Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

More of a thought than a question, but what songs in particular come to your mind when nonsense lyrics on the Trilogy is mentioned? I instantly think of Dirty Rotten Bastards and Nuclear Family, to name a couple.

Who knows? Who cares? Just seems like a Tré thing to happen. :P

Exactly. It could b true, it could be a rumor, but even if it's fake, the scary thing about it is that it isn't really above Tre.

I didn't want to start a new topic but if GD were inducted into the hall of fame next year would that be enough incentive to tour or would they need an album to promote & tour. Thoughts....

Anyone!!!!!!

I didn't want to start a new topic but if GD were inducted into the hall of fame next year would that be enough incentive to tour or would they need an album to promote & tour. Thoughts....

No it would not.

One never knows. The freshest example I can think of is RHCP. They published a digital covers EP when they were induced in 2012. Naturally, most of the songs were with John Frusciante on guitar and backing vocals, even though he refused to attend the ceremony.

So I'm playing the AAF version of "Going to Pasalacqua" on our common room's speaker, and one of the people sitting here with me just asked "What language is this in?" Good to know that whatever country I'm in, Billie's vocals will still be incoherent. :lol:

He's speaking in tongues.

• Like 3

If only Billie slurred the lyrics of the Trilogy's songs.

Considering the amounts of cocaine and booze flowing through his body at the time he really should have.

So I'm playing the AAF version of "Going to Pasalacqua" on our common room's speaker, and one of the people sitting here with me just asked "What language is this in?" Good to know that whatever country I'm in, Billie's vocals will still be incoherent. :lol:

On the plus side that's clearly one of the best musical recordings in the history of the world.

• Like 2

On the plus side that's clearly one of the best musical recordings in the history of the world.

Indeed. :wub: I have my driving playlist aligned so that the live recording of Nightwish's "Dark Chest of Wonders" with Floor Jenson segues seamlessly into "Going to Pasalacqua" and the combined epicness gives me a little thrill every time.

• Like 2

Anyone!!!!!!

I don't think so, particularly because that just screams "washed up rock band" which could be accurate (depending on their next move) but Green Day would never admit to it, so I only see them touring if they're supporting new material

Doing The-Greatest-Hits-The-Dookie-21stAnniversary-Rock'n'roll-Hall-of-Fame-Not-Washed-Up-At All-Probably-Tour would be the worst move they could do at this point so we'd better hope either for some decent new material or rather nothing.

I'm not interested in seeing them doing anything like this. It would make the whole situation even worse, imo.

• Like 1

I just want them to do something. Anything. At this point I want to see them live again far more than I want new music.

• Like 3

sex drugs and violence is a huge cringe moment for me

Why is that, exactly? The Demolicious version of that song is actually quite catchy.

Why is that, exactly? The Demolicious version of that song is actually quite catchy.

"Sex drugs and violence, english math and science" always made me cringe

• Like 2