Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I don't think so, particularly because that just screams "washed up rock band" which could be accurate (depending on their next move) but Green Day would never admit to it, so I only see them touring if they're supporting new material

I would think that as well but they would have something to celebrate RRHF, 10 & 20 year anniversary - perhaps if it didn't come on the back of the trilogy flop it might be a different story.

Bands don't typically do a tour cause of getting into the HOF

Agreed - just a moment of missing them - selfish really - I have seen them live 3 times this year.

Agreed - just a moment of missing them - selfish really - I have seen them live 3 times this year.

I'm sure they'll do some kind of tour for 2015 maybe not early 2015 but maybe summer?

• Like 1

Billie needs to make an acoustic Christmas album. I listened to the one made by the lead singer of the Fray and I need to hear Billie singing Christmas songs.

• Like 1

Why is that, exactly? The Demolicious version of that song is actually quite catchy.

Personally I dig it musically quite a lot, but lyrically I'd say it's kinda bad. I still like it, though.

Billie needs to make an acoustic Christmas album. I listened to the one made by the lead singer of the Fray and I need to hear Billie singing Christmas songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEK1ZI-dlnQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tj_fFM--DA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FjXoqTJWpM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffHkFoVNaJs

It's a start!

• Like 1

BBC radio 1 sessions is one of my favourite things GD have done - it pissing me off though when zane Lowe congratulates them saying best thing they have done then in the next breath basically says he has just got the disc

• Like 3

I've heard these but they are really poor quality.

True, played down the phone I believe :lol:. They do have that dirty Christmas album they recorded while making American Idiot tucked away somewhere though, maybe there's some acoustic tracks on there haha.

Speaking of albums Green Day should make, I still think they should make an album of Beatles covers. Billie's voice would sound so good singing Beatles songs and I will forever wish for this.

• Like 2

True, played down the phone I believe :lol:. They do have that dirty Christmas album they recorded while making American Idiot tucked away somewhere though, maybe there's some acoustic tracks on there haha.

Speaking of albums Green Day should make, I still think they should make an album of Beatles covers. Billie's voice would sound so good singing Beatles songs and I will forever wish for this.

His voice isn't a patch on Paul's but he could handle John's stuff really well, as evidenced by "Working Class Hero".

His voice isn't a patch on Paul's but he could handle John's stuff really well, as evidenced by "Working Class Hero".

I'm a bigger fan of John's stuff so that would suit me! And yeah I love that, makes me want more.

I always thought John Lennon was a better vocalist than Paul McCartney. The best vocalist of the Beatles was George Harrison anyway. If he could handle the harmonies he did on Foreverly, he can handle Paul McCartney.

I always thought John Lennon was a better vocalist than Paul McCartney. The best vocalist of the Beatles was George Harrison anyway. If he could handle the harmonies he did on Foreverly, he can handle Paul McCartney.

His softer stuff, sure. But the throat-scorching stuff like "Oh, Darling"? I can't see it.

His softer stuff, sure. But the throat-scorching stuff like "Oh, Darling"? I can't see it.

If you are referring to George with the throat scratching stuff, I will give it to you. I never heard him do any type of song like Oh Darling. I still think George was the technically better vocalist. But, I think Billie can handle Oh Darling. Just to add a random thought, my all time favorite Beatles song, is a George Harrison song, While My Guitar Gently Weeps. I've got a real soft spot for George, he was overshadowed by John and Paul, but was just as talented (I think more talented than Paul).

• Like 2

I've got a real soft spot for George, he was overshadowed by John and Paul, but was just as talented (I think more talented than Paul).

George! :wub:

He was the most talented of them, but not the type to show off.

• Like 1

If you are referring to George with the throat scratching stuff, I will give it to you. I never heard him do any type of song like Oh Darling. I still think George was the technically better vocalist. But, I think Billie can handle Oh Darling. Just to add a random thought, my all time favorite Beatles song, is a George Harrison song, While My Guitar Gently Weeps. I've got a real soft spot for George, he was overshadowed by John and Paul, but was just as talented (I think more talented than Paul).

I was referring to Billie. I just don't think he can handle it for sustained periods of time.

Paul is my favorite. He had the weakest solo career, but his stuff with the Beatles is consistently their best, and he was without a doubt their most versatile.

Have you heard the Love version of WMGGW? Far superior to the studio version.

• Like 1

Not me, I was never a major fan, because the two most prominent members annoy me for their err...prominence?!

Billie is one of the rare leaders of pretty-much-anything that I can tolerate. :D

I wouldn't say George was necessarily more talented musically than Paul, Paul was pretty awesome songwriter in his prime and really mastered his instrument, but George was definitely as good as Paul or John as a songwriter. Still, George is my personal favourite, not only because of his music, but because his personality :wub:

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/97307-the-sixties-club

By the way, we really shouldn't spam this thread with this stuff. If anyone feels the need to continue, you're all welcome to continue it in the Sixties Club-thread :)

• Like 1

I was referring to Billie. I just don't think he can handle it for sustained periods of time.

Paul is my favorite. He had the weakest solo career, but his stuff with the Beatles is consistently their best, and he was without a doubt their most versatile.

Have you heard the Love version of WMGGW? Far superior to the studio version.

We will have to disagree on what Billie can handle. I think he can. He has grown so much as a vocalist, he actually enunciates his words now and has proved he can harmonize. He is not just an entertaining vocalist.

We have to agree to disagree on Paul as well. I'm not a fan. His solo career was definitely the weakest. I don't know if it was the lack of John as an influence or having Linda as an influence.

The Love version is beautiful with an already beautiful song.

• Like 1

I was in a charity shop yesterday, and it was one of the most disappointing shops I've ever seen - two boxes of Kerplunk (the game, not the album), a big pink bunny, a game called Burnout, but no Green Day. What a letdown.

• Like 2

Just gave Foreverly a re-listen and oh man, it's still so good :wub:

It also made me wonder, if modern artists sang about death and dying the way that it's sung about in folk songs (such as the ones sung on Foreverly), how would that affect the modern perception of and culture surrounding death? Death isn't glamorized in these songs, it's treated as the natural part of life that it is. Sad? Yes. But it's never treated as a way to escape from problems, and these folks songs don't present it in a self-obsessed sort of way.

After I watch a ton of Green Day interviews,(i'm talking hours) y'know becomes part of my vocabulary for at least a week.

• Like 4

After I watch a ton of Green Day interviews,(i'm talking hours) y'know becomes part of my vocabulary for at least a week.

Ha! I'm also a fan of another musician who says y'know a lot. :P I can always imagine what kind of a convo he would have with Billie. They would be exchanging lots of profound y'knows.

• Like 2

Ha! I'm also a fan of another musician who says y'know a lot. :P I can always imagine what kind of a convo he would have with Billie. They

would be exchanging lots of profound y'knows.

Haha If only I could have a conversation with BJ one day...it's on my bucket list
  • Like 1