Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

That makes sense really. I'm all for being a completist but I don't understand the appeal of "here, have an album of songs that weren't good enough to go on an album." But then I guess they did that with Dos, so... shrug.gif

• Like 2

I can see that.

He was on Tonight Show tonight and I had the TV muted I looked up was like "wow a older Tre Cool has came back to the past to do Fallon"

He was on Tonight Show tonight and I had the TV muted I looked up was like "wow a older Tre Cool has came back to the past to do Fallon"

We get that show here - I watch it sometimes - I just don't find it very funny.

We get that show here - I watch it sometimes - I just don't find it very funny.

I don't really watch it I was watching the news had it muted when I was typing something up and looked up at the tv when I was done with my computer

I still can't understand Nightlife.

After two years, yes.

That's fine, it's best not to try and just pretend it doesn't exist.

• Like 3

I have no idea why but Jeff Daniels reminds me of Tre

OMG yes! I was trying to think of the actors name but couldn't remember it. They do look alike.

Shenanigans is a vastly underrated album in general.

I agree in a lot of ways, for instance I absolutely love "Desensitized" and I don't no why. BUT, I don't think that Shenanigans as a whole has the best potential to be a studio album. I do really like it though

So, I was watching Cuatro. (It's awesome.)

In one scene Billie Joe says something about how he had to write lyrics for 18 songs for Nimrod.

Technically, this is false. "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" was written years before Dookie came out, "Haushinka" was a demo for Dookie (along with "J.A.R."), and of course, "Last Ride In" was an instrumental song.

Any other ones I missed?

In one scene Billie Joe says something about how he had to write lyrics for 18 songs for Nimrod.

Technically, this is false. "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" was written years before Dookie came out, "Haushinka" was a demo for Dookie (along with "J.A.R."), and of course, "Last Ride In" was an instrumental song.

Any other ones I missed?

I believe at least some of Scattered was already really old by then, but I might be wrong.

Any other ones I missed?

"99 Revolutions is the best song I've ever written." - Billie Joe Armstrong

He tends to lie and exaggerate.

Any other ones I missed?

He doesn't even remember the year Nimrod came out. We can count together the Nimrod's b-sides, so this way we have the 18 tracks he mentioned.

Also, he just said that he has to finish the lyrics on studio, and not written down on studio

A long ass time ago (I think on here) someone said
"this bitter pill is Jason White"
and literally for the last 4 years since, I can't hear anything else.

Confession: I grew up as a lonely kid, so for years I used to fall asleep to BIAB and American Idiot on repeat with this little walkman DVD player.
Hearing the crowd cheer and sing together made the world feel a lot smaller.

I'm 21 now and when I'm feeling too sick to fall asleep, I still have to put AI on.
That being said, it's hard for me to listen to the album now without becoming sleepy...oops.

Edited by Maid Meringue

I believe at least some of Scattered was already really old by then, but I might be wrong.

I forget where I read it, but I'm pretty sure the chorus and first verse were written around the time Kerplunk was being written.

May just be a fad, but I'm seriously considering putting Stop Drop and Roll in the #2 slot on my list of best Green Day albums.

So, I just found something - a collage-comic I made in May 1998. It's about Billie and me fighting monsters in Egypt, where we arrived at Boris Yeltsin's call for Albanian intellectuals.

It makes sense.

• Like 3

May just be a fad, but I'm seriously considering putting Stop Drop and Roll in the #2 slot on my list of best Green Day albums.

It's my #1

Does nobody care about The Influents anymore? I can't even find a thread for them.

Life and Life Only is one of my favorite songs. I hadn't heard it in about 5 years and this summer I found it on youtube again and truthfully, spent a good 10 minutes sobbing.

• Like 2

Does nobody care about The Influents anymore? I can't even find a thread for them.

Life and Life Only is one of my favorite songs. I hadn't heard it in about 5 years and this summer I found it on youtube again and truthfully, spent a good 10 minutes sobbing.

Hi, this thread is for Random thoughts concerning Green Day. For other random thoughts, please use this thread. :)

Also, if you can't find a thread for an artist you like, feel free to make one!

• Like 2

I was trying to think what the network's music reminded me of and I realised it's kinda like the music from the SNES game Earthbound :P

Ever since I first saw the "King for a Day" live peformance(yknow...THE ONE). Every time I hear that song it makes me think of guys in their underwear dancing.

Sexual tension???