Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Me too but they are getting a well-deserved rest so the next time we see them they'll be nice and refreshed!  

• Like 3

Stumbled upon this video that I've never seen before. Brazil 2010 plus a short clip with Jesse Malin

• Like 4

I was on equipboard.com looking at the gear Billie Joe has used throughout the years and it’s got me wondering just how many guitars he probably owns.  

I created a Green Day songs quiz on Sporcle... 

You've got 22 minutes to name all their songs from studio albums as well as uniquely named bonus tracks that appear all over the place, b-sides, and standalone singles. Nothing appears twice so the demoes (like Black Eyed Susan) aren't on there, because imo they went on to become something else... it only lists things that were actually released "as is." Hope that makes sense. 

Anyway, you've got 22 minutes to try and name 222 songs... let me know how you get on. I'll play and probs get about 50% even though I created the damn thing. 

https://www.sporcle.com/games/vesper_93/green-day-songs

• Love 1

39 minutes ago, Undómiel said:

You've got 22 minutes to name all their songs from studio albums as well as uniquely named bonus tracks that appear all over the place, b-sides, and standalone singles. Nothing appears twice so the demoes (like Black Eyed Susan) aren't on there, because imo they went on to become something else... it only lists things that were actually released "as is." Hope that makes sense. 

Anyway, you've got 22 minutes to try and name 222 songs... let me know how you get on. I'll play and probs get about 50% even though I created the damn thing. 

I'm a huge nerd and I love these things! Thank you! :wub:

I took it and my scoring is absolutely embarrassing (144/222 - 65%). The Trilogy and Father of All kicked my ass just as expected, but I was listening to RevRad while cooking lunch today and yet I missed Still Breathing 😅

Spoiler

Also, I think there might be a typo in Paper Lanterns, and the Viva la Gloria's could maybe be without the opening question/exclamation marks? I might be a native Spanish speaker but I'm writing on a French keyboard and still have no idea how to do those signs with it 😅 and I'm guessing that might make it difficult for a lot of people too. You might owe me 3 points for those 3.

On the other hand, I was expecting to see more songs from Shenanigans that perhaps they should be in there too if you want to be really exhaustive?

6 minutes ago, CristhyneS said:

I'm a huge nerd and I love these things! Thank you! :wub:

I took it and my scoring is absolutely embarrassing (144/222 - 65%). The Trilogy and Father of All kicked my ass just as expected, but I was listening to RevRad while cooking lunch today and yet I missed Still Breathing 😅

Hide contents

Also, I think there might be a typo in Paper Lanterns, and the Viva la Gloria's could maybe be without the opening question/exclamation marks? I might be a native Spanish speaker but I'm writing on a French keyboard and still have no idea how to do those signs with it 😅 and I'm guessing that might make it difficult for a lot of people too. You might owe me 3 points for those 3.

On the other hand, I was expecting to see more songs from Shenanigans that perhaps they should be in there too if you want to be really exhaustive?

Yeah there's a couple of things that need fixing when I realised they didn't work without bits of punctuation, there's also one album song that I've just *missed* and only noticed when I played it. Have to wait until tomorrow when I'm back on my computer as its a pain in the arse on a phone...

I picked off shenanigans the ones that weren't re-releases or appeared elsewhere I thought? There's quite a few from shenanigans listed under the "bonus" list. 

6 minutes ago, Undómiel said:

Yeah there's a couple of things that need fixing when I realised they didn't work without bits of punctuation, there's also one album song that I've just *missed* and only noticed when I played it. Have to wait until tomorrow when I'm back on my computer as its a pain in the arse on a phone...

I picked off shenanigans the ones that weren't re-releases or appeared elsewhere I thought? There's quite a few from shenanigans listed under the "bonus" list. 

I did not notice the song you missed, so I'm glad, as it would have lowered my score 😂

I think there are a few other songs from Shenanigans that were "re-releases" of B-sides from other albums that I didn't see in there. But now I'm not sure.

Spoiler

I'm thinking, for example, of Ha Ha You're Dead! and Sick of Me, but there are more. I think most of that album are songs that were released as B-sides or in country-specific editions of certain albums, but then there are some that are covers, which I'm not sure you'd want to include, so... I don't know. I'd have to check to see what's what in that album because I don't remember.

Now I want to listen to Shenanigans 😂

16 minutes ago, CristhyneS said:

I did not notice the song you missed, so I'm glad, as it would have lowered my score 😂

I think there are a few other songs from Shenanigans that were "re-releases" of B-sides from other albums that I didn't see in there. But now I'm not sure.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm thinking, for example, of Ha Ha You're Dead! and Sick of Me, but there are more. I think most of that album are songs that were released as B-sides or in country-specific editions of certain albums, but then there are some that are covers, which I'm not sure you'd want to include, so... I don't know. I'd have to check to see what's what in that album because I don't remember.

Now I want to listen to Shenanigans 😂

To be honest it is a little arbitrary because they have done SO much, trying to decide what to put in or not was like... ??? 

I could have put in No Fun Mondays because that was technically released by BJA and Green Day, but not officially as a band release... you have to cut off somewhere 😅

yanno I usually feel like the 'one fucking minute' meme is in poor taste but it's in my head now because right as my Telehealth appointment ended my doorbell rang AND IF THEY WOULD'VE WAITED A MINUTE I WOULD'VE MADE IT TO THE DOOR AND SIGN THE SLIP FOR MY FREAKING TORRID PACKAGE!!!

on another note, I find I always listen to Green Day more in the autumn and I wonder if it's because I saw them live in September 2022... the day that changed my life...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CristhyneS said:

@Undómiel I'd be curious to see how the members of the band themselves would score on this 😂

Rigghhhht?? Guarantee they wouldn't get em all... 😅

On 10/10/2024 at 5:07 PM, Undómiel said:

This was so fun! I got 57 percent, my brain just shut off after a while. :lol:

• Like 1

I might make it so that it accepts road rather than just rd for Christie Road since that's what's on some formats. Couldn't figure out why it wouldn't take it. :lol:

But nice job! Next time I'll try it on a computer rather than typing everything with one finger on my phone, resulting in less than 50%. :lol:

• Love 1

On 10/10/2024 at 4:07 PM, Undómiel said:

I got 64%!  I had a bunch of brain farts.  1039 SOSH and Kerplunk were the most challenging as I’ve listened to them the least.  Luckily, I’ve listened to the trilogy recently so those songs were fresh in my head!

Also, I wrote viva la gloria?  With the “little girl” in parentheses and it didn’t accept it.  If it wasn’t for that I would’ve had all of 21st century breakdown 😡

1 hour ago, Robbie1039 said:

I got 64%!  I had a bunch of brain farts.  1039 SOSH and Kerplunk were the most challenging as I’ve listened to them the least.  Luckily, I’ve listened to the trilogy recently so those songs were fresh in my head!

Also, I wrote viva la gloria?  With the “little girl” in parentheses and it didn’t accept it.  If it wasn’t for that I would’ve had all of 21st century breakdown 😡

Yeah its really hard. I took the ¿ off the front because before it wouldn't accept it without, and then it wouldn't accept it without the parentheses which I didn't think was very fair (I.e. couldn't have it not accepting Good Riddance because somebody didn't write (Time of your Life) afterwards)... its not the most flexible! 

• Like 1

Tried to decide my order of preference for GD albums today... its changed rather a lot since I was a teenager. Its pretty bloody difficult though... this is what I ended up with (studio albums/main releases only): 

1. American Idiot (not in the least bit hipster or niche, this album is as popular as it is for a reason, it's SO FUCKIN' GOOD)

2. Insomniac 

3. Warning

4. Kerplunk! 

5. Dookie

6. Saviors

7. Revolution Radio

8. 21st Century Breakdown

9. Nimrod

10. Tré

11. 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours

12. Dos

13. Uno 

14. Father of All.... 

Probably get shot by some for having nimrod so low, but idk, it just doesn't grab me. Honestly struggled with 6, 7, 8. If I was allowed to have two at 3, 4, 5, then they would be there... but that would defeat the point, so underneath they went.

🤷‍♀️

• Like 1