Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I went though Green Day's music on Spotify and right clicked each newer song to see what record label they are on.  

Here Comes the Shock has no label. 

Pollyanna has Crush Media Music.

Rock N Roll All Nite has no label. 

Holy Toledo has Crush Media Music.

Weezer actually got me doing this, because a lot of their newer stuff is split between Crush and other labels, which seems weird when I first noticed, but it could be the norm.   

• Like 1

We can name our favorite songs into eternity, but what are you really LISTENING to the most?  From the really cool Stats For Spotify, here's my most played Green Day songs of all time: 

1.  Too Dumb To Die

2. Pollyanna

3.  Nice Guys Finish Last 

4. Scattered 

5. American Idiot 

6. Sugar Youth

7. HItchin a Ride 

8.  Rock And Roll All Nite

And for reasons completely unknown, my most played The Network songs:   

1. Trans Am

2. Theory of Reality.  

• Like 4

My neighbour has her buddies round tonight and around 1am they all started loudly singing Bohemian Rhapsody! Sounded a bit like Green Day were about to come on :lol:

• Haha 4

I did a "name a Taylor Swift song for every letter of the alphabet" quiz (and aced it, of course) and wondered if I could do it for Green Day. I'm sure I've done it before, but anyway, here are my guesses:

Spoiler

• A - Angel Blue
  • B - Boulevard of Broken Dreams
  • C - Castaway
  • D - Deadbeat Holiday
  • E - East Jesus Nowhere
  • F - FOD
  • G - Green Day
  • H - Holiday
  • I - I Was a Teenage Teenager
  • J - JAR
  • K - King for a Day
  • L - Lady Cobra
  • M - Maria
  • N - Nuclear Family
  • O - Oh Love
  • P - Private Ale
  • Q - ???
  • R - Rusty James
  • S - She
  • T - 2000 Light Years Away
  • U - ???
  • V - ¡Viva La Gloria!
  • W - Why Do You Want Him?
  • X - X-Kid
  • Y - You Lied
  • Z - ???

I missed Uptight for U :fool:

Anyone else want to have a go? Without looking at my answers or any tracklists, of course ;) Am I right that there are no songs for Q or Z?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, solongfromthestars said:

I did a "name a Taylor Swift song for every letter of the alphabet" quiz (and aced it, of course) and wondered if I could do it for Green Day. I'm sure I've done it before, but anyway, here are my guesses:

Hide contents

• A - Angel Blue
  • B - Boulevard of Broken Dreams
  • C - Castaway
  • D - Deadbeat Holiday
  • E - East Jesus Nowhere
  • F - FOD
  • G - Green Day
  • H - Holiday
  • I - I Was a Teenage Teenager
  • J - JAR
  • K - King for a Day
  • L - Lady Cobra
  • M - Maria
  • N - Nuclear Family
  • O - Oh Love
  • P - Private Ale
  • Q - ???
  • R - Rusty James
  • S - She
  • T - 2000 Light Years Away
  • U - ???
  • V - ¡Viva La Gloria!
  • W - Why Do You Want Him?
  • X - X-Kid
  • Y - You Lied
  • Z - ???

I missed Uptight for U :fool:

Anyone else want to have a go? Without looking at my answers or any tracklists, of course ;) Am I right that there are no songs for Q or Z?

I do this when trying to fall asleep sometimes. :lol:

No Z and the only thing that might apply for Q is A Quick One.

Edited to add mine.  Just put the first one that popped into my head for each letter.  Took me way too long to think of C.

Spoiler

A- AWTW

B- Brainstew

C- Coming Clean

D- Drama Queen

E- Extraordinary Girl

F- FOD

G- Good Riddance

H- HAR

I- In the End

J- Jaded

K- KFAD

L- Lazy Bones

M- Missing You

N- No Pride

O- Ordinary World

P- Peacemaker

Q- A Quick One (kind of)

R- Redundant

S- Still Breathing

T- Troublemaker

U- Uptight

V- Viva la Gloria!

W- Worry Rock

X- X-Kid

Y- Youngblood

Z- nada

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Talked to someone who’s a casual fan (but enough of a fan to consider going to a show) - they asked if I went and what it was like. Of course I said it was awesome and then they ask what the setlist was like, if they played their new stuff… so i’m like “ugh yeah not really, mostly Dookie/AI it made perfect sense at a festival though” and they go “oh that’s awesome I wouldn’t want to hear the new stuff” 😭 Made me understand gd’s setlist decisions a bit better

Did they hear FOAMF and not like it or are they just not interested in hearing any of their new stuff?

7 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Did they hear FOAMF and not like it or are they just not interested in hearing any of their new stuff?

I understood it as simply just not caring about anything post 21 Guns being a hit

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I understood it as simply just not caring about anything post 21 Guns being a hit

Oh Love and Still Breathing got a lot of airplay even on mainstream radiostation.

And even RevRad has some favs for casual fans in my circle of friends.

14 hours ago, Insomniac90 said:

Oh Love and Still Breathing got a lot of airplay even on mainstream radiostation.

And even RevRad has some favs for casual fans in my circle of friends.

And yet I had a personal experience with someone who viewed it differently… funny how that works 

11 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I mean when someone says "I'm not interested in hearing their new stuff" I don't think that means "I'm not gonna go if they're playing any material I haven't heard before". I think it just means "I'm mostly coming for the hits and the songs I already know. They can play a couple new songs but I don't want half of the songs to be brand new songs I've not heard before"

To be fair, if I was going to a show of a band I wasn't that familiar with, I wouldn't be wanting to hear a ton of brand new songs I've never heard before. I prefer my first experience listening to a new song or album to not be live. I prefer hearing the live version of a song after I'm already familiar with the studio version.

For sure yeah, it’s just that I wouldn’t really make a decision based on it at all you know? I’ve seen a ton of bands I barely knew the name of and had a good time. I don’t really think how much I’m going to know from the setlist is a factor to decide if i want to see a show/how likely i am to enjoy it

I tried to see if there was pattern of the band playing Wake Me Up When September Ends more in September than any other month.   

There's a bit too much data to calculate with a four year old in here with me, but I don't see any discernible pattern.  

I'm seeing the posts too.    We'll get through it together.  

47 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

In other news, Billie is preoccupied with existential dread :P

I had some existential dread this year and rather enjoyed it.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'd like to see the full list of all profanities used in Green Day songs and the profanities ranked in order of how many times they are used. Can anyone do this?

Update: found this beauty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I read this on Reddit. Is it true that all those song are about Amanda? I know Adrienne said she didn't care but holy shit Billie need to stop thinking about her 😂

- She

- When I Come Around

- Stuart and The Avenue 

- Whatsername

- Maria

- Amanda

- She's A Rebel