Follow You Around - From 'These Paper Bullets' written by Billie Joe Armstrong

StuckWithDom

Didn't he say he want to write a musical?? Cant remember exactly when but it was last year...

Yes he did. He said that he would be very interested in write specifically for a musical.
I think he said in this interview.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't he say he want to write a musical?? Cant remember exactly when but it was last year...

I would kill to see Billie write a musical. I always thought he was a great story teller.

He didn't just rewrite the Beatles though, it has his own personal touch in there.

yeah thats the "he" part

"Armstrong started sending some songs he had archived in his home studio, "songs that weren't appropriate for Green Day," says Jones "but songs that sounded like they were literally from [The Beatles' album] 'Rubber Soul' —- and they were great.'"

OK...I NEED to get my hands on Billie's archived music :ninja:

What's wrong with Green Day songs sounding predictable? That's what keeps people buying their albums. They expect new songs to sound like Green Day. If Green Day released a whole album full of Nightlife songs, people would hate that.

Take Biffy Clyro for an example. Everybody got what they wanted but still they surprised the audience. The latest album was refreshing but still good old Biffy.

Take Biffy Clyro for an example. Everybody got what they wanted but still they surprised the audience. The latest album was refreshing but still good old Biffy.

Terrible example based on your singular opinion. I spent a whole 3-4 hours listening to Biffy Clyro music after readin Ceadog talk about them nonstop...and I haven't listened to them again since...nor have I had the desire to. The music did nothing for me.

The fact that Billie has so much music written that will probably never see the light of day is a testament to to his song writing abilities. I personally can hear major differences between every single song in the Trilogy, for example, while Trilogy bashers talk about how it all sounds the same.

I really wish you would just stop trying to derail the fucking thread with your baseless opinions that you struggle to defend.

Back on topic, my friend is going to see this a week from today. He said that based on the team they put together and the size of their production meetings that he believes there are already plans in place to move this to Broadway pretty swiftly after the end of the run.

Back on topic, my friend is going to see this a week from today. He said that based on the team they put together and the size of their production meetings that he believes there are already plans in place to move this to Broadway pretty swiftly after the end of the run.

I wouldn't put it past them. Shows from Yale Rep do make it Broadway and beyond a lot. I can totally see them doing that with this production.

I'm seeing a preview on Friday. I'm a pretty tough theater critic, haha, so... beware all.

I'd take it as an example if their music wasn't shit

I'm a pretty tough theater critic, haha, so... beware all.

He is too. He said that he is gong to try his hardest to not let his love of Billie's writing to cloud his judgment of the show. I sent him the video of the first song the other day, and he said that he thought the song was fuckin awesome. However, he did not really like some of the voices in the quartet and said that he bets at least one of them would get re-cast prior to a Broadway opening. He is a Juliard grad, so I put quite a bit of stock into his opinions.

"Billie said it sounded like the title of a punk rock album," says Jones.

​Everything that has "Bullet" in the middle Billie thinks that is a good title for a punk rock album :lol:

Pardon?

He had to rewrite the beatles.

The "He" in that sentence implies his personal touch. It is Billie that is rewriting the Beatles, therefore it has to contain his personal touch.

Terrible example based on your singular opinion. I spent a whole 3-4 hours listening to Biffy Clyro music after readin Ceadog talk about them nonstop...and I haven't listened to them again since...nor have I had the desire to. The music did nothing for me.

The fact that Billie has so much music written that will probably never see the light of day is a testament to to his song writing abilities. I personally can hear major differences between every single song in the Trilogy, for example, while Trilogy bashers talk about how it all sounds the same.

I really wish you would just stop trying to derail the fucking thread with your baseless opinions that you struggle to defend.

Whether you like Biffy or not, they reinvented themselves. Of course you can hear major differences because the songs are different but ITS NOT ORIGINAL. Nothing they;ve done lately is original. If I were a little fanboy I would protect everything green day did as well but as a fan that also dares to acknowledge their worse periods, I must say Green Day is definitely not in one of their peaking periods.

I'd take it as an example if their music wasn't shit

Opinions my friend. Take Muse for another example, or the Arctic Monkeys.

Whether you like Biffy or not, they reinvented themselves. Of course you can hear major differences because the songs are different but ITS NOT ORIGINAL. Nothing they;ve done lately is original. If I were a little fanboy I would protect everything green day did as well but as a fan that also dares to acknowledge their worse periods, I must say Green Day is definitely not in one of their peaking periods.

Opinions my friend. Take Muse for another example, or the Arctic Monkeys.

Oh god. Let's agree to disagree, because I don't want to use any of those as examples, let alone listen to them :P

If I were a little fanboy I would protect everything green day did as well but as a fan that also dares to acknowledge their worse periods, I must say Green Day is definitely not in one of their peaking periods.

I disagree. My Green Day fav albums in order would be as follows:

Trilogy

AI/21st CB

Insomniac

Warning

Dookie

Kerplunk

Nimrod

1039 Smooth

I think that the period between AI and the Trilogy has been their absolute best in terms of creativity, lyrics, etc. That is a personal opinion, obviously. But a vast majority of the Trilogy absolutely blew me away with what was accomplished. I think that over half the songs are incredibly new and innovative for Billie in terms of sound, etc.

It would be pretty cool if it was a warm up to a new musical. Not a Green Day thing a real musical.

Well, we will see if this thing does end up on Broadway, but I agree 100%. He would love to work with Michael Mayer again and he has several times expressed the desire to write an original music ("If someone gives me a story"). Maybe this is practice, like how his acting gigs are practice for, IDK, St. Jimmy or something.

Well, we will see if this thing does end up on Broadway, but I agree 100%. He would love to work with Michael Mayer again and he has several times expressed the desire to write an original music ("If someone gives me a story"). Maybe this is practice, like how his acting gigs are practice for, IDK, St. Jimmy or something.

I really hope this will all lead up to an original musical he stars in.

I disagree. My Green Day fav albums in order would be as follows:

Trilogy

AI/21st CB

Insomniac

Warning

Dookie

Kerplunk

Nimrod

1039 Smooth

I think that the period between AI and the Trilogy has been their absolute best in terms of creativity, lyrics, etc. That is a personal opinion, obviously. But a vast majority of the Trilogy absolutely blew me away with what was accomplished. I think that over half the songs are incredibly new and innovative for Billie in terms of sound, etc.

Okay, you are entitled to your own opinion. Just don't bash mine if you want me to respect yours.

Oh god. Let's agree to disagree, because I don't want to use any of those as examples, let alone listen to them :P

You don't have to. Acknowledging the fact that a band reinvents themselves doesn't mean the same as stating you like them or their music.

Okay, you are entitled to your own opinion. Just don't bash mine if you want me to respect yours.

I have absolutely no problem with anybody giving their opinion, I just get pissed and annoyed when people refuse to support their opinions with facts and/or logic.

I have absolutely no problem with anybody giving their opinion, I just get pissed and annoyed when people refuse to support their opinions with facts and/or logic.

How can I back something subjective up with facts?

Hmmm...well all the people arguing against you have been able to do so. Haha.

If you don't have anything to back it up with your argument is pretty weak.

Hmmm...well all the people arguing against you have been able to do so. Haha.

No they haven't. Please back up your statements with facts. You can't cause I it's your opinion.

If you don't have anything to back it up with your argument is pretty weak.

An opinion is not the same as an argument, is it now?

Archived