Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Also, it so should have been called a preferendum :lol:

Oops :lol: I don't know where that p came from :P

Preferendum as a word would make sense though :lol:

Oops :lol: I don't know where that p came from :P

Preferendum as a word would make sense though :lol:

Such a better word than boring old 'referendum'. Gonna be using it from now on :lol:

Such a better word than boring old 'referendum'. Gonna be using it from now on :lol:

:angry: I want royalties. I invented the bloody word you shameless resident of smelly British sloughs.

• Like 2

:angry: I want royalties. I invented the bloody word you shameless resident of smelly British sloughs.

I can offer you a hoover, a coffee table and £1.50

• Like 2

As i listened to Extraordinary Girl yesterday, I noticed that the drum beat in the verse is more or less identical to Know Your Enemy. Fucking rip-offs! No, but seriously though, I'd never noticed before.

• Like 2

Just realised how much has Billie's pronunciation improved with time. On Insomniac and a part of Nimrod I can't tell for shit what he's saying. AI is pretty coherent and I have no trouble understating him on Tre. It's probably because of the music being more silent I guess.

Just realised how much has Billie's pronunciation improved with time. On Insomniac and a part of Nimrod I can't tell for shit what he's saying. AI is pretty coherent and I have no trouble understating him on Tre. It's probably because of the music being more silent I guess.

Hie voice is clearer and they make better microphones now than they did in 1995/1997

Hie voice is clearer and they make better microphones now than they did in 1995/1997

The Neumann U87 has been out since 1967 and what's what Billie's used in the studio for years :P

• Like 1

In the song St Jimmy, Billie Joe writes that the eponymous anti-hero is "a son of a bitch and Edgar Allan Poe". Since Poe died in 1849, and was only 40 at the time, therefore AI must have been set approximately in the 1860s, at the very latest. That is unless of course the female dog that Poe mated with was in fact a werewolf, in which case St Jimmy was over 160 years old at the time of writing American Idiot. One can assume his later suicide as documented in "The Death Of St Jimmy" can be attributed to him growing weary of his seeming immortality, and was a choice to leave a mortal realm that he had tread for far too long.

tl;dr Billie Joe wrote Teen Wolf a decade early.

How do you know the female dog was a werewolf instead of just...well, a regular dog? In which case, Jimmy would not be a werewolf per se but a man-dog hybrid. Or just a talking dog, who knows. Not to mention, there's also a likely possibility that 'Edgar Allan Poe' here denotes, not the famous author, but a second cousin of his twice removed who share the same name (1871-1961). This possibility allows us to push the date of St. Jimmy's birth forward to around the early-to-mid 20th century, at the latest. Assuming - contrary to your opinion - that the events of AI, as traditional understanding has it, occurs during the 2000s, we must then assume that St. Jimmy at the time of meeting JoS was either elderly or (as you mention) unaging/semi-immortal. That the fact that he can commit suicide may point that his 'immortality' consists of not being able to age or get ill, yet can still die by being killed - in a sense, kind of like Tolkien's Elves.

Speaking of which, I think a more interesting point for scholarly research is JoS' parents: Rage and Love. There's the fact that their names are quite uncommon, and the fact that a Brad is named in the song. Did Rage (JoS' biological father) die early - which would mean that Brad is a stepfather of sorts to JoS?

Just realized that UNO's 2nd anniversary was Sunday. Wow, totally forgot.

What are you talking about? Uno's like, invented around the 1970s or something...oooh, you meant the album.

• Like 1

The Neumann U87 has been out since 1967 and what's what Billie's used in the studio for years :P

Gocha, I don't know much about what specific mics they recorded with. I know a lot of studios will fuck around with different ones though, also fuck those are expensive.
  • Like 1

It's a pity though. Back then when he wrote most of the best lyrics of his career he sang them in a way that was nearly impossible to understand, and now when his lyrics would often be better if nobody got them, he sings them clearly :angry:

exactly my thoughts while listening lol.

Now that Green Day is broken up, I'm really upset that I didn't get better seats last tour. Oh well. I'll just have to wait until the reunion tour.

• Like 1

Now that Green Day is broken up, I'm really upset that I didn't get better seats last tour. Oh well. I'll just have to wait until the reunion tour.

07/10 Moderately good troll

• Like 3

Just realized that UNO's 2nd anniversary was Sunday. Wow, totally forgot.

I'm pretty sure it came out on the 25th in the US, which means I should be having an anniversary party right now. :dance:

I usually enjoy Billie's improv solos, but the one in American Idiot on AAF is just kind of annoying.

Green Day should have worked on the Trilogy longer, and made it into 1 album

I think most people agree, but pretty much everyone has different ideas of what songs would/should be on the one album.

• Like 3

I think most people agree, but pretty much everyone has different ideas of what songs would/should be on the one album.

As long as Nightlife and F**k Time don't make the final cut.

• Like 1