Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

2 hours ago, PhuzzyPhriend said:

I wasn't sure where to post this, but are we really going to ignore the fact that it is Billie and Adrienne's 30th wedding anniversary?! Surprised that no one has sad anything about it today.

Happy Anniversary Billie Joe and Adrienne ♡!!!

• Like 1

It is once again that time of year where we honor these Founding Fathers...oh wait....🤣

449313978_122138522258249806_20708085833

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

I wonder if Tre uses drumsticks that are different weights for different songs.  Hmmm.  Is this a thing drummers do?  Probably the most random Green Day thought I’ve had.  

9 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I'm not really sure how to describe what I'm saying but it's weird to me how Green Day are bigger than ever and yet they aren't at all at the same time. 

I feel this. They are doing this huge tour that is pulling crowds in the tens of thousands and also seem to be getting a lot of publicity, but at the same there isn't the level of mainstream popularity that was say during the AI era.

• Like 3

On 7/4/2024 at 8:40 AM, PhuzzyPhriend said:

It is once again that time of year where we honor these Founding Fathers...oh wait....🤣

449313978_122138522258249806_20708085833

I hate this picture. For whatever reason I really hate the Rolling Stone cover that uses this picture :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I hate this picture. For whatever reason I really hate the Rolling Stone cover that uses this picture :lol:

It's one of my favorite pictures. Minuteman Billie can get it. 😶🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, PhuzzyPhriend said:

It's one of my favorite pictures. Minuteman Billie can get it. 😶🤣

I mean that goes without saying! :lol:

• Haha 1

I feel like Billie looks completely pissed off in that picture.

• Haha 1

I was pissed off when I had to buy this not once but TWICE! The first issue I bought I ripped out all the pictures to stick on my wall. I had to buy a second issue on ebay for the magazine collection -_- 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, The Grohl said:

Agreed 100%

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jengd said:

I feel like Billie looks completely pissed off in that picture.

I have a feeling he was reflecting on the state of society. Also the unlaced boots were probably heavy and uncomfortable. 🤣

14 hours ago, The Grohl said:

I was pissed off when I had to buy this not once but TWICE! The first issue I bought I ripped out all the pictures to stick on my wall. I had to buy a second issue on ebay for the magazine collection -_- 

Wait, if you hate these photos, why did you put them all over your walls? 🤣

• Like 2

Most artists have that one album they completely ignore live.  Green Day just happen to have several.    

Blink skips NINE.  

Offspring skips Days Go By. 

Fall Out Boy skips Mania.   

Shinedown skips Us and Them.  

Uncle Kracker skips 72 and Sunny. 

Flogging Molly skips Speed of Darkness.

and so on and so forth.    

Just bought Summer Girl by Smash Mouth because it's not on streaming services, and none other than Chris Dugan does mixing on a song called "Girl Like You". 

He did this after American Idiot and right around the time of "The Saints Are Coming".

• Like 2

Depending on which scene is used for "Time of Your Life," it's going to give Green Day a tremendous boost on Spotify. Trust me.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I’ll never understand Crush’s marketing…Bobby Sox had ZERO radio play yet had a music video and like mentioned above had the perfect summer vibe single appeal but nothing…Corvette Summer probably will be a great video but Coma City, 1981, Suzie, Strange Days, I feel would be stronger choices…the band and management make odd single choices …(Westbound Sign should have been a single off insomniac…Scattered/Worry Rock could have been better then last ride in or nice guys finish last…Church on Sunday/Castaway would have had better potential then Warning/Macy's Day Parade for broad appeal..AI…whatshername could have been released otherwise no complaints..last night on earth/restless heart syndrome could have replaced last of the American girls and east jesus nowhere..and crush stopped promoting no started up again on the heels of the US tour but this record should have been promoted longer in my opinion cause once the 20th anniversary of AI starts getting promoted Saviors will be pushed to the side unfortunately and it’s universally liked by the fans. 

• Like 2

Can anyone remember when the (particular) secret London show was? It was at Shepherd Bush Empire, and I swear it was around the Uno, Dos, Tre era...? I just had a flip through my diaries but couldn't find it. I can't not have written about it?! If anyone can tell me the date it'll be easier to find... 

7 minutes ago, Undómiel said:

Can anyone remember when the (particular) secret London show was? It was at Shepherd Bush Empire, and I swear it was around the Uno, Dos, Tre era...? I just had a flip through my diaries but couldn't find it. I can't not have written about it?! If anyone can tell me the date it'll be easier to find... 

The Shepherd's Bush show was 23 August 2012. There was also one at Brixton Academy on 21 August 2013.

33 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

The Shepherd's Bush show was 23 August 2012. There was also one at Brixton Academy on 21 August 2013.

Ta very much. Was after the Shepherd's Bush one :)

I don't fugging believe it... I started the entry but never finished it, so I didn't write about the gig. 

Wrote about meeting up with lots of lovely GDCers; Hermione, Tom, Holly, Tasha... but then NOT THE GIG. 

WHAT THE FUCK PAST BRYONY. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1