Follow You Around - From 'These Paper Bullets' written by Billie Joe Armstrong

StuckWithDom

Billie needs to start reinventing himself. All his songs are beginning to sound like each other.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't really like the song that much. I'd like it better if Billie was singing and not some dumb Broadway hunks.

I'd really love to hear Billie sing all these. Just from what I've heard, it would sound amazing!

i'd love to hear BJ singing that song !

How fucking gorgeous would that be? :wub:

Oh my god :wub:. Love The Beatles/that era's sound and love this song. I don't mind it being a bit creepy :lol:, lots of Beatles songs actually have similarly creepy lyrics when you look at them so it's authentic there. I can't wait to hear the rest.

Has to be said that it'd be amazing to hear Billie sing them (although there's nothing wrong with these singers at all). But failing that, please let this style rub off on future Green Day songs!

Yup, I can't listen to "Come Together" anymore...

"Come together, right now, over me" nope

When you really analyze music. It's fucking dirty as hell.

How fucking gorgeous would that be? :wub:

It would be sooo amazing

I love how productive he is.

Makes me excited for the other seven songs and, of course, for the next album.

IM PUMPED

It would be sooo amazing

I love how productive he is.

Makes me excited for the other seven songs and, of course, for the next album.

IM PUMPED

Seriously, he is so fucking creative. . Has a lot of projects going on..

And yeah,his songs like all the same lol but they are all simple and beautiful and the melody is just awesome...

Btw this songs reminds me of Worry rock too..the part: "another wasted night...."

Billie needs to start reinventing himself. All his songs are beginning to sound like each other.

What other song that Billie has written does this sound like?

He's written hundreds maybe thousands of songs, obviously some hooks/chords will be shared. And there are a select few songs where you'd have a point (Shoplifter-DRB) but this song is quite different from anything he's written before.

What other song that Billie has written does this sound like?

He's written hundreds maybe thousands of songs, obviously some hooks/chords will be shared. And there are a select few songs where you'd have a point (Shoplifter-DRB) but this song is quite different from anything he's written before.

I thought it would be pretty obvious that this doesn't necessarily sound like ONE specific song but the point is, the music of Green Day doesn't surprise me anymore. The grit is gone, the songs tend to be predictable (Stray Heart etc.) and if it wasn't for the fact that I know pretty much every Green Day song by heart, this song would NOT stand out against ANY of Green Days (newer) songs. Lots of band succeed to reinvent their sound and surprise their fans, Green Day used to but has failed miserably with the last three albums and this song for example.

I wonder whether Billie took some advice from Paul when they met at the Grammies?

I thought it would be pretty obvious that this doesn't necessarily sound like ONE specific song but the point is, the music of Green Day doesn't surprise me anymore. The grit is gone, the songs tend to be predictable (Stray Heart etc.) and if it wasn't for the fact that I know pretty much every Green Day song by heart, this song would NOT stand out against ANY of Green Days (newer) songs. Lots of band succeed to reinvent their sound and surprise their fans, Green Day used to but has failed miserably with the last three albums and this song for example.

1) This isn't a Green Day song

2) They haven't created a single song that is even in this genre really.

3) Your post implied that THIS song is predicable and I highly doubt anyone could've predicted this 60's pop style.

Idk what you mean by "stand out" but if you mean by pure sound then you are just off. It would stand out because there is nothing similar to it in Billie's catalog

BTW I'm not arguing how good this song is at all. That's a matter of opinion but this song is quite unique for Billie in terms of style.

1) This isn't a Green Day song

2) They haven't created a single song that is even in this genre really.

3) Your post implied that THIS song is predicable and I highly doubt anyone could've predicted this 60's pop style.

Idk what you mean by "stand out" but if you mean by pure sound then you are just off. It would stand out because there is nothing similar to it in Billie's catalog

BTW I'm not arguing how good this song is at all. That's a matter of opinion but this song is quite unique for Billie in terms of style.

The fact that this song is unique for Billie in terms of style proves my point. This songs is VERY predictable if you've ever listened to any sixties band. Stray Heart is just as uninspired. Pretty much the whole Foxboro Hot Tubs record was aimed at this style. The melodies and all are just not original.

I though the songs were supposed to sound like Beatles songs, so of course the melodies will not be totally original, unique, or unexpected.

The chord progression is very Green Day haha

peacemaker and nightlife?

The fact that this song is unique for Billie in terms of style proves my point. This songs is VERY predictable if you've ever listened to any sixties band. Stray Heart is just as uninspired. Pretty much the whole Foxboro Hot Tubs record was aimed at this style. The melodies and all are just not original.

Key point there is that it would be predictable for A 60'S BAND. In what world does that characterize Billie/Green Day. It is unexpected FOR HIM.

"Billie needs to start reinventing himself. All his songs are beginning to sound like each other." This is implying to me that you think this song sounds similar to other stuff he's written.

If Billie goes and writes a symphony are we gonna say it was predictable because it would be considered simple or predictable by symphony standards? No

Some people just don't know how to enjoy a song instead they just complain about everything. :dry:
It's not original enough? Stop reclaim given stupid reasons. Most of the bands are just reproducing the same thing over and over, Green Day it's one of the few that's trying all the possibilities.

I hope that when this song is actually performed in the context of the play, it will be done in a funny, ironic way in which the band members are actually stalking a girl. In other words, I see this being a sarcastic and comedic moment in the play. Hopefully the other songs will have more gravitas to them, but keep in mind, most Beatles songs ARE 'silly love songs.'

Also, when I originally heard about this project I sort of thought it meant he was writing the original score of a musical. Upon further news, I feel like writing 8 songs doesn't constitute a musical, rather he wrote a few tunes to be included in a play. I'm not even sure if this is a musical really, or just a play with some songs. I guess it will depend in what context the songs are performed, if they are acted out or just sung outright by a 'band'.

Billie Joe writes great stalker-themed songs. Poprocks and Coke comes to mind when I listen to these lyrics.

Lol. Not to mention "I'd rather see you dead little girl than to be with another man"

Key point there is that it would be predictable for A 60'S BAND. In what world does that characterize Billie/Green Day. It is unexpected FOR HIM.

"Billie needs to start reinventing himself. All his songs are beginning to sound like each other." This is implying to me that you think this song sounds similar to other stuff he's written.

If Billie goes and writes a symphony are we gonna say it was predictable because it would be considered simple or predictable by symphony standards? No

The chorus in this could just as easily have been from a Green Day song.

The chord progression is very Green Day haha

peacemaker and nightlife?

2 out of like 200 songs? I can name you 20 songs that DO sound similar.

Archived