Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

you want LESS Green Day? I'm gonna pray for you

The trilogy demonstrated that less Green Day could actually be a good thing, etc.

• Like 2

The trilogy demonstrated that less Green Day could actually be a good thing, etc.

Indeed. Quality control has never been their strong point. See also: Nimrod.

Indeed. Quality control has never been their strong point. See also: Nimrod.

OMG NIMROD WAS TEH BUMB HOW COULD YOU SAEY DAT

For the record, I'm still waiting for the day Tre would start an institution that would benefit people who have lost their one of their nuts or were born with only one.

• Like 1

I thought you were going for something intelligent like the 45/55% split in the Scottish referendum. Disappointed.

Why the fuck would anyone not from the UK care about that? :P

• Like 1

BECAUSE IT AFFECTS US ALL :runaround:

Also why would anyone not from New York give a fuck about OWS? :P

Well it would of affected a lot of other countries. Australia being one of them, as our government is based around the connection to the UK. There was a slight issue that would mean that if Scotland became independent our government wouldn't actually exist. It would of been just a slight change to paper work to fix it but it still affected us. Then you have the fact that many flags around the world would become incorrect, as they are based on the Union Jack, which would be incorrect if Scotland became independent. Nothing major but it does mean something to people outside the UK.

• Like 1

45rpm

Gotcha.

I'm kind of disappointed that Scotland didn't become independent.

Then you have the fact that many flags around the world would become incorrect, as they are based on the Union Jack, which would be incorrect if Scotland became independent.

Can you explain this?

Can you explain this?

The Union Jack flag is a design based on a combination of elements from the four countries of the United Kingdom. If Scotland got independence the flag would have been redesigned. Since there are so many other flags with the Union Jack on them (most notably Australia) they'd all have to change too.

The Union Jack flag is a design based on a combination of elements from the four countries of the United Kingdom. If Scotland got independence the flag would have been redesigned. Since there are so many other flags with the Union Jack on them (most notably Australia) they'd all have to change too.

Who is this Jack guy you keep mentioning?

It was originally flown from the jack staff of a ship.

Why did Jack have a staff? Did he have trouble walking? I hope he is feeling better now.

Tre's lips always reminded me of random pink sausages.I don't know why.haha

Also why would anyone not from New York give a fuck about OWS? :P

In all honesty I read OWS as OWLS and was like "what the heck HP has to do with Scottish preferendum or New York? " :lol:

A moment of confusion, it truly was.

I really want Billie to say "21st Century American Dookie goes Kerplunk" one of these days.

(You want random? There's one)

• Like 1

In the song St Jimmy, Billie Joe writes that the eponymous anti-hero is "a son of a bitch and Edgar Allan Poe". Since Poe died in 1849, and was only 40 at the time, therefore AI must have been set approximately in the 1860s, at the very latest. That is unless of course the female dog that Poe mated with was in fact a werewolf, in which case St Jimmy was over 160 years old at the time of writing American Idiot. One can assume his later suicide as documented in "The Death Of St Jimmy" can be attributed to him growing weary of his seeming immortality, and was a choice to leave a mortal realm that he had tread for far too long.

tl;dr Billie Joe wrote Teen Wolf a decade early.

Well it would of affected a lot of other countries. Australia being one of them, as our government is based around the connection to the UK. There was a slight issue that would mean that if Scotland became independent our government wouldn't actually exist. It would of been just a slight change to paper work to fix it but it still affected us. Then you have the fact that many flags around the world would become incorrect, as they are based on the Union Jack, which would be incorrect if Scotland became independent. Nothing major but it does mean something to people outside the UK.

The biggest change would have been to our foreign policy. Without the votes of the Scottish people, we would have had Conservative governments for the next few years, which would affect our foreign policy and could have led to us leaving the EU. Which we still might do. Either way, it's immaterial now anyway :P

In all honesty I read OWS as OWLS and was like "what the heck HP has to do with Scottish preferendum or New York? " :lol:

A moment of confusion, it truly was.

Also, it so should have been called a preferendum :lol: