Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I've been listening to nothing but Rancid for weeks, and I still can't get Uno and Tre out of my top played songs. My "top 25 played" does not accurately represent me, and it's pissing me off. It's a snapshot of who I was 2 years ago. I actually skip Trilogy songs on shuffle, not because I don't like them, but because I don't want to give them anymore plays

Trilogy 2 years ago - that went quick - it's the opposite for me - I didn't listen to uno much - now i have it playing constantly in the car.

Also I rancid said they will never come to OZ :(

Trilogy 2 years ago - that went quick - it's the opposite for me - I didn't listen to uno much - now i have it playing constantly in the car.

Also I rancid said they will never come to OZ :(

There's lots of places Rancid doesn't tour, they either don't like touring, or it's really tiring for them.

Trilogy 2 years ago - that went quick - it's the opposite for me - I didn't listen to uno much - now i have it playing constantly in the car.Also I rancid said they will never come to OZ :(

It's funny. I still say except for a few songs dos sucks but I find myself listening to uno and tre more and more.

There's lots of places Rancid doesn't tour, they either don't like touring, or it's really tiring for them.

Could be a mix of both

I had a friend who books shows in Houston say they were real unprofessional and was a horrible experience but that was during the Lets Go era

Could be a mix of both

I had a friend who books shows in Houston say they were real unprofessional and was a horrible experience but that was during the Lets Go era

That's real interesting. Did he say how they unprofessional?

That's real interesting. Did he say how they unprofessional?

No he didn't mention it in a mean way or anything just was discussing groups and bookings and who were the easiest to do and hardest

I doubt he has anything bad to say in the 15 years I've known him I've never heard him bad mouth anyone

I've been listening to nothing but Rancid for weeks, and I still can't get Uno and Tre out of my top played songs. My "top 25 played" does not accurately represent me, and it's pissing me off.

Yeah, that playlist is weird. I listened to "Cryin' Like a [female dog]" once on my iPod and now it's the top song. What.

I have over twenty Green Day songs in my iTunes library, so yeah, you could say I'm a pretty big fan

• Like 1

I've taken to mentally categorizing albums by ideal time to listen to them (the things I do instead of actually focusing on my schoolwork...). For Green Day, here's what I got:

Spring: 39/Smooth, Kerplunk, Uno

Midsummer: Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod

Late Summer/Autumn: Warning, Stop Drop and Roll, Dos

Late Autumn/Winter: American Idiot, 21st Century Breakdown, Tre

There really isn't ever an ideal time to listen to Dos, but I had to put it somewhere. :P

I find that the energy levels of AI, 21st CB and BIAB are perfect for long car drives. They keep me awake

• Like 1

I find that the energy levels of AI, 21st CB and BIAB are perfect for long car drives. They keep me awake

Nimrod has always been my favorite to listen to while driving, myself. It became my go-to album driving to and from fencing every Saturday morning.

• Like 1

I've taken to mentally categorizing albums by ideal time to listen to them (the things I do instead of actually focusing on my schoolwork...). For Green Day, here's what I got:

Spring: 39/Smooth, Kerplunk, Uno

Midsummer: Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod

Late Summer/Autumn: Warning, Stop Drop and Roll, Dos

Late Autumn/Winter: American Idiot, 21st Century Breakdown, Tre

There really isn't ever an ideal time to listen to Dos, but I had to put it somewhere. :P

Spring: 39/Smooth, Warning

Summer: 39/Smooth, Dookie, Nimrod

Autumn: 39/Smooth, American Idiot

Winter: 39/Smooth, Kerplunk

:P

Spring: 39/Smooth, Warning

Summer: 39/Smooth, Dookie, Nimrod

Autumn: 39/Smooth, American Idiot

Winter: 39/Smooth, Kerplunk

Where's Insomniac, you unholy ginormous blashemer?

• Like 1

It's 5 years since I saw Foxboro Hot Tubs in London (technically, since the show started at 1am on the 2nd) and I feel all nostalgic and want to say I'm so glad GDC exists because otherwise I never would've seen such a great show with such great people :happy:. Been having fun watching a load of videos from the show and just noticed my frizzy beer soaked hair in this one haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ8MFsinlfw

• Like 3

It's 5 years since I saw Foxboro Hot Tubs in London (technically, since the show started at 1am on the 2nd) and I feel all nostalgic and want to say I'm so glad GDC exists because otherwise I never would've seen such a great show with such great people :happy:. Been having fun watching a load of videos from the show and just noticed my frizzy beer soaked hair in this one haha

I was at Wembley Arena just before it and I so desperately wanted to see the Foxboros, but I was 12, and I had school the following morning and my parents said it would take too long to get home. Really, I had a double lesson in PSHE followed by break, I could've slept through that and missed nothing.

I was at Wembley Arena just before it and I so desperately wanted to see the Foxboros, but I was 12, and I had school the following morning and my parents said it would take too long to get home. Really, I had a double lesson in PSHE followed by break, I could've slept through that and missed nothing.

Must've been disappointing, but if it's any comfort there's no way you would've been let in as a 12 year old (it was over 18s only and everyone had to have ID, and Tre accurately described the show as being "more beer than air" afterwards), so there's nothing you could've done. I almost didn't go myself because to do so I had to get the train to London the morning after the show was announced not sure if I'd get a ticket or have somewhere to stay afterwards, but thanks to GDCers and other Green Day friends convincing me I risked it, and at the last minute my sister decided to as well and joined me at the train station just in time, all very dramatic lol, and it all worked out from there. So glad I went for it. Hopefully they'll play again one day once you're 18!

• Like 1

Must've been disappointing, but if it's any comfort there's no way you would've been let in as a 12 year old (it was over 18s only and everyone had to have ID, and Tre accurately described the show as being "more beer than air" afterwards), so there's nothing you could've done. I almost didn't go myself because to do so I had to get the train to London the morning after the show was announced not sure if I'd get a ticket or have somewhere to stay afterwards, but thanks to GDCers and other Green Day friends convincing me I risked it, and at the last minute my sister decided to as well and joined me at the train station just in time and it all worked out from there. It was all very dramatic lol, so glad I went for it. Hopefully they'll play again one day once you're 18!

Ah, OK. I'm sort of glad I didn't waste my time trying in that case - I just hope they come back at some point, preferably after June so I can actually go.

I have over twenty Green Day songs in my iTunes library, so yeah, you could say I'm a pretty big fan

I'm so proud my my soupy :wub:

Its your trilogy greatest hits :lol:

Its your trilogy greatest hits :lol:

I have a feeling that rbs hasn't even listened to the trilogy. :lol:

I always have the lurking suspicion that one of you people is actually Billie Joe...

We all know I can't work a computer.

I mean he!

*nervous chuckle*

:ninja:

• Like 1