Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Kind of going crazy trying to figure out how many singles and/or hits Green Day have.    Do I count promo singles?   Demo singles?   

It looks like Green Day have 37 hits if you go back making it into the top 40, but then there's all these different charts and they are supposed to be on the top 100 chart for more than a week or something.     So confusing.   

I wonder how many drumsticks Tre goes through during a show.  It looks like he tosses them up in the air after almost every song.  How many drumsticks does he need???

• Like 1

I would like to see green day do a new full live unplugged style concert 

Just now, ekim said:

Because I wanna hear dilemma on acoustic guitar 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ekim said:

Because I wanna hear dilemma on acoustic guitar 

I can do that for you, but badly.  Since my voice and guitar skills are so horrible, how about a $400,000 discount?   Just for you - 1 million even.   I will fly to wherever you want me to perform, all inclusive.   Billie probably wouldn't do that so that is my offer. 

But yes, Green Day Unplugged would be amazing.   Covers, super deep cuts.  No funeral flowers though.  Maybe zombies stumbling around, less morbid.  😄  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I can do that for you, but badly.  Since my voice and guitar skills are so horrible, how about a $400,000 discount?   Just for you - 1 million even.   I will fly to wherever you want me to perform, all inclusive.   Billie probably wouldn't do that so that is my offer. 

But yes, Green Day Unplugged would be amazing.   Covers, super deep cuts.  No funeral flowers though.  Maybe zombies stumbling around, less morbid.  😄  

Green day dressed as zombies playing acoustically I'm there for it lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ekim said:

Green day dressed as zombies playing acoustically I'm there for it lol 

I meant extras as zombies while Green Day perform, but yeah.  Them in costumes as well!  

10 minutes ago, aahhhh said:

TIL the last time they played Eye of the Tiger was 2010 in Georgia according to setlist.fm

They should record a studio version.....if they haven't already....

I’m not sure why - because this has always been the case for legit decades now - but for some reason I’m feeling really bummed that no one IRL (friends, fam) care about Green Day at all 🥲 it’s lonely out there y’all

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Has anyone ever noticed how good Misfits songs sound with 21CB drums? Maybe that’s not so punk rock, but if you have grown tired of Misfits tracks, they really make them come alive. Early Misfits songs weren’t always produced so well, but if you speed up Horseshoes and Grenades for instance and probably some others, they sound like brand new songs again.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, stories and songs said:

@lucky_stars I turned 30 this year and so many things I got into as a kid — music, movies, etc. — are celebrating 20, 25 year anniversaries and it’s really freaking me out lol. I think the pandemic also made time feel like it just stopped for a while, so I’d very easily believe that RevRad just happened like, two years ago. 

My memories of the AI era are still so vivid to me, too, which makes it even trippier that it was 20 years ago. Now I understand why people my parents age were still listening to 80s music when I was young, lol. I’m the same way now with my early 00s music! 😂

It’s crazy to me they were only 32 when AI came out, and had already experienced so much success before that. The achievements they had just 10 years apart, and only in their early 30s, is nuts.

I’m turning 30 in a few months so I feel you! And couldn’t agree with you more re: them bring in their early 30s when AI came out. So so crazy.

• Like 2

Look what was available on Air France

fqDuErH.jpg

Not American Idiot or Dookie, but that.

On 12/24/2023 at 2:26 AM, lucky_stars said:

As a fan originating from the AI era, I can only now appreciate how little time there was between Dookie and AI. 10 years ago the boys were finishing up the trilogy tour… which doesn’t seem like that long ago to me? Crazy to think that’s the same time difference between Dookie and AI. 😱

And not to beat a dead horse, but I also can’t believe AI is going to be 20 years old. I remember when I was a “new” fan or a “bandwagoner” as MANY on this forum used to point out 😂 I feel old as fuck now.

Right?! The trilogy feels like a maximum of three years ago...

It's funny that it's cool to like American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown now, because it absolutely was not at the time :lol:

• Like 1

After years of listening to Jesus of Suburbia I just noticed that in Dearly Beloved the drums are all panned to the left and the rest of the instruments is panned all to the right. Funny decision 😄

• Like 1