Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

52 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I've been looking at setlists a lot.   We all like to complain about how Green Day's set is frozen in time and how it's getting old.    

But is there anyone here on the opposite end of this spectrum?   Someone that would get upset if Longview, Basketcase, or She were removed from the set?   I had this idea that maybe the band want to change things up, but they know about these people.   And these people would riot and rage and destroy the world if Basketcase isn't played.     Poor Billie.   While he was very intoxicated at iHeartradio, there was truth to that moment.   Basketcase.  Basketcase.   Basketcase.  Basketcase.  Basketcase.  Basketcase.   

I've been told that when people are drunk they act out in honest ways...   so if you don't want the truth to get out, don't drink...  haha just kidding. 

That said... there isn't enough time to cater to everyone with a setlist.  I believe they do the best they can do... a little bit of old and a little bit of new...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoneyEmerald said:

I've been told that when people are drunk they act out in honest ways...   so if you don't want the truth to get out, don't drink...  haha just kidding. 

That said... there isn't enough time to cater to everyone with a setlist.  I believe they do the best they can do... a little bit of old and a little bit of new...

Yes, except Green Day don't do anything new.   I know they'll never play b-sides and rarities that I love, but even the songs that SHOULD be realistic wants for a Green Day show aren't ever getting played.   Realistically, I'd just like some singles from Trilogy, Rev Rad and FOAM.    I know there's a bad vibe wrapped around Trilogy and FOAM, but gosh dang.  one song out of the 36.   A guitar solo perhaps?   a hit single from Rev Rad and 1 fun bop from FOAM.    Haha

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 10:58 AM, pcj said:

Ticket transparency, but still a rip off?

Ticketmaster, Others Agree to All-In Pricing as White House Cracks Down on Hidden Junk Fees

President Joe Biden meets with ticketing companies and venue owners Thursday to make "honest, transparent pricing" the industry standard

Ticketmaster (owned by Live Nation), SeatGeek and other ticketing companies have agreed to institute all-in pricing in response to the White House’s crackdown on hidden junk fees.

On Thursday, President Joe Biden will meet with representatives from the ticketing industry and venue owners — including the CEOs of SeatGeek, TickPick and others as well as the president of Live Nation Venues — in an effort to bring “honest, transparent pricing” to the ticket-buying experience.

The good news for consumers is that, in the near future, when they purchase tickets, they’ll no longer be surprised by additional fees at checkout, which became a point of contention among millions of frustrated Taylor Swift fans. The bad news is that those “junk fees” will still exist, but now they’ll be included within the all-in pricing at the onset.

Live Nation Entertainment, which owns both Ticketmaster and concert promotion giant Live Nation has agreed that starting September, Live Nation’s 200 venues will commit to all-in pricing. Venues that Live Nation doesn’t own and operate have to opt in for the pricing policy. SeatGeek said that it would “roll-out product features over the course of the summer to make it easier for its millions of customers to shop on the basis of all-in price.”

Live Nation’s commitment comes at a time of renewed scrutiny and frustration toward the company. A disastrous on-sale for Taylor Swift’s Eras tour put Live Nation and the ticketing business itself back into prominent conversation. The company was grilled for hours during a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing earlier this year and faces an investigation from the Department of Justice regarding claims that it operates as a monopoly. Live Nation has repeatedly denied those claims. Fans meanwhile have continued to bemoan Ticketmaster and its prices and fees after nearly every major event’s on-sale. Prior to the all-in pricing announcement, Live Nation had been pushing for legislation through its FAIR Ticketing Act, which looks to turn focus beyond just gripes toward itself and instead toward the resale and scalping market.

Biden has previously called upon Congress to pass legislation — which he dubbed the Junk Fee Protection Act — banning hidden junk fees. But until then, it’s up to the companies to take their own action.

“Today, Live Nation is committing to roll out an upfront all-in pricing experience in September showing just one clear, total price for more than 30 million fans who attend shows at the more than 200 Live Nation-owned venues and festivals across the country,” the White House said in their announcement. “Ticketmaster will also add a feature to give consumers the option to receive all-in upfront pricing for all other tickets sold on the platform.”

Ticketing companies have supported all-in pricing policies in the past, but only if mandated by law. Without all-in pricing being required, companies have said, those who don’t opt for the more transparent pricing will look cheaper than their competitors. Some states like New York have already passed laws requiring all-in pricing. Senators Ted Cruz and Maria Cantwell recently introduced a new bill that would require all-in pricing on a federal level.

It’s not just the ticketing industry where the Biden administration is targeting hidden junk fees: The president’s council Thursday will also include the CEO of Airbnb, which recently adopted “fee-inclusive pricing.”

“Today’s voluntary actions demonstrate that companies both big and small recognize the importance of providing consumers with honest, up-front all-in pricing, rather than tricking them with surprise fees at the end of checkout,” the White House added. “It is also just a first step towards addressing junk fees in the economy. The President continues to call on Congress to pass legislation that mandates up-front all-in pricing for all ticket sellers, bans surprise ‘resort fees,’ eliminates early termination fees charged by cable, internet, and cellphone companies, and bans family seating fees.”

“President Biden has been working to lower costs for hardworking families by bringing down inflation, capping insulin prices for seniors, and eliminating hidden junk fees,” National Economic Council Director Lael Brainard added in a statement. “More companies are heeding the President’s call so that Americans know what they’re paying for up front and can save money as a result.”

www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/live-nation-ticketmaster-junk-fees-biden-white-house-1234772174/

I've been sooooooo curious to see where Green Day falls in dynamic pricing. It's opt-in and honestly, I can see them going either way.

• Like 3

Take the Money and Run sings about Billy Joe.  Is Take the Money and Crawl a play on that or just a coincidence?   There's also a Billy Mack.   

Fall Out Boy have revamped their setlist, representing every Era and then some.   Weezer have revamped their setlist.    There's one other Hella Mega band I can think of.....Green something?  Green Doz?  Green Dog?   Grain Dip?   Whoever they were who played on Hella mega, take note.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 10:03 AM, That Dude said:

Yes, except Green Day don't do anything new.   I know they'll never play b-sides and rarities that I love, but even the songs that SHOULD be realistic wants for a Green Day show aren't ever getting played.   Realistically, I'd just like some singles from Trilogy, Rev Rad and FOAM.    I know there's a bad vibe wrapped around Trilogy and FOAM, but gosh dang.  one song out of the 36.   A guitar solo perhaps?   a hit single from Rev Rad and 1 fun bop from FOAM.    Haha

I think I see what you are getting at and I agree, their newer songs need more air time. 

• Like 1

I just tried to convince a man to name a cat Jillie Bow Legweak. I really hope he goes through with it. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I went to TRNSMT yesterday for the first time, a festival I've wanted to go to since forever and it just made me think how cool it would be if Green Day headlined that once, such an amazing crowd. Maybe they're considered too big an act to go there? Or perhaps the preference is clearly for British acts. 

After some time I tried, but tiktok is honestly a hideous place to be. Truly annoying. So not only won't be following GD (and i feel a little bad about it), I won't get anything new they post there... if even there's still a thing called 1972. 

Damn. I still think that's a great album title 😢

Green Day/side projects have a lot of songs that mention rain.  And it seems that anytime I get stuck in a downpour, one of them is playing. 😕

• Like 1

Things I typed into dezgo.com (for AI images)

Billie joe fighting darth vader.

Billie Joe fighting a bear.

Billie Joe in light saber battle.

Billie Joe fighting Wolverine.

So I have a file on my computer that is a list of every year that Green Day's existed showing that they always give us at least SOMETHING every year.  They're a busy band. They don't stop.    But with all this 1972 and 1981 business, I thought I could push the envelope a bit.     As I prepare to make a video about this, I'm taking it all the way back to 1972, maybe even 71 when their parents were hooking up, haha!  

Okay, the parent thing is crazy.   But I am working on the list of things the band has worked on every year from 72 to 2024.   It's going to be insane!  

• Like 2

Green Day have performed live almost every year since 1987.    The only years they haven't performed are 2003, 2008 and 2018.   And looking at those years.....feuding with The Network didn't allow Green Day to perform in 2003.    2008 was Tubby Time, and 2018 was Longshot time.     

• Like 1

Let's hope Green Day never put us in the situation that Anti-Flag fans are in right now.     COME HAVE FUN WITH ME ON YOUTUBE!  GREEN DAY SONG VS SONG ROUND 3! 

And about to do a Green Day Singles VS Singles over on the YouTube if you want to play along.   

I recently saw a The Office episode from season 5 (2008), where Andy plays a song on a sitar which contains half of the melody of the solo of ¿Viva la Gloria? (Little Girl). And beside that, in the Pokemon games Diamond/Pearl (2007) you can hear music that contains melodies of 21 Guns and East Jesus Nowhere. Would be funny, if Billie got inspired by these songs while writing 21st Century Breakdown 😄

13 minutes ago, Flashback said:

I recently saw a The Office episode from season 5 (2008), where Andy plays a song on a sitar which contains half of the melody of the solo of ¿Viva la Gloria? (Little Girl). And beside that, in the Pokemon games Diamond/Pearl (2007) you can hear music that contains melodies of 21 Guns and East Jesus Nowhere. Would be funny, if Billie got inspired by these songs while writing 21st Century Breakdown 😄

You mean 2009? Anyway i haven’t seen season 5 yet I’m in season 4 currently 🤣

23 hours ago, BratReject23 said:

You mean 2009? Anyway i haven’t seen season 5 yet I’m in season 4 currently 🤣

According to wikipedia season 5 was aired in 2008, so it would fit to the timeline of the writing process 😄 oh, you will definitely hear the melody that I mean when you're in season 5 😄

I have has two separate people tell me that Billie Joe Armstrong was born in Texas and didn’t move to California until he was 11. They also say he had a band called Smiley Hill Children while he was in Texas. Does anyone know what the origin of these statements are?

Green Day (or Sweet Children) are the busiest, most generous rock band of all time: 

• Thanks 1