Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

6 hours ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

i also remember i saw some videos last year of last years WWWY fest and some people were saying it was a diaster because of winds?

I wasn't there but I did hear about some of the acts being unable to perform because of the high winds. Some of those bands then felt bad and arranged smaller indoor shows locally to make up for it that day (sorry don't remember which bands but some quite big names if I remember right). Don't know if this helps at all? 

There's a thread for the show here

• Like 1

My bf is kind of a casual GD fan (he listens to them a bit more since being with me but he still only really gives a shit about the hits and some of AI), but he's been listening to Kill The DJ recently and I must report that today he told me he rates it 9.6 out of 10 and that it's at least a top 5 GD song out of all the ones that he's heard, and that musically it suits Billie's voice perfectly :wub:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pouty bitch said:

My bf is kind of a casual GD fan (he listens to them a bit more since being with me but he still only really gives a shit about the hits and some of AI), but he's been listening to Kill The DJ recently and I must report that today he told me he rates it 9.6 out of 10 and that it's at least a top 5 GD song out of all the ones that he's heard, and that musically it suits Billie's voice perfectly :wub:

A man of good taste. I like it :lol:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I wasn't there but I did hear about some of the acts being unable to perform because of the high winds. Some of those bands then felt bad and arranged smaller indoor shows locally to make up for it that day (sorry don't remember which bands but some quite big names if I remember right). Don't know if this helps at all? 

There's a thread for the show here

Thanks! I see that was nice some of the bands had did that. I will repost in that forum :3 (I'm still deciding if I should go or not heh)

• Like 1

Record labels are looking into a way where people can purchase AI created songs by their favorite artists.   What kind of wacky craziness are YOU going to have Green Day doing?  

Green Day song featuring System of A Down and Tom Mcdonald.   Subject matter is Billie's grocery shopping experience at Costco in the rain forest while he gives up punk rock for an acting career.   Chinese Classical Danger music instrumental with Billie singing 4.8 times higher than in Father of All and even Sting makes an appearance.  Sting will be hand clapping and screaming the F word over and over.     There's also a K-Pop breakdown in the middle of the song which will when 17 awards.  

They should make a splatter dark comedy musical movie with Tarantino-ish vibes based on the Laurie L. story. Would be fucking amazing. Fight me. 

• Like 3

Just saw this on twitter (or should I say X). Don't know which GD tribute band it was :lol:

She also says fake Mike was best

This one too :lol:

• Haha 4

Brandon Flowers critisized Green Day for being anti-American.  Now, he is under scrutiny from Georgia for bringing a Russian person on stage.  

I am completely baffled by this.  Even if your country is at war with another country, your enemy is still human.     Like it or not, every human being that ever existed is your blood relation.  Dude was at a concert with the crowd, he clearly didn't have a problem being there.  So what is the problem?   If I was at a show and they brought up a person from the middle east or Russia or China....I wouldn't boo.    I just don't understand.

• Like 2

I was listening to the longshot album and a lyric that stood out to me in turn me loose was " I'm on the spectrum" I wonder if that refers to anything

2 hours ago, BUBBYBUB said:

I was listening to the longshot album and a lyric that stood out to me in turn me loose was " I'm on the spectrum" I wonder if that refers to anything

probably to the fact that he/the character whose POV he's writing from is on the spectrum? He was relatively coherent on that album so make of it what you will in the context of the song. I wouldn't take it literally, because it's just a song, and there's a good chance he just threw that in, but also would it suprise me if a guy who couldn't make eye contact if his life depended on it was on the spectrum?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Isn’t everyone is on the spectrum?

That’s the point of spectrums but there’s a way the expression is used. You don’t really hear that about people on the neurotypical side

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

That’s the point of spectrums but there’s a way the expression is used. You don’t really hear that about people on the neurotypical side

Agree. And  I'm on the spectrum myself. That's why it stood out. And I would have to agree on the eye contact thing amongst various other things lol

• Like 1

Green Day's live show has definitely influenced The Offspring, Sum 41 and even Simple Plan. 

The Offspring do a very similar medley of metal covers, and also the Queen Hey Oh's.    Oh and they skipped three of their albums as well.  

Sum 41 do a Queen cover.  and also...skipped three of their albums.    What the heck is going on?    Did the Trilogy damage the number 3 so badly that bands HAVE to skip at least 3 albums or the universe will collapse?   

Simple Plan skipped half their discography, way to go boys!   MUST SKIP THREE ALBUMS!!!!!

• Haha 1

I want to know what kind of streaming numbers Green Day's most popular song gets.    So this morning at 8:02AM I have documented Basketcase at 882,940,745 streams.   At 8:02AM tomorrow, I'll check it again.   

r/poppunkers on reddit actually think Dude Ranch by blink is better than Nimrod

• Haha 3

Here Comes the memes again / falling from the stars / drenched in the comments wars 

Nobody likes Star Wars

Trek is the better one 

Even at it's worst 

Everyone on the planet likes star bursts.

Ready Freddie?

1 hour ago, Countrygirl said:

I haven’t been on GDC forums in forever.  I noticed the chat room is gone. When did that get removed? Lol

It's been quite a while now, maybe years. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 3:47 AM, BUBBYBUB said:

Horseshoes and Handgrenades is an under-rated gem. The cackle scream is badass. 

It's okay track. I got nothing personally against it but I'm not surprised even slighest that Green Day never played it again after that glorious one week of playing 21st Century Breakdown from start to finish. There are simply hundred better tracks to play live than Horseshoes.

It bums me out that The Boys have brought back some oldies and goods but Homecoming is still missing from the set. Considering how much fun and different the song is compared to Jesus of Suburbia, it really makes you wonder how it has been like 13 years since the song was last played. One can only hope that they're saving it for epic American Idiot 20th anniversary concert where they play the album in order from start to finish.

13 hours ago, Miko said:

It's okay track. I got nothing personally against it but I'm not surprised even slighest that Green Day never played it again after that glorious one week of playing 21st Century Breakdown from start to finish. There are simply hundred better tracks to play live than Horseshoes.

It bums me out that The Boys have brought back some oldies and goods but Homecoming is still missing from the set. Considering how much fun and different the song is compared to Jesus of Suburbia, it really makes you wonder how it has been like 13 years since the song was last played. One can only hope that they're saving it for epic American Idiot 20th anniversary concert where they play the album in order from start to finish.

I mean it's kind of obvious why they wouldn't play H&H live. It's a relatively obscure deep cut from 21CB and it'd be way too hard for Billie to perform along with 2 hours of other songs. It may not be a great live track but I still think it's a top tier track.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Since the new iOS, Apple Music provides the credits of songs. I didn't know that Butch Walker also produced Holy Toledo. Maybe also this song was a FOAM leftover?

Btw there are no credits on Apple Music for Money Money 2020: Part II 😂

• Haha 1