-the-days?facebook_20141002

Wasn't "True" the name the last album he had out?

Wasn't "True" the name the last album he had out?

I stand corrected. That's what I get when I didn't read the entire sentence all the way through.

Openmindedness is a very attractive quality and I'm so glad Billie has this. Sometimes it works for me (like this) sometimes it doesn't (not a fan of the slow country covers) but through it all I still admire that he's trying all these new things and most likely enjoying himself whilst doing it. :)

I agree 100% on this. Life gets boring and stale if you don't try new things. Plus, it can show a whole new audience how talented and diversified he can be. I also actually enjoyed Foreverly, even though I would have preferred a better partner than Snorah Jones.

You speak of Billie Joe be open-minded. But you seem to be as well, which is refreshing to see on this forum. 98% of users here are not. So, thank you for being reasonable.

Stop, you'll make me blush! :blush: But like, it doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Music is a bunch of sounds put together, be it from a computer program or a guitar string, and you either like it or you don't. I like No Pleasing A Woman. Simples!

Well I was hoping that Billie's collaboration would be the first single, but a song with Robbie Williams is the first single. Avicii's new album is going to be released in early spring 2015 with I am assuming Billie's song on it.

Thanks for this!! I heard the Robbie Williams single today, wasn't bad. I'm so glad there's a rough estimate for the album now, I was going crazy :P Sounds like I'm going to like the whole album!

I agree 100% on this. Life gets boring and stale if you don't try new things. Plus, it can show a whole new audience how talented and diversified he can be. I also actually enjoyed Foreverly, even though I would have preferred a better partner than Snorah Jones.

And I agree with this! Collaborations with two different artists always fascinate me because of that - like, people on this forum who didn't know who Avicii was now do, and when the song is released, Avicii fans are going to get to hear those vocals we love so much :P I think it's great!

I am absolutely in love with "The Days." Looking forward to other releases from his album, obviously including "No Pleasing A Woman."

• 1 month later...

I was a huge Avicii fan (around 2010-2011) way before he released True. (Which is what most people know him for I guess.) His newer, mainstream stuff is just poppy shit. SO, with that being said, the music Avicii makes with Billie could either be really really shitty or really fucking awesome. To be honest, i'm not getting my hopes up. I have a feeling it will just be another pop song like Avicii's new single, The Days. Hopefully i'm proved wrong.

It'd be interesting. I believe it could work. Aviici was apart of Sky full of Stars by Coldplay, and I really like that song. But that's just me.

• 1 month later...

How is this an exclusive? It's the same live recording we've had for months. I was hoping we'd finally get an update on this.

Are you sure. The quality seems to improve from 1:13 onwards, there is no singing from then to the end of the song but the quality definitely improves

Archived