Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

On 7/25/2024 at 6:34 PM, Undómiel said:

Ta very much. Was after the Shepherd's Bush one :)

I don't fugging believe it... I started the entry but never finished it, so I didn't write about the gig. 

Wrote about meeting up with lots of lovely GDCers; Hermione, Tom, Holly, Tasha... but then NOT THE GIG. 

WHAT THE FUCK PAST BRYONY. 

I remember it was the absolute most boiling hot show of all time and the crowd was crazy! Most intense show ever. And this was fun

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

I remember it was the absolute most boiling hot show of all time and the crowd was crazy! Most intense show ever. And this was fun

I honestly don't remember the heat, although the pictures suggest I was an utterly sweaty mess afterwards. 

My most abiding memory was literally being LIKE 30 CM FROM BILLIE JOE *DIES*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, solongfromthestars said:

I definitely remember how bloody hot it was in the Shepherd's Bush Empire :lol: But my most enduring memory is of Billie's reaction to us all knowing the lyrics to Stay the Night a month before it was officially released.

tumblr_p31eumv10W1qiqs5ro1_400.gifv

tumblr_p31eumv10W1qiqs5ro2_400.gifv

I also have a very vivid memory of Tre telling us that Billie had laryngitis but not to worry because he was there. And then he played All By Myself and Billie did not have laryngitis.

Hide contents

tumblr_ouqhv9IHix1qiqs5ro8_r1_250.gifv

tumblr_ouqhv9IHix1qiqs5ro2_250.gifv

tumblr_ouqhv9IHix1qiqs5ro1_250.gifv

tumblr_ouqhv9IHix1qiqs5ro4_r1_250.gifv

I think I wrote a recap of the show at the time so I'll have to find that, although I'm sure I'll think it's embarrassing garbage now because I was 17 then.

I'd love to read it! 

I just wish I'd written mine... so mad that I didn't 😅

Chocolate Flies and ample thighs or whatever Billie says.  Ya know?

Watching Bullet In A Bible for the 17383738346th time and it's making me super emotional. 

• Like 3

I was 10 years old when this was filmed, living in a sleepy town in North Yorkshire. If only I knew that a band that would change my fuckin' life were playing a couple of 100 miles away. 

Honestly... if I could time travel to any gig it would be this one. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Black Eyeliner is a gem.

It’s my favorite song they’ve released since stay the night, I think!

• Like 1

I’m finding the maga guys on GD fb posts fucking annoying now.

I commented and some idiot trump supporter says “oh youre one of those you probably voted for Biden”

I told the guy straight up I’m not American (for the second time in the interaction). Even if I was I’m a non conformist so you can’t assume something like that because I corrected you for not properly articulating yourself.

All I see now is “Green day are pro establishment” from a bunch of Trump supporters who by nature are legitimately pro establishment. It’s like AI era all over again.

Can’t even comment on my favourite band’s posts anymore without getting some negative jab from a redneck that lives in a house made of straw.

• Like 4

Told one of them to go fuck themselves yesterday. Doesn't help, but it made me feel better. 

If ANYONE thinks GD would be pro-T*ump, their comprehension skills are severely lacking. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Undómiel said:

Told one of them to go fuck themselves yesterday. Doesn't help, but it made me feel better. 

If ANYONE thinks GD would be pro-T*ump, their comprehension skills are severely lacking. 

I don’t blame you, it’s literally unbearable now. Who the hell identifies with a political party or a candidate? Fucking losers. 

Not sure that's quite the angle I was going for. I'm from the UK and I favour the greens/labour pretty heavily. Don't think that makes me a fucking loser. 

Makes me a fucking Liberal, but hey, close. 

• Like 1

I’ve been holding off on buying the anniversary releases (insomniac, nimrod, dookie, and now American idiot), especially since I can listen to them on Spotify, but I still want them physically, with the booklets and all.  I don’t listen to vinyl all that much but a part of me wants the vinyl packs, but I think I’ll get the cds.  I’ll probably get more use out of those.  A big splurge is coming.  (I’ll get the insomniac vinyl since that’s the only option)

Update: I splurged on the cd packs but on Amazon, it’s cheaper! (Except for preordering American idiot.  I want the poster, even though my payment didn’t go through because of an error)  Also got the dvd “riding in vans with boys” filmed during the pop disaster tour.  

• Like 2

Been listening to this band called Radkey a lot lately.  Not sure how I discovered them, but I thought I had seen them perform live with my friend's band or something.    Shuffling through this morning and WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM they do a cover of Roshambo by the Network!    So now I'm thinking we discussed this on here because if they have a Roshambo cover, there's no way that's a conscience.      Have you guys heard this?   

@That Dude I’ve liked a few Radkey songs, had no idea they made a cover of Roshambo! How awesome.

• Like 1

Was just updating my Green Day songs I've seen live list, and the Wrigley show added 19 new songs to my existing 39.  Make you realize just how big their catalog is.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Was just updating my Green Day songs I've seen live list, and the Wrigley show added 19 new songs to my existing 39.  Make you realize just how big their catalog is.

Oh I've been meaning to do this, I used to have a list but lost it so I'll have to start from scratch, be interesting to see how many I've seen. Do you include covers or just GD songs? 19 new in one show is impressive!

• Like 2

Great idea, I need to do this.  Seeing all of Dookie and AI was amazing, 37 songs in one set!  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/31/2024 at 4:36 AM, solongfromthestars said:

I definitely remember how bloody hot it was in the Shepherd's Bush Empire :lol: But my most enduring memory is of Billie's reaction to us all knowing the lyrics to Stay the Night a month before it was officially released.

tumblr_p31eumv10W1qiqs5ro1_400.gifv

tumblr_p31eumv10W1qiqs5ro2_400.gifv

I also have a very vivid memory of Tre telling us that Billie had laryngitis but not to worry because he was there. And then he played All By Myself and Billie did not have laryngitis.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_ouqhv9IHix1qiqs5ro8_r1_250.gifv

tumblr_ouqhv9IHix1qiqs5ro2_250.gifv

tumblr_ouqhv9IHix1qiqs5ro1_250.gifv

tumblr_ouqhv9IHix1qiqs5ro4_r1_250.gifv

I think I wrote a recap of the show at the time so I'll have to find that, although I'm sure I'll think it's embarrassing garbage now because I was 17 then.

I need that red raglan t shirt billie's wearing in my life did they ever officially release them ?

6 hours ago, Hermione said:

Oh I've been meaning to do this, I used to have a list but lost it so I'll have to start from scratch, be interesting to see how many I've seen. Do you include covers or just GD songs? 19 new in one show is impressive!

Including covers if the whole song was done, but not only clips.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ekim said:

I need that red raglan t shirt billie's wearing in my life did they ever officially release them ?

Replicas were sold on the 99 Revolutions Tour (might have been just the European leg, I'm not sure) but they were very limited. I couldn't afford it at the time and I've been looking for it since but I've never seen one for sale anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I just read the booklet that comes with the Dookie 30th anniversary pack and it really made me realize how risky of a move it was for Green Day to move to a major label.  I hadn’t considered that they could’ve opted to move to a larger independent label that could handle the distribution they needed.  That way, most of their fan base/scene probably wouldn’t have abandoned them.  Crazy!

• Like 4