Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Hi, this thread is for Random thoughts concerning Green Day. For other random thoughts, please use this thread. :)

Also, if you can't find a thread for an artist you like, feel free to make one!

Certified NimMod. Good work. :happy:
  • Like 3

Does nobody care about The Influents anymore? I can't even find a thread for them.

Life and Life Only is one of my favorite songs. I hadn't heard it in about 5 years and this summer I found it on youtube again and truthfully, spent a good 10 minutes sobbing.

Hi, this thread is for Random thoughts concerning Green Day. For other random thoughts, please use this thread. :)

Also, if you can't find a thread for an artist you like, feel free to make one!

In addition to this good advice, there is already an Influents thread in Other Artists so you can go ahead and post about them there:

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/72320-the-influents/?hl=%2Binfluents

(I can see why you might have posted about them here though, it being a Green Day related band with Jason and Bill S in it)

Certified NimMod. Good work. :happy:

I misread that and imagined a kaiju type of a thing who is a combo of Certified Nimrod and NimJim...make that a CertifiedJimrod.

• Like 4

So, I just found something - a collage-comic I made in May 1998. It's about Billie and me fighting monsters in Egypt, where we arrived at Boris Yeltsin's call for Albanian intellectuals.

It makes sense.

Pics or it didn't happen. :P

I'm really loving Kerplunk right now.

• Like 1

Has 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours EVER been released on vinyl? I mean, 39/Smooth has. And that doesn't have a CD release. (As far as I know.) Yet 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours has a CD release yet no vinyl release. (Again, as far as I know.)

Sorry if that doesn't belong here, but I thought that was worth pointing out.

Has 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours EVER been released on vinyl? I mean, 39/Smooth has. And that doesn't have a CD release. (As far as I know.) Yet 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours has a CD release yet no vinyl release. (Again, as far as I know.)

Come to think of it, I don't think 1,000 Hours or Slappy also had a CD release either.

Sure it does, it's PRE-PHOTOSHOP FROM THE YEAR OF YOUR BIRTH. :D

I'll translate all of it and add it to the spoiler. It's beyond bizarre.

• Like 2

No. 39/Smooth was released on vinyl and cassette, and 1039 was released on CD and cassette. 1000 Hours was released on vinyl, and Slappy was released on vinyl, and The Big One (featuring I Want to Be Alone) was released on vinyl and CD.
  • Like 2

This is the best GD remix, and I never listen to latin music or anything like this. It's just so damn relaxing.

Well that's way better than I expected. Would be interesting to see it done with the Clash version. It's funny—Billie lisps really badly when the electric guitar and Tre's drums are removed. :lol:

• Like 1

No. 39/Smooth was released on vinyl and cassette, and 1039 was released on CD and cassette. 1000 Hours was released on vinyl, and Slappy was released on vinyl, and The Big One (featuring I Want to Be Alone) was released on vinyl and CD.

I always loved how "I Want To Be Alone" was the only Green Day song on The Big One.

Somebody needs to make this into a movie right quick.

Only if Billie plays himself and is capable of making a face that kills monsters after all these years. :D

Oxymore, since you like this so much, you can be the teenage me!

Casting solved, mostly.

why? Bands usually only put 1 or 2 songs on a comp.

I think he meant because the song is "alone" on the compilation.

• Like 2

I "think" I'm going to turn off all the lights, put a blindfold on and listen to Stop Drop & Roll.

Yes it's green day it it counts

haven't listened to them properly in a few years, but I just now realized that Broadway is in reference to the street in Oakland, not New York.
Oops.

• Like 2