Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

i've listened to Kerplunk/1039 maybe 4 times each?? i really can't get on with them. i think the recording quality plays a major part, as i can hardly understand what he's saying & it just sounds so rough. if it had the recording quality of post Dookie, i'd probably enjoy them.

also, my favourite Trilogy song is Nightlife :ninja: but thats a comment more for Unpopular Opinions :lol:

What?! So you can listen to the songs say when they're on live albums/YouTube? Did they ever re-master 1039 and Kerplunk I remember years ago there was talk of them doing so.

I don't mind Nightlife, but it wouldn't be in my top 100 Green Day songs :lol:.

AI, Nimrod, Warning, 21CB, Insomniac, Dookie, Kerplunk, Tre, 39/Smooth, Dos, Uno.

Dos above Uno?

What?! So you can listen to the songs say when they're on live albums/YouTube? Did they ever re-master 1039 and Kerplunk I remember years ago there was talk of them doing so.

I don't mind Nightlife, but it wouldn't be in my top 100 Green Day songs :lol:.

i don't listen to live versions, either. i've watched BIAB maybe twice in the past... 9 years? i watched it like 50 times when i first got it but yeah, hardly since the first year i had it. :P

i hope they do remaster them or whatever. re-recording would be diabolical, because their sound has changed so much and Billie's voice just wouldn't suit anymore. but if they had re-recorded after Dookie came out, for that better sound, i'd be so happy.

i don't listen to live versions, either. i've watched BIAB maybe twice in the past... 9 years? i watched it like 50 times when i first got it but yeah, hardly since the first year i had it. :P

i hope they do remaster them or whatever. re-recording would be diabolical, because their sound has changed so much and Billie's voice just wouldn't suit anymore. but if they had re-recorded after Dookie came out, for that better sound, i'd be so happy.

What about Cigarettes and Valentines?

i only have a live version (i think), is there a studio one??

No, AAF is the only thing it's released on.

ah, i've only watched/listened to AAF once. so that'll be why! :P

But...it's a bloody fantastic song!

But...it's a bloody fantastic song!

ok ok maybe one day soon!! i don't listen to music outside of my 'favourites' playlist on my iPod, simply because the only time i have a chance to is when i'm driving. but i'll make sure to, just for you :lol:

ok ok maybe one day soon!! i don't listen to music outside of my 'favourites' playlist on my iPod, simply because the only time i have a chance to is when i'm driving. but i'll make sure to, just for you :lol:

I'm honoured that you value my recommendation that much.

Now all I need to do is fix the Star Wars thing...

I'm honoured that you value my recommendation that much.

Now all I need to do is fix the Star Wars thing...

Ceadagh tried to get me to watch them & LOTR, as did my ex. they both failed. good luck :P

idk if i used the right term (correct me with the right one if i did indeed use the wrong one!), but it just sounds like shit to me. i'm a fuss arse alright?! :P

I just think that's a shitty excuse. Especially since you're probably not even an audiophile, you probably listen to music at a standard 128kbps, so it's nothing really about quality.

Sorry, that came off kinda dickish :P

Ceadagh tried to get me to watch them & LOTR, as did my ex. they both failed. good luck :P

Challenge Accepted. Though you should read LOTR before watching them, the books are inordinately better.

• Like 1

:o You must just listen to Dos on repeat :lol:,

Yeah so do I, I remember at the time of it first being mentioned, all the 'old school fans bitching about them spoiling the original stuff. That's why I think they were going to do it, that and a more mature Billie voice.

I just think that's a shitty excuse. Especially sincr you're probably not even an audiophile, you probably listen to music at a standard 128kbps, so it's nothing really about quality.

no, i am not. but i do appreciate being able to understand the words he is singing! :) the recording quality is massively different between 1039/kerplunk & dookie onwards. even for someone as untrained as me. thats just basic observation.

Challenge Accepted. Though you should read LOTR before watching them, the books are inordinately better.

another unpopular thing: i don't enjoy reading. i can count the books i've read on one hand. soz guys

another unpopular thing: i don't enjoy reading. i can count the books i've read on one hand. soz guys

:shok:

I'm lost for words.

• Like 1

:shok:

I'm lost for words.

i'm a disappointment for all! :lol: nah i'm real bad at reading. in year 6, i was still reading the year 3 library books. they thought i was an idiot, turns out i was dyslexic. so i never really caught on to the whole 'reading for enjoyment' thing as it caused me so much misery in school

no, i am not. but i do appreciate being able to understand the words he is singing! :) the recording quality is massively different between 1039/kerplunk & dookie onwards. even for someone as untrained as me. thats just basic observation.

I am going to send you ALL OF THE LYRICS TO 1039 AND KERPLUNK. And you'll have to READ them all. Then you'll know them and you'll never complain about not understanding the words

I am going to send you ALL OF THE LYRICS TO 1039 AND KERPLUNK. And you'll have to READ them all. Then you'll know them and you'll never complain about not understanding the words

:lol: do you just really want me to like those albums or something? i've been trying to like them for 10+ years dude, it's not gunna happen. while i can see that people enjoy them, i just don't personally get any satisfaction out of listening to those albums. plus knowing the lyrics is different to understanding him. i know most the lyrics to Insomniac, yet at times i still ain't got a clue what Billie is saying :P

Ceri whilst I disagree with you on Dos, I must say appreciate your boldness.

Also, I love Kerplunk but I've never got into 1039 SOSH because most of those songs aren't good (some of them, like Paper Lanterns) are but the majority ain't, and also because I can't really identify with those songs lyrics-wise. Plus the lyrics are quite derivative.

I always forget Prosthetic Head is even on the album :lol:, but then when it does come on I think to myself how could I ever forget this masterpiece.

That's what I used to do. That's why I changed it with Good Riddance :happy:

i can hardly understand what he's saying

That literally applies to every green day album :P

Dos above Uno?

I do that. I like more songs on Uno than Dos, but literally the only thing Dos has going for it is that it's not quite as repetitive as uno.

Same here, apart from Harry Potter. I've never been bad at reading as such, I just find it boring :lol:
  • Like 1

That literally applies to every green day album :P

Same here, apart from Harry Potter. I've never been bad at reading as such, I just find it boring :lol:

pshah no :P Dookie is a bit hit & miss, and Insomniac, obv, is hard at times, but other than that & the othertwo, i can understand 99% of what he says pretty clearly. you're just deaf!!

I've tried Harry Potter, have the first three books by my bed. i just can't be fucked. once i start, i don't stop but i find it SO hard to start.