Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Yep it's Tre lol, Go on youtube and type in Hungry Hungry Models Disease is Punishment Live and you can watch The Snoo in all his glory

Ok this my new favorite song! I had never heard it before but I love it. It reminds me of Devo and all those bands I liked and watched on mtv in the early/mid 80s. Yes I know I'm dating myself. Edited by unextraodinarygirl
  • Like 4

I was just watching AAF the other day after ages and it makes me happy to see the band in all their glory. That was one awesome show.

Ahh shit. My local record store just got in Lookout pressings of 1000 Hours and Slappy (marbled vinyl).
I already have them, but I don't have the marbled Slappy. This is a necessity.

Too bad I just dropped a few hundred on those Sweet Children records.

• Like 1

http://youtu.be/K7mIzSrNTRg?list=LLjZny_fTVahMfdE6IH3mLPA

So last night I was watching videos from Green Day's show in England from 1993. I actually started tearing up at one point. It's crazy to watch them at a time they were so young and had no idea what was in store for them in their future. Now, they are inducted in the fucking Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I just love these guys so fucking much and i'm so proud of them.

• Like 4

GUYS STUCK WITH ME FINALLY REACHED 1 MILLION VIEWS ON YOUTUBE

I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW YOU HAVE NO IDEA

That has a video?

That has a video?

For almost 20 years, yeah.

In fact, only a few of their singles don't have videos. I can only think of "She" and "J.A.R." at the top of my head.

In fact, only a few of their singles don't have videos. I can only think of "She" and "J.A.R." at the top of my head.

Prosthetic Head.

Blood, Sex and Booze

Poprocks & Coke

Maria

Ha Ha You're Dead

I Fought the Law

East Jesus Nowhere (There's only a fan made video)

When It's Time

The Stuck With Me video is great! All who haven't seen it should watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fevGo3H5840

Prosthetic Head.

Was that a single? I thought it was just going to be (like they talked about it in interviews when Nimrod came out) but then wasn't?

Blood, Sex and Booze

I don't think that was a proper single, just promotional or something (I'm sure Todd or someone knows more about these things though)
  • Like 1

I don't think that was a proper single, just promotional or something (I'm sure Todd or someone knows more about these things though)

Since I'm a collector and a huge fan, I know it myself.

J.A.R., Poprocks and Maria came out as promos only.

And yes, they were talking about a video for "Prosthetic Head" back then.

• Like 1

Blood, Sex and Booze

Poprocks & Coke

Maria

Ha Ha You're Dead

I Fought the Law

When It's Time

Are you sure about Poprocks & Coke and EJN? I've seen videos for them on Kerrang before.

Was that a single? I thought it was just going to be (like they talked about it in interviews when Nimrod came out) but then wasn't?

According to Wikipedia it was.

is there anybody else who hates the green day skulls (the ones that had appeared after 21CB era)?

to me they looks like childish, almost like the Monsters High cartoon skulls

• Like 3

Since I'm a collector and a huge fan, I know it myself.

J.A.R., Poprocks and Maria came out as promos only.

And yes, they were talking about a video for "Prosthetic Head" back then.

I see, I was mostly going off the fact that they don't have their own Wikipedia pages but I guess that's not a particularly reliable way of knowing.

Are you sure about Poprocks & Coke and EJN? I've seen videos for them on Kerrang before.

Yeah there's a Poprocks and Coke video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vG-kOoapPo

And EJN wasn't fan made, it's just a crappy compilation of live clips thing rather than a proper video but it was released by the band.

I see, I was mostly going off the fact that they don't have their own Wikipedia pages but I guess that's not a particularly reliable way of knowing.

Yeah there's a Poprocks and Coke video

And EJN wasn't fan made, it's just a crappy compilation of live clips thing rather than a proper video but it was put out by the band.

Ah, right. There WERE videos for "Maria" and "Poprocks" (dammit, haha).

I rarely watch music videos - that's why I didn't remember them.

The EJN video I mean was a whole video/short film using the song. It was a "old west" thingy...I didn't like it anyway, but it got a lot of attention in 2010 or so.

Edited by Hermione
Please don't quote videos

The EJN video I mean was a whole video/short film using the song. It was a "old west" thingy...I didn't like it anyway, but it got a lot of attention in 2010 or so.

Oh yeah I remember that now! I think at the time I was just happy that someone had bothered to make a proper video for it :P. But yeah there is the "official" live clips one too.

They're so lazy with music videos sometimes. I can understand "Stay the Night", "Troublemaker", and "Nuclear Family" as they were only promotional singles, but they were just so lazy with X-Kid, EJN, Know Your Enemy, and Oh Love.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jtXF_EgWCk

And this was unfinished, but it's real.

Blood, Sex and Booze

Poprocks & Coke

Maria

Ha Ha You're Dead

I Fought the Law

When It's Time

Weren't most of those just promos?

Didn't John Roecker say that he was ticked about the Whatsername video because he made a much better one and they chose Bayer's version instead? :rolleyes:

I was watching the Saturday Night Live special tonight and saw the skit they did of Alanis Morrisette and Billie Joe doing a duet. They corrected his name and it was spelled right this time. Weird!

My favorite EJN performance was the one at the VMAs. I loved seeing Billie run into the audience and then invite people on stage.

WHAT SHOW IS YOUR GIF FROM?

Your favourite green day music video?

Mine is probably 'holiday'. I love Tre as a girl and Billie as a nerd ;)

My favorite video is probably Walking Contradiction. I just love the vibe of it - badass, no fucks given. For some reason, I really love the video for Macy's Day Parade as well.

Oh, and how could I forget Nice Guys Finish Last? Classic video too!

Edited by haushinkax3