Green Day Rock Band

themole

Guest Shangri-La
i just thought of an amusing contradiction: green day refuses to censor, but, to the extent of my knowledge (and memory) rock band censors out the naughty words. and AND where does rock band ship to? wal-marts all over the fucking place.

lol.

they didn't want their album censored. i doubt they give a shit what some video game wants to do with their stuff.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah i know my guitar hero guitar wont work with the game....i was just wondering if i had to buy the guitars and drums for the rockband game, or if i could just play with a single rockband guitar

Sorry, but OMG do you have the orignal of your signature? Those are my roses. :D

Guitar Hero instruments work on Rock Band, but it doesnt work the other way around.

I know this b/c I got screwed by buying RB instruments, thank god Green Day is RB and not Guitar Hero.

Although fun fact, the Microphones are universal, work with just about any game.

they didn't want their album censored. i doubt they give a shit what some video game wants to do with their stuff.

well imo censoring music is the same on whichever media it's featured.

but i'm going to back out of this thread before i start calling "cash cow."

i just thought of an amusing contradiction: green day refuses to censor, but, to the extent of my knowledge (and memory) rock band censors out the naughty words. and AND where does rock band ship to? wal-marts all over the fucking place.

lol.

I didn't even think about that...

lol.

It doesn't matter! I scream the fucking swear words into the mic anyway!

That looks amazing! I would love to play as Billie, Mike, or Tre! Too bad I suck at those kind of games...

Nice, guess I can stop slaving over the FoF mod. XD I'm so glad to see this. Graphics are a bit lacking but I'm pretty sure this is just in alpha phase. I'm guessing the actual game is still very rough. As far a songs I'm expecting 5 from each album, with DLC of the rest of the albums released month after month, similar to B:RB

how awesome would it be if the guitar that came with rock band green day looked like blue with all the stickers

I saw this comment on the rock band forums

"You know, reading this thread is simply depressing. And here's my story, which includes my standpoint.

I was always a huge Green Day fan. Back in 6th grade, they were literally the only band I listened to. Later on, I started to like others, yet Green Day always remained my favorite. I always liked some Beatles songs, but never was a huge fan. Then, June came and the trailer came out. I was blown away, fell in love, preordered it right away. Even though I only knew a few of the songs in the trailer, they captivated me. That summer, I got into them more, and the game made me even more a fan also. Now, I would consider them my favorite band.

So, I should be grateful that my two favorite bands have games. However, I simply do not understand why HMX picked Green Day. Sure, they are a great band, but are they really as appealing to all people as The Beatles? Do they vary nearly as much as them? My main gripe is why they would choose Green Day after The Beatles.

Reading comments from others, I can see the pain in a lot of the poster's eyes. I may personally love Green Day, but I understand why people would not like them. Let's say they released RHCP Rock Band, a band that's still popular today but was also in the 90s, similar situation as Green Day. I like them somewhat, but would be very disappointed in HMX if they took their time and money to make a band-centric game on them.

So many other thoughts and words to get out... I'll express them as I think of them. I'll gladly answer questions, as I have a more unique standpoint on the issue."

If it is a full game it really wont sell well. Sure most Green Day fans will but this game will only cater to Green Day fans which is not alot if you put them up against some other bands.

I hope they come out with it though. I would just buy the guitar though. :)

how awesome would it be if the guitar that came with rock band green day looked like blue with all the stickers

ah, that'd be super awesome!

if they dont make one im going to buy the controller for the first one take it apart paint it blue and stick the stickers on so than ill have one

sorta off topic: pearl jam are getting there own rock band game to but no one cares about them

There's a thought.

Do you think they'll try to include a Gilman Street venue? I'm back and forth with this only because yeah, it's where Green Day started, but who knows if it'll cause an uproar at Gilman.

I want a Blue guitar controller please :)

Blue controller, ftw.

Omg. I really can't wait for this.

I'll be rocking out probably atleast 10 hours a day....

There's a thought.

Do you think they'll try to include a Gilman Street venue? I'm back and forth with this only because yeah, it's where Green Day started, but who knows if it'll cause an uproar at Gilman.

I'm going to bet it'll just be a generic Gilman-like venue.

There's a thought.

they might do that cause on beatles rock band it had the small clubs they started off in

if they dont make one im going to buy the controller for the first one take it apart paint it blue and stick the stickers on so than ill have one

That's exactly what ima do too.

I saw this comment on the rock band forums

"You know, reading this thread is simply depressing. And here's my story, which includes my standpoint.

I was always a huge Green Day fan. Back in 6th grade, they were literally the only band I listened to. Later on, I started to like others, yet Green Day always remained my favorite. I always liked some Beatles songs, but never was a huge fan. Then, June came and the trailer came out. I was blown away, fell in love, preordered it right away. Even though I only knew a few of the songs in the trailer, they captivated me. That summer, I got into them more, and the game made me even more a fan also. Now, I would consider them my favorite band.

So, I should be grateful that my two favorite bands have games. However, I simply do not understand why HMX picked Green Day. Sure, they are a great band, but are they really as appealing to all people as The Beatles? Do they vary nearly as much as them? My main gripe is why they would choose Green Day after The Beatles.

Reading comments from others, I can see the pain in a lot of the poster's eyes. I may personally love Green Day, but I understand why people would not like them. Let's say they released RHCP Rock Band, a band that's still popular today but was also in the 90s, similar situation as Green Day. I like them somewhat, but would be very disappointed in HMX if they took their time and money to make a band-centric game on them.

So many other thoughts and words to get out... I'll express them as I think of them. I'll gladly answer questions, as I have a more unique standpoint on the issue."

[b]

If it is a full game it really wont sell well. Sure most Green Day fans will but this game will only cater to Green Day fans which is not alot if you put them up against some other bands.

I hope they come out with it though. I would just buy the guitar though. :)

I disagree.

I'm going to bet it'll just be a generic Gilman-like venue.

well they did say on the awards rock band with OUR FAVORITE VENUES.

I disagree.

That's about all that needs to be said on the matter.

Not everyone likes The Beatles. Guess fucking what? It sold like crazy.

And I really don't give a rip if the game sells that well. I'll have it and that's all that matters to me. Why would anyone give a fuck how a game does?

they might do that cause on beatles rock band it had the small clubs they started off in

true but the small clubs the beatles started in weren't vehemently diy punk and anti-capatalist.

Archived