Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

What don't you like about it? I think it's actually quite musically interesting for Green Day...

The song would end perfectly without it. Well, even given the situation where they thought having that bridge was vital (like, creating an interesting structure, intriguing the listener, etc. - whatever their reason was).... then, alright, have the bridge, but not the vocal part of those "ohhhhs". They sound terrible in my opinion. Too dramatic and completely unnecessary.

• Like 2

The song would end perfectly without it. Well, even given the situation where they thought having that bridge was vital (like, creating an interesting structure, intriguing the listener, etc. - whatever their reason was).... then, alright, have the bridge, but not the vocal part of those "ohhhhs". They sound terrible in my opinion. Too dramatic and completely unnecessary.

Bridge part isn't really a big thing in "Lazy Bones". Lyrics aren't different, nothing is different, and they quite did that on JOS and we all loved it.

I don't mind the bridge part. It doesn't make the song any worse and is rather interesting. One of the few surprising moments of Dos.

• Like 1

I put Dirty Rotten Bastards on in the car the other day and my dad asked if it was a Christmas song. :lol:

• Like 4

I put Dirty Rotten Bastards on in the car the other day and my dad asked if it was a Christmas song. :lol:

It should have been!

DRB is Christmassy. It's known.

It does kind of capture the sentiments of spending days with relatives.

• Like 4

I think the bridge actually helps the song. I think the dramatic part really helps the song. I always thought that the chorus established it as a more "dramatic" song.

But I do agree, the bridge wasn't needed. Whether or not the song had the bridge it would've been a great song in my book.

Edited by Soviet Idiot

Something peaked my interest on the history channel just now.
Apparently there is a sacred Jewish gathering site called the Wailing Wall, which is a single wall that was left standing after the Romans attempted to destroy worships sites.
"The prayers offered at the Kotel were so heartfelt that gentiles began calling the site the "Wailing Wall"

The term "wailing" is to cry, scream, sob, etc. This is a direct antonym for whisper. So the "Whispering Wall" may take on a new meaning given the historical context.
Or I'm just thinking too much :P

Apparently there is a sacred Jewish gathering site called the Wailing Wall, which is a single wall that was left standing after the Romans attempted to destroy worships sites.

"The prayers offered at the Kotel were so heartfelt that gentiles began calling the site the "Wailing Wall"

The term "wailing" is to cry, scream, sob, etc. This is a direct antonym for whisper. So the "Whispering Wall" may take on a new meaning given the historical context.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whispering_gallery :P

Ahh...remember how good 8th Avenue Serenade was live at the Echoplex? I was so excited for that song.

Ahh...remember how good 8th Avenue Serenade was live at the Echoplex? I was so excited for that song.

??

That's probably my favorite song from the Trilogy, I bet that did sound good!

Billie's voice in AI is outstandingly good compared to all the other albums imo.

I think 21sb was by far his best vocal performance.

• Like 2

I think 21sb was by far his best vocal performance.

I feel far more contented with his voice in AI. It's the voice that makes me love him the most.

• Like 1

Someone need to tell me why 21CB is so good? Cause right now I think that's the worst album they've ever made..

It would be helpful if you first explained why you think that.

• Like 1

I feel far more contented with his voice in AI. It's the voice that makes me love him the most.

He was very good on AI, but on 21 sb he actually enunciates the words. HE seems to make more of an effort at a real vocal performance instead of just entertaining one. But, if you ar going to talk about his best vocal performance, nothing beats Foreverly.

• Like 1

I think Arby's sauce tastes Christmassy :P

I've never eaten it :D bet it must be Christmacious.

It seems that a part of Czech press dislikes Green Day because of the leftism in lyrics. It's sort of understandable - nobody liked communism, but ridiculous at the same time because they're far from extremism and don't support dictatorships. In fact, these are pretty common libaral opinions. I'd like to know, if it's the same in other post-communist countries. In English-speaking world it doesn't seem to be a thing at all.

• Like 1

I agree with a couple of the posts mentioned. I absolutely love Billie's voice in American Idiot. However, I really love his sound on Insomniac. I love hearing the anger in his voice and not being able to understand a lot of the shit he says; it just sounds really cool to me. The whole album is probably my favorite "sound" I love the most. Straight up badass.

Like someone else said, I don't see what is so great about 21CB. That album caused my long hiatus from the band. I thought many tracks were cheesy and I felt the album was a weak attempt at creating another American Idiot. American Idiot was a fucking masterpiece, so I kinda wish they just stopped with one rock opera instead of creating another one right after. I do love Horseshoes & Handgrenades and a couple other tracks though. So I'm not saying it's a bad album, I'm just not into it at all.

I have three problems with 21CB:

1.) Production. Vocals sound like they are glossed over and shot through a tin can. Drums and bass are covered in guitar onslaught.

2.) Lyrics. A bit too tryhard, although most songs are lyrically powerful. I get why people see the lyrics as cheesy at times.

3.) Length. Could have been trimmed for filler.

Overall, it's a good album, but it just doesn't sound like typical Green Day. AI was different, but still had the Green Day vibe. I think you need to forget your assumptions of what GD sounds like to really enjoy 21CB.

• Like 1

I have three problems with 21CB:

1.) Production. Vocals sound like they are glossed over and shot through a tin can. Drums and bass are covered in guitar onslaught.

2.) Lyrics. A bit too tryhard, although most songs are lyrically powerful. I get why people see the lyrics as cheesy at times.

3.) Length. Could have been trimmed for filler.

Overall, it's a good album, but it just doesn't sound like typical Green Day. AI was different, but still had the Green Day vibe. I think you need to forget your assumptions of what GD sounds like to really enjoy 21CB.

Only thing different about AI is had longer songs that's it... It wasn't different

And also imo 21st is better

• Like 1