Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

41 minutes ago, jengd said:

That must be a blow to Weezer, especially after all their work with their album for each season!

When the cheapest seats were $150 and average prices were $200-400 and you were promising mostly deep cuts, they couldn’t possibly fill five nights with either repeat hardcore fans or enough casual fans. It was a doomed model. Do it in a cheap venue then yeah.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2022 at 2:44 AM, jengd said:

Hope you are feeling ok. 

Thank you! It's not a bad case, thankfully, but I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. Gonna take a test tomorrow and hopefully it'll be negative.

Meanwhile I've been trying to keep myself sane by watching Hot Ones. I really hope that when it's time for promos, at least one of the members would consider going on. Billie would be the most interesting, he's so good at interviews but I feel like Tre would be super amusing, I know he was on Bourdain's show at one point. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

27 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

Thank you! It's not a bad case, thankfully, but I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. Gonna take a test tomorrow and hopefully it'll be negative.

Meanwhile I've been trying to keep myself sane by watching Hot Ones. I really hope that when it's time for promos, at least one of the members would consider going on. Billie would be the most interesting, he's so good at interviews but I feel like Tre would be super amusing, I know he was on Bourdain's show at one point. 

I've been saying this forever, I even tried tweeting the host and DM'ing GD's management about it. I wish there was some other way to reach out to the show and request it. 

28 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I've been saying this forever, I even tried tweeting the host and DM'ing GD's management about it. I wish there was some other way to reach out to the show and request it. 

Honestly, @-ing the host and maybe bringing it up on their latest videos is the best thing to do. Sean mentioned that's how they got Gordon Ramsay, by people bugging them and people bugging Gordon on twitter. I'll probably comment it the next time one of the guys posts something. 

• Like 1

Omg Billie on Hot Ones...pleasssse make this happen. The Dave grohl one was hilarious.

1 hour ago, The Grohl said:

Omg Billie on Hot Ones...pleasssse make this happen. The Dave grohl one was hilarious.

That's the one that made me want one of them on it! The ending is so hilarious, how Dave just reveals he has the spiciest sauce at home. Honestly I think Sean likes interviewing musicians the most since those are the ones that seem the most fun. I really liked the Lizzo one they just came out with!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dreamykatie said:

but I feel like Tre would be super amusing

Tre is interesting because sometimes he says some very astute things.

• Like 2

I randomly heard Dreamcatcher… it’s actually a good example of a song that isn’t musically anything new, but it’s so tender that it doesn’t matter

• Like 3

I’ve been holding this take back ever since my show in June because I don’t want to bitch about what I consider a fun part of the show, but I just think Jason’s sax playing is very generic and he could do way more interesting things with this instrument. I get that he’s doing the whole careless whisper etc thing to play with the cliché, but at some point I felt like I was listening to elevator music. I’m not saying he should go full freejazz at a show at aims to be easy to get into, but he could get away with a lot  more in this genre.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I’ve been holding this take back ever since my show in June because I don’t want to bitch about what I consider a fun part of the show, but I just think Jason’s sax playing is very generic and he could do way more interesting things with this instrument. I get that he’s doing the whole careless whisper etc thing to play with the cliché, but at some point I felt like I was listening to elevator music. I’m not saying he should go full freejazz at a show at aims to be easy to get into, but he could get away with a lot  more in this genre.

Oh thank you! I am so sick of the cringey Careless Whisper gag. He needs new shtick

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Oh thank you! I am so sick of the cringey Careless Whisper gag. He needs new shtick

I could handle Careless Whisper if the rest of what he’s playing wasn’t as generic. It would work as a joke if he played it in the middle of some good impro, but it doesn’t really stand out from what he’s playing. I’m glad i’m not the only one who’s annoyed by that. I thought i got disproportionaly upset over it because of the weed i smoked before that show :lol:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

When he first played the Careless Whisper thing in January 2017 it was cool and relevant because of the timing but I agree that now the moment for that has been and gone

• Like 3

Does anyone else remember people thinking Closing Time by Semisonic was actually Green Day? When I first got into Green Day it came up on whatever website I was using to listen in 2007 (Radio something?) and I was clueless, so I just assumed it was Green Day and added it to my playlist. Then I realised it wasn't, took it off the playlist and forgot about it. I saw someone talking about the song recently and listened to see if I remembered it, but it didn't sound anything like I remembered. I assumed I'd got the wrong song and Googled it to see if there were others. One of the suggested results was "closing time green day" though! I thought it was just some error on that specific website I used, but it was apparently a thing. There are even YouTube videos titled "Closing Time by Green Day" and people coming up with excuses in the comments about them working together on the song, even though they obviously didn't. Found this Reddit thread about it:

I've no idea why this was a thing. It doesn't really sound anything like Green Day.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, solongfromthestars said:

Does anyone else remember people thinking Closing Time by Semisonic was actually Green Day? When I first got into Green Day it came up on whatever website I was using to listen in 2007 (Radio something?) and I was clueless, so I just assumed it was Green Day and added it to my playlist. Then I realised it wasn't, took it off the playlist and forgot about it. I saw someone talking about the song recently and listened to see if I remembered it, but it didn't sound anything like I remembered. I assumed I'd got the wrong song and Googled it to see if there were others. One of the suggested results was "closing time green day" though! I thought it was just some error on that specific website I used, but it was apparently a thing. There are even YouTube videos titled "Closing Time by Green Day" and people coming up with excuses in the comments about them working together on the song, even though they obviously didn't. Found this Reddit thread about it:

I've no idea why this was a thing. It doesn't really sound anything like Green Day.

This reminds me of using things like Limewire (>_>) and downloading things like "Paint It Black - by The Doors" 

• Haha 3

On 8/22/2022 at 3:34 PM, solongfromthestars said:

I think that‘s an example of the „Mandela Effect“ 😄

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2022 at 3:34 PM, solongfromthestars said:

Oh-my-God. 
I remember back in 2007 when I had a few Green Day songs in my computer and I also had this one. 
And I've always thought, during that year, "Which member of Green Day is singing this?" 
Sorry Green Day, I was 13 and I was stupid

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Flagpole Sitta was also often falsely attributed to Green Day

Oh yeah I remember the Napster days back in 2000 „Green Day - I‘m not sick but I‘m not well“ 😂😂

• Haha 2

I never thought Closing Time was a GD song. Doesn't sound like them to me at all, especially not the singing. I guess one could be forgiven for mistaking Flagpole because it's got that snotty singing style and "edgy" lyrics. That one I could actually see getting confused for a GD song.

• Like 1