Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I think it does fit the theme and tone (as it's slagging off Bush and its sound is similar), but American Idiot just wouldn't really have a place for another song as it works so well as it is. So I'd say it's just right being linked to AI as a b-side but not actually on the album. Would be nice if it was on Green Day Rock Band or more well known some other way so that more people could enjoy it though.

Speaking of which I wish the Rock Band/Guitar Hero style of games hadn't died because they're my favourite and it would've been so cool to have more Green Day songs to play.

I feel the same about the Rock Band/Guitar Hero thing because me and my dad still play Green Day Rock Band almost every night and we never get sick of it. It's our favorite father-daughter thing to do.

Yeah, it was a clever move by Billie to rhyme light with light.

Yeah, I guess it wasn't the best line to pick for an example but you know what I mean...well played by the way?

Just watching the Jaded in Chicago concert on YouTube for probably the 50th time.

Really thinking how much I would have loved to have been my current age (21) in 1994. I'd love to get in a time machine, and jump right in to that moshing crowd and get spat on by a BJ high on meth. I can imagine Dookie being my life for months if I was around then.

There are punk rock bands I have seen locally, but it's not the same. Green Day are just perfection. It's depressing that now I'm old enough to go to gigs and stuff, we're at the tail end of their career and unless they announce new UK tours, I may never see them live.

I know what I said was confusing, did this help?

I don't think so. ABAB is a pretty standard rhyme scheme.

I don't think so. ABAB is a pretty standard rhyme scheme.

So that's what it's called, thanks!

• Like 2

I don't see AI's theme as slagging off Bush. I feel like that is more of a minor accessory to the plot. Favorite Son just doesn't have the dark urgency of the rest of the album.

Oh yeah I meant that Favourite Son's theme is slagging off Bush. That isn't the main theme of AI but it is a part of it, and being dissatisfied with and questioning government and society in general is a major theme, so lyrically I'd say it fits with the album. I see what you mean there though, if it was on there it would be the most cheerful sounding song. Probably another reason why it's better as more of a cheerleader to the album as a b-side instead.

Just watching the Jaded in Chicago concert on YouTube for probably the 50th time.

Really thinking how much I would have loved to have been my current age (21) in 1994. I'd love to get in a time machine, and jump right in to that moshing crowd and get spat on by a BJ high on meth. I can imagine Dookie being my life for months if I was around then.

There are punk rock bands I have seen locally, but it's not the same. Green Day are just perfection. It's depressing that now I'm old enough to go to gigs and stuff, we're at the tail end of their career and unless they announce new UK tours, I may never see them live.

It's only last year that they played Reading and Leeds as well as an awesome smaller show at Brixton Academy, and they're not finished yet. They'll announce new UK tours when they make a new album. And you never know one day we might be really lucky and they'll play another Foxboro show here and BJ can spit on you!

• Like 1

Really thinking how much I would have loved to have been my current age (21) in 1994. I'd love to get in a time machine, and jump right in to that moshing crowd and get spat on by a BJ high on meth.

I would love for Billie to do alot of things, but I have to admit, spitting on me is not one of them.

I would love for Billie to do alot of things, but I have to admit, spitting on me is not one of them.

If it's beer (or an alternative drink) that you're already drenched in being spat it's not so bad. I heard a group of GDCers were "showered" with saliva when they saw him in the American Idiot musical from the front row though, can't say I particularly envy that.

If it's beer (or an alternative drink) that you're already drenched in being spat it's not so bad. I heard a group of GDCers were "showered" with saliva when they saw him in the American Idiot musical from the front row though, can't say I particularly envy that.

Well hopefully, he will not do that anymore.

GOD DAMMIT I'M STUCK WITH YOU?!

See what I did there?

Yes, I see it. There are worse fates, I suppose. :P

Shenanigans is a vastly underrated album in general.

Personally, I disagree. I think it's the weakest record Green Day has put out so far. I know it's not a studio album, but overall I just don't see it as a good album. It's not a bad album by any means, it's just okay. But of course, to each their own.

Personally, I disagree. I think it's the weakest record Green Day has put out so far. I know it's not a studio album, but overall I just don't see it as a good album. It's not a bad album by any means, it's just okay. But of course, to each their own.

For me, Rotting is the only song that's not too great, and even that's still a good song - on the whole, I think it's a great album.

For me, Rotting is the only song that's not too great, and even that's still a good song - on the whole, I think it's a great album.

I'm not so fond of "Tired of Waiting For You" either. I KIND OF like "I Want to Be On TV", but I just can't take Billie Joe Armstrong seriously in the song. I feel like I'm listening to some really short scrawny guy trying to act all tough. I really don't know why. And yes, I do realize that's the most random thing ever.

But my favorites are EASILY "Suffocate", "Desensitized", "Ha Ha You're Dead", "Do Da Da", and "Sick of Me".

That makes sense really. I'm all for being a completist but I don't understand the appeal of "here, have an album of songs that weren't good enough to go on an album." But then I guess they did that with Dos, so... shrug.gif

• Like 2

I'm not so fond of "Tired of Waiting For You" either. I KIND OF like "I Want to Be On TV", but I just can't take Billie Joe Armstrong seriously in the song. I feel like I'm listening to some really short scrawny guy trying to act all tough. I really don't know why. And yes, I do realize that's the most random thing ever.

But my favorites are EASILY "Suffocate", "Desensitized", "Ha Ha You're Dead", "Do Da Da", and "Sick of Me".

I like I Want To Be On TV

tho I will say the original version is awesome