Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

10 hours ago, That Dude said:

Give Me Novocaine is Green Day's most streamed non-single with 63 millions plays.    Burnout and 2000 Light Years Away are also some of the most streamed.     Last Night on Earth is also a big one.  

28 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

That’s interesting to me! I would have guessed something like St Jimmy as being up there. Burnout and 2000LYA makes sense as they’re album openers. I’m also so pleased Burnout seems to be on the setlist because it’s one of my favourites. 

Idk where you're getting that 2000LYA is one of the most streamed. It only has 14 million streams on spotify. Yes, it's the most streamed on Kerplunk by far, largely due to its inclusion on God's Favorite Band, but the pre-Dookie albums don't do well in the streaming department.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Idk where you're getting that 2000LYA is one of the most streamed. It only has 14 million streams on spotify. Yes, it's the most streamed on Kerplunk by far, largely due to its inclusion on God's Favorite Band, but the pre-Dookie albums don't do well in the streaming department.

I fixed my post.   Pre-dookie stand out's include Going to Pasalblahblahblabarnhoppiewhatklsssdkdkdkddhfhgfhfhd48473hdh and At The Library.    And I'm sure the song called "Green Day" gets a lot of plays because people are curious as to what it sounds like, haha.      Something else that stands out to me in their streaming numbers is Rev Rad.  That album is did some big business.  

• Like 1

With Slipknot bleeding members and the Network clearly not doing much, I think Snoo could be a good fit for Knot.   Or even Fink, right?   Slipwork or Netknot could be a wild super group.  Heck, they might be the same people.  We don't know.

I don't normally look at followers or anything on Instagram but for some reason I noticed last week that Green went down to 4.8m followers from 4.9m. Not looked since but thought it was strange when they're about to drop an album 

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I don't normally look at followers or anything on Instagram but for some reason I noticed last week that Green went down to 4.8m followers from 4.9m. Not looked since but thought it was strange when they're about to drop an album 

Hopefully it's the ones who followed them just to complain in the comments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Hopefully it's the ones who followed them just to complain in the comments.

Maybe :lol:

I saw Green Day perform "Maria" in concert, a song that's only been played 141 times.  

That's the only random thought I have right now pertaining to Green Day....IS THAT A UFO?   

• Like 1

I don't think we're allowed to discuss the wives on here? 

Just now, ekim said:

I don't think we're allowed to discuss the wives on here? 

Hot milf wives matter 

5 minutes ago, ekim said:

Hot milf wives matter 

Doesn't matter. You can check with the mods if you like but it's not allowed 

Green Dudes pod just blew my mind.    Last Night On Earth calls back to Don't Leave Me with the line "I walked for miles til I found you".      

• Like 2

Random Green Day thought just popped in there, like the Stay Puffed Marshmallow man.     How about a youtube video about the fashion of Green Day?   A look at each era, maybe ranking them from tackiest to classiest?       Fashion Victim - Green Day! 

• Like 2

Green Day should perform with an orchestra.   Like Metallica, Scorpions and the Who have done.    Would be epic. 

International Superhits should have been a series and volume THREE should be nearly complete   Look at how cool this would have been:

International Super Hits 2:

1.        Tony the Tiger

2.        Mutron Jam

3.        I Fought the Law

4.        American Idiot

5.        Boulevard of Broken Dreams

6.        Holiday

7.        Wake Me Up When September Ends

8.        Jesus of Suburbia

9.        The Saints are Coming

10.    Working Class Hero

11.    The Simpsons Theme

12.    Know Your Enemy

13.    21 Guns

14.    East Jesus Nowhere

15.    21st Century Breakdown

16.    Last of the American Girls

17.    When It’s Time

18.    Oh Love

19.    Kill the DJ

20.    Let Yourself Go

21.    Stray Heart

22.   X-Kid

23.   The Forgotten

Internation Superhits 3: 

1.       Heroin Pop I

2.       Heroin Pop II

3.       BANG BANG

4.       Still Breathing

5.       Revolution Radio

6.       Back in the USA

7.       Father of All

8.       OH YEAH!

9.       Here Comes the Shock

10.   Pollyanna

11.   Rock N Roll All Nite

12.   Holy Toledo

13.   The American Dream is Killing Me

14.   Look Ma, No Brain!

15.   Dilemma

And if you include some of the promo-hits that SHOULD be included, it would be full.   Fire Ready Aim, Meet Me on the Roof, Dreaming and The Forgotten should probably be collected too.  So that would put volume 3 at 19 hits.  Saviors could pack a few more on so there you go.     Onto International Superhits 4! 

I always like to think whatever song is playing when a plane lands is what the vacation is going to be like. What was playing when I just landed? Popper Punk.

This is going to be an interesting vacation.

• Haha 4

Went to the Grammy Museum today.  Came across these two pictures.  Where were they hanging?  The hallway to the bathroom.  I'll take it. :lol:

bKUFmXl.jpg

pVjPKpU.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Just watched The Outsiders movie and dang.  Billie has used every single line from it as lyrics at some point.   When I heard Gloria spelled out at the beginning, I nearly lost it 😄  It basically felt like a Green Day movie.  I half expected it to end with a musical number called Oh Love.

In my effort to listen to more Green Day on Spotify than anyone on the planet, these are tracks I'm gravitating to the most:   

Basketcase Case demo, American Dream is Killing Me, American Idiot, Nice Guys Finish Last, Hitchin a Ride, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Look Ma, No Brains, The Grouch, Dilemma, American Idiot, Too Dumb to Die, Basketcase, Pollyanna, Sugar Youth, Scattered, Jesus of Suburbia, You Irritate Me.