Billie Joe & Avicii, Thoughts?

kiarakoval

I agree that it's "for her" and it wouldn't really make sense if it was just "forrr".

I dislike the second time when he just kinda reverses the words "i was so lucky that I get her"... just because it makes less sense... syntax.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might be fake. It doesn't sound like Billie. And if It is, Im going to loose most of my respect for him.

That is Billie Joe, no doubt about it.

I hope when this get's released the verse isn't quite as fast as it is the fucked up leaked version, I don't know whether it's just because the quality is piss poor but you can hardly make out what BJA's singing at all, excited for this though. Avicii's one of the only 'radio friendly' artists I don't mind listening too/respect.

You've got to love the difference this album's gonna have BJA one of the world's most exciting crazy stage performers and then Chris Martin who put's people to sleep.

i don't like it

Technically, house music isn't pop. Elements of it are creeping into pop music, but it's definitely separate. So, there's that. Also you say you don't care if he works with other genres or people, then turn right around and contradict yourself in the next sentence. Auto-tune and vocal filters are a huge part of the house music genre, it'd be weird if they were left out of this song tbh.

So glad someone said this. The idea that all electronic music is pop is absolutely ridiculous.

I wish people would stop disregarding an entire genre of music based on a few songs they heard on the radio.

I hope when this get's released the verse isn't quite as fast as it is the fucked up leaked version, I don't know whether it's just because the quality is piss poor but you can hardly make out what BJA's singing at all, excited for this though. Avicii's one of the only 'radio friendly' artists I don't mind listening too/respect.

You've got to love the difference this album's gonna have BJA one of the world's most exciting crazy stage performers and then Chris Martin who put's people to sleep.

I find the words in this song 100 times more dechiperable than basically any Green Day song besides Good Riddance and WMUWSE.

Does anyone else hear cheering like from an audience toward the end (after the singing)? Where did this recording come from? It almost sounds like Avicii was playing it live and someone just recorded it on their phone.

I don't see any connection here dude. Nothing interesting here.

Just because Billie Joe is featured in this song, I don't have to like it. I actually like one song by Avicii, "Wake Me Up." The vocals by BJ here are weak I would rather pick another artist for this song. If you think that Green Day is pure pop, then you are out of your freaking mind.

What even is 'pure pop?' :confused:

That could be classified as dance pop music

Just like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0U0AlLVqpk

could be classified as pop rock music.

Why is one type of pop music more 'pure' than the other? :P

Does anyone else hear cheering like from an audience toward the end (after the singing)? Where did this recording come from? It almost sounds like Avicii was playing it live and someone just recorded it on their phone.

yeah I noticed that too..seems like people screaming (?) .

wonder if the final version will have those noises too or it is just this recording

I like the clip. Very much the standard formula but it's perfect on a night out. That's what this music is for. Can't take it too seriously.

I was (am) curious about this also. Wonder where (if) he previewed it somewhere?

I find the words in this song 100 times more dechiperable than basically any Green Day song besides Good Riddance and WMUWSE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8KEH1dDxyA

Kind of reminded me of the Green Day crowd at the show when then played songs no one had heard from the Trilogy. What do you do when you're at a concert and don't know the song(s)? Just stand around. :)

Everyone gets too hung-up on Billie Joe being "punk" - almost like it's a restricting quality of him. He's a musician. Musicians create music.

It´s punk to follow what attracts you - not giving a damn what people might think about it.

Kind of reminded me of the Green Day crowd at the show when then played songs no one had heard from the Trilogy. What do you do when you're at a concert and don't know the song(s)? Just stand around. :)

It's a dance concert. You don't go there because you particularly like the artist or know the songs well. You go to dance :P

It's a dance concert. You don't go there because you particularly like the artist or know the songs well. You go to dance :P

True but don't you dance more and harder when you know and like the song being played? I know I do.

True but don't you dance more and harder when you know and like the song being played? I know I do.

All dance (the genre) songs are pretty much the same. Steady drum beat, catchy synth hook, singalong chorus. After about 30 seconds you know the whole song.

All dance (the genre) songs are pretty much the same. Steady drum beat, catchy synth hook, singalong chorus. After about 30 seconds you know the whole song.

Again, true, but when you hear a song you know well, like Wake Me Up, you (or I) would dance even more and be even more excited. Not so much on a song I've never heard even if the song sounds similar.

I thought it to be a special effect of the song, like artificial laughter in comedy shows. Just to give it a live-atmosphere without being live. Everything in this song sounds artificial to me. It´s a catchy tune though. A song I hear and then forget again.

Is Avicii playing any of the other new album songs live? If not, that's a promising sign for his confidence and desire to release Billie's song. Then again, that's a pretty discouraging crowd, so I hope he's not deterred. I agree with the idea that it's hard to rock out and dance to a song you don't know, but if this is supposed to be dance music then it should be easier (some people were giving it an effort).

Then again, I don't consider Wake Me Up "dance music", it's just a good pop song that people like the lyrics to.

Archived