Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I think it’s that he can get away with it. He never openly says it’s about her so no one can really confront him about it. But I agree it makes him look like an idiot. I’d excuse it because his judgement might not always be perfect, but he’s done this before with Platypus so I guess it’s his kind of thing relatively consistently.

And not to get into the whole debate again but I think where he’s concerned at least there are competing values at stake, and loyalty and protection of your family when they’re under attack is paramount (even if you think they acted like an idiot.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And not to get into the whole debate again but I think where he’s concerned at least there are competing values at stake, and loyalty and protection of your family when they’re under attack is paramount (even if you think they acted like an idiot.)

Yeah I think it was a tough situation and also very emotionally charged so it’s understandable why he’d be mad and write about it, especially considering that he obviously has a temper, but I just don’t think it was a good call to release it publicly.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah I think it was a tough situation and also very emotionally charged so it’s understandable why he’d be mad and write about it, especially considering that he obviously has a temper, but I just don’t think it was a good call to release it publicly.

Not this one I might agree, but maybe he felt plenty had been said publicly already about them and they couldn’t speak up for themselves any other way. This was not the way to do it though, as therapeutic as it may have been. I’m sure he thought releasing it under the radar of a fake band was showing restraint 😄

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Not this one I might agree, but maybe he felt plenty had been said publicly already about them and they couldn’t speak up for themselves any other way. This was not the way to do it though, as therapeutic as it may have been. I’m sure he thought releasing it under the radar of a fake band was showing restraint 😄

Yeah, at least he didn’t make any fuss about it. 

• Like 1

Perhaps Fink knows a woman named Lydia.   

I don't know what this has to do with Green Day and you guys know I love to stay on topic.

;)

• Like 2

Wait, wait, wait....

Is Joey Mongo Fink?

Wow, that WOULD be in pretty bad taste and also connected to Green Day, thus making it allowed to be here. 

Whoa.  After all these years of no hints, here we are. @Beerjeezus, are you at liberty to say how you discovered this?  

Suddenly thought about AI turning 20 in little more than a year. I feel so fucking old 🫠

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Here are my most played songs of all time currently:  

1. Edging - Blink-182

2. Too Dumb To Die - Green Day

3.  American Idiot - Green Day

4. Hive Mind - Slipknot 

5. This is Not Utopia - Offspring

6. Behind Your Walls - Offspring

7. Fly - Highly Suspect 

8.  Lyncanthrope - +44

9. Opiod Diares - Offspring

10. - De Sade - Slipknot 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Here are my most played songs of all time currently:  

1. Edging - Blink-182

2. Too Dumb To Die - Green Day

3.  American Idiot - Green Day

4. Hive Mind - Slipknot 

5. This is Not Utopia - Offspring

6. Behind Your Walls - Offspring

7. Fly - Highly Suspect 

8.  Lyncanthrope - +44

9. Opiod Diares - Offspring

10. - De Sade - Slipknot 

Nice one. 3 from Offspring, impressed. Loved thier 'Smash' album. 

• Like 1

Playing Brain Stew on guitar and am just now realizing this lyrical head scratcher. 

No room for WHAT in his mind?  Cross tops? 

Cross stops?

Crostops?

Billie's mind is so unrested that he can't even imagine a woman's shirt?

14 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Playing Brain Stew on guitar and am just now realizing this lyrical head scratcher. 

No room for WHAT in his mind?  Cross tops? 

Cross stops?

Crostops?

Billie's mind is so unrested that he can't even imagine a woman's shirt?

Crosstops are another word for amphetamines. The pills have a cross (X) shape etched in the top

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Crosstops are another word for amphetamines. The pills have a cross (X) shape etched in the top

That makes more sense.  

It wasn't very fun to play on guitar, probably because it's one of my least favorite songs by the guys.  

duh nuh.

duh nuh.

duh nuh dun nuh duh nuh. 

It's already 7 February here in the UK which means FOAM is three years old today!! 

• Like 3
  • Surprised 1

11 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

It's already 7 February here in the UK which means FOAM is three years old today!! 

Can't wait for the 25th Anniversary of FOAM.  I can retire a few years after.  😄 

• Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just realised that a kind-of ex of mine has the same bday as Billie Joe and I can't believe I didn't notice sooner.

Also one of my bf's best friends shares a birthday with Tre, and that is also the day after my grandad's birthday. I realised that way later than I should've too :lol:

• Like 1

Well it's the 19th over here in the UK and so that means it's officially Green Day Day in Oakland, CA in a couple of hours time

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Question. Hypothetical.

You never saw Green Day live in your life. You have two choices.

You can see their entire world tour being at the front row 

OR

You can meet them during 15 minutes before a show but watch the show from the last seat in the back.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Question. Hypothetical.

You never saw Green Day live in your life. You have two choices.

You can see their entire world tour being at the front row 

OR

You can meet them during 15 minutes before a show but watch the show from the last seat in the back.

See a bunch of shows. I don't really care for meeting them + I don't enjoy small talk with strangers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

See a bunch of shows. I don't really care for meeting them + I don't enjoy small talk with strangers.

Agreed. I only talked to Billie for a second, and was fine with that because I had no idea what to say. 

If I was going to all the shows, I'd prefer a change or two in the set list along the way though.

• Like 3

Just now, Montclare said:

Agreed. I only talked to Billie for a second, and was fine with that because I had no idea what to say. 

If I was going to all the shows, I'd prefer a change or two in the set list along the way though.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'd want to see all the shows. It might lose its magic.