Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

How about we trade them for both Carpe Diem and Little Boy Named Train?

LBNT was listenable on Demolicious. Carpe Diem was a slight improvement.

Brutal Love is perfect as is.

We also shouldn't forget that the band sounded infinitely better with Butch Vig behind the desk than they ever have with Rob, but I guess that's just a matter of personal taste.

No way. Nimrod, AI, and Dookie are better produced than 21CB, and even more Cavallo albums than that are better overall.

• Like 1

How about we trade them for both Carpe Diem and Little Boy Named Train?

You're right. Let's just get rid of LBNT, actually.

• Like 1

LBNT was listenable on Demolicious. Carpe Diem was a slight improvement.

Brutal Love is perfect as is.

No way. Nimrod, AI, and Dookie are better produced than 21CB, and even more Cavallo albums than that are better overall.

Mm, Dookie is too dry for my taste and AI is more egregiously clipped than 21CB. If the vocal filters in 21CB weren't a bit too high I'd say it's their best produced, but as is Nimrod is better.

Vig is a much much better producer than Cavallo

Just FYI, it took me a good 3 days or so to realize you were WhiteTim.

• Like 2

Mm, Dookie is too dry for my taste and AI is more egregiously clipped than 21CB. If the vocal filters in 21CB weren't a bit too high I'd say it's their best produced, but as is Nimrod is better.

What do you mean by "clipped"?

What do you mean by "clipped"?

The volume is blown out so that the waveform is too big and certain frequencies are cut out of the mix. Cymbal crashes cut out, guitars are compressed together, etc. It also mixed out the television noises you hear on the HD Tracks/vinyl version of Homecoming. Once you've noticed it it's really unpleasant, and as everything is loud it takes a lot of nuance and dynamic range out of the music.

• Like 1

The volume is blown out so that the waveform is too big and certain frequencies are cut out of the mix. Cymbal crashes cut out, guitars are compressed together, etc. It also mixed out the television noises you hear on the HD Tracks/vinyl version of Homecoming. Once you've noticed it it's really unpleasant, and as everything is loud it takes a lot of nuance and dynamic range out of the music.

Mmm yeah. That lack of radio tv noises for 10 seconds really ruins the album.

:P Jk. But yeah I agree on the loudness war crap. I watched a video about that a while ago. Kind of weird.

Can we get some love for the hidden gems on Kerplunk such as "One of My Lies", "No One Knows", "80", "One For the Razorbacks", "Words I Might Have Ate", "Private Ale", "Android" and the Sweet Children songs?

• Like 3

Can we get some love for the hidden gems on Kerplunk such as "One of My Lies", "No One Knows", "80", "One For the Razorbacks", "Words I Might Have Ate", "Private Ale", "Android" and the Sweet Children songs?

At the top

Top.png

One of My Lies is great, No One Knows is both very good and painfully sad.

• Like 1

80 and One of My Lies are, along with Who Wrote Holden Caulfield, hands down the best songs on Kerplunk.

• Like 3

80 and One of My Lies are, along with Who Wrote Holden Caulfield, hands down the best songs on Kerplunk.

And 2000LYA. And Christie Road.

Kerplunk is awesome.

• Like 1

If the cd version of Kerplunk wasn't strapped with the awful Swert Children EP it'd be the second best of the 90's Green Day albums behind Insomniac

No One Knows is one of their best songs ever, straight up. Same goes from 2000 Light Years Away. Loads of Kerplunk is amazing.

• Like 2

If the cd version of Kerplunk wasn't strapped with the awful Swert Children EP it'd be the second best of the 90's Green Day albums behind Insomniac

Pfft. You're just trying to tick me off now, buddy
  • Like 1

But... Best Thing In Town...

Wrongly titled

I will say it is better than the other SC songs but it shouldn't have been added to the Kerplunk cd cause it takes away the awesomeness of Kerplunk