Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Guys... I'm so mad at myself I'm kicking myself in the leg right now. Hope its ok i'm posting this here. Just want to say how i feel. 

i saw Billie at the airport around 2:30pm(now its 3:59pm. As soon as i saw him i called up my friend i asked my friend what i should do he said to go up to Billie so i continued to walk around and look. He wanted me to show Billie our single we have on Spotify that our band had realeased back in March. Now i don't even have that chance. I feel horrible and now i'm sitting here not knowing what i feel right now!

When i saw him i thought it would be "rude of me" to go up to him and say hi. And nope i didn't take a random pic of him walking bc that is actually weird/ rude bc why would i? I wouldn't go up to a random other person i see walking and just take a picture. I know Billie as well as Mike and Tre don't mind meeting fans but i overthink everything every interaction i have with anyone... even a random worker at a store. 

He had security with him walking so i wasn't sure if it would be rude to go up to him. I really do have bad inner thoughts and think everyone "hates me" and i didn't wanna potentionally ruin my chance or come off as weird. I was just in the airport walking around bc my flight was not til 3:25 and i get super ansy just sitting here. Now i missed my flight and its not til 5:44 now.

i know most fans would ask for an autograph or pic but honestly in this moment right now i would just ask for a hug bc my grandpa died 2 weeks ago and i've been torn up and i would of just said how much Green Day means to me to him.

sorry this is an emotional mess, dealing with thinking about my grandpa, and overthinking everything to the point its not even funny just hurts 😖

anyways i hope he has a safe flight(i told the delta employee bc she had to print me a new ticket) she said she saw Mike fly out earlier today so it was just Billie that i saw.

currently crying my eyes out 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

20 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

what does this mean

I hate being the person to show you but you asked

green-day-angry-birds-718x523.jpg

19 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

Guys... I'm so mad at myself I'm kicking myself in the leg right now. Hope its ok i'm posting this here. Just want to say how i feel. 

i saw Billie at the airport around 2:30pm(now its 3:59pm. As soon as i saw him i called up my friend i asked my friend what i should do he said to go up to Billie so i continued to walk around and look. He wanted me to show Billie our single we have on Spotify that our band had realeased back in March. Now i don't even have that chance. I feel horrible and now i'm sitting here not knowing what i feel right now!

When i saw him i thought it would be "rude of me" to go up to him and say hi. And nope i didn't take a random pic of him walking bc that is actually weird/ rude bc why would i? I wouldn't go up to a random other person i see walking and just take a picture. I know Billie as well as Mike and Tre don't mind meeting fans but i overthink everything every interaction i have with anyone... even a random worker at a store. 

He had security with him walking so i wasn't sure if it would be rude to go up to him. I really do have bad inner thoughts and think everyone "hates me" and i didn't wanna potentionally ruin my chance or come off as weird. I was just in the airport walking around bc my flight was not til 3:25 and i get super ansy just sitting here. Now i missed my flight and its not til 5:44 now.

i know most fans would ask for an autograph or pic but honestly in this moment right now i would just ask for a hug bc my grandpa died 2 weeks ago and i've been torn up and i would of just said how much Green Day means to me to him.

sorry this is an emotional mess, dealing with thinking about my grandpa, and overthinking everything to the point its not even funny just hurts 😖

anyways i hope he has a safe flight(i told the delta employee bc she had to print me a new ticket) she said she saw Mike fly out earlier today so it was just Billie that i saw.

So sorry about your grandpa.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

So sorry about your grandpa.

Thank you

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I like many on here will know what your going through and share your loss. I can understand you really loved your grandpa very much. I'm sure you will have many many happy memories, loads of good times with him that you will never forget. Hang in there, and take care of yourself. You are special. 

Your with friends on here, you are in our thoughts and prayers, God bless you.

Keep in touch, and stay safe.

Edited by pcj
Additional thought
  • Love 1

I'm so sorry about your Grandpa. Sending love and hugs to you ❤️

Try not to beat yourself up for not approaching Billie. Maybe it wasn't the right time and hopefully you'll get another opportunity next Tour. Keeping my fingers crossed for you

• Love 1

So sorry about your loss, take the time to heal and process everything. Let yourself feel all emotions and surround yourself with people who love you and support you. Grief is a hard thing to go through but it does get better with time, although it might feel like an endless tunnel right now. 

I get your reaction seeing Billie Joe, I probably would react the same way if I just saw him randomly and probably wouldn't know what to do either. As someone who also had to deal with this sort of inner dialogue (they will think I am weird, they'll hate me), let me tell you that the sole fact that you are aware enough of other people's possible boundaries and that you don't want to come across as rude or disrespectful is telling of your character. I am sure you are far from being an unpleasant person to be around, and I am sure you are not the sort of fan that Billie, Mike or Tre would dislike. 

Don't beat yourself too much over the fact that you didn't take the chance to approach him, it was a super unexpected thing for you so I get that you wouldn't know how to react and just freeze. Also, who knows what could have happened? Maybe this time just wasn't the time, but I sure hope you'll get this opportunity again. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

Oh, I am so sorry for the loss of your Grandpa...grief isn't easy and it is very personal.  Everyone reacts and grieves differently.  I feel for you as I lost my father last September and it is still hard at times, but just know it gets easier with time.   Please don't beat yourself up over not approaching Billie...perhaps it simply wasn't meant to be at this time.  Be kind to yourself...give yourself the space and time to grieve.  Hugs.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

There should a dating app for Green Day fans.     

Only when the non-fans are weeded can the true pickiness begin....

Must have the exact same top 55 songs, top 4 albums, and same band member crush.   

Haha.  

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, That Dude said:

There should a dating app for Green Day fans.     

Only when the non-fans are weeded can the true pickiness begin....

Must have the exact same top 55 songs, top 4 albums, and same band member crush.   

Haha.  

Fun fact: I thought my boyfriend's Okc picture was a reference to Uno and that's the first question I ever asked him....it wasn't 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm currently watching the mixing course of Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Chris Lorde-Alge and it was really interesting to hear Mike's backing vocals in solo. Always thought that Billie was the only one who sang background vocals since American Idiot

• Like 2

On 10/22/2022 at 5:21 PM, Beerjeezus said:

I bet these are the pigs that were sniffing glue on a tattoo on a troublemaker.

Green Day should go harder on the theme of pigs.   

• Haha 2

What if every Green Day release had a title track?

1039, Kerplunk. Doogie, Insomniac, Nimrod, Uno, Dos, Tre.  Bullet In a Bible.  International Superhits, God's Favorite Band, Awesome As Fwoo, BBC Sessions.

• Like 1

I played most of Warning: for my son today, and he asked to hear Church On Sunday several times.  That settles it, he's going to be okay.  😄 

• Like 3

I did Green Day Heardle today and really had forgotten what a good song it was!  Just annoying it sometimes says the song isn’t available here so I have to cheat!  

Tried to use a spoiler but can’t work it out but don’t want to ruin heardle for those in different time zones.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jengd said:

I did Green Day Heardle today and really had forgotten what a good song it was!  Just annoying it sometimes says the song isn’t available here so I have to cheat!  

Tried to use a spoiler but can’t work it out but don’t want to ruin heardle for those in different time zones.

Oh why would you do that to me? You made me listen to two seconds of it and everything 😭

• Haha 2

Here is a question?

What do you think Green Day’s peak era was in terms of style. My late mom used to frequently comment on how they had such a good sense of style and fashion.

What  era do you think they were best “turned out” or what era do you just like the way they dressed at that time ?

For me , The Nimrod era .  

w.jpg

green-day-90s-billboard-1548.jpg?resize=

44 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Oh why would you do that to me? You made me listen to two seconds of it and everything 😭

Not a fan?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I thought the same thing today 😒

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cav9mm said:

Here is a question?

What do you think Green Day’s peak era was in terms of style. My late mom used to frequently comment on how they had such a good sense of style and fashion.

What  era do you think they were best “turned out” or what era do you just like the way they dressed at that time ?

For me , The Nimrod era .  

w.jpg

green-day-90s-billboard-1548.jpg?resize=

For me, without going to much into fangirl territory, I really have a thing for Billie’s look during 21St BD tour, particularly the red striped pants/black shirt with badges combo. I have liked all their looks, including (although initially surprised by) AI which has, of course, become iconic.  I also really liked the Foam look when I thought Billie and Mike particularly looked amazing.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1