Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

4 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

I got a Hawaiian pizza yesterday night and all I could think was Billie would hate this. It's pineapple on pizza. :lol:

I love Hawaiian pizza but think that now every time I eat it! 

19 hours ago, jengd said:

I love Hawaiian pizza but think that now every time I eat it! 

Same!

• Like 1

Uno is a great album to listen to while walking on a beautiful sunny day. That’s the tweet

• Like 2

I just found some easy guitar chords for Restless Heart Syndrome so now I plan on having bloody fingers tonight.   Very good.

https://chordseasy.com/song/30217/restless-heart-syndrome/

That one has some lyrical mistakes, but there was another one that said "Your a victim of the seizure"  and I know I haven't been hearing that wrong all these years have I?  

KNOW YOUR ENEMY.  

I saw people posting yesterday about the Emirates show being nine years ago! I just can't believe it! Makes me feel old/ancient even :lol: That was a long ass time ago

• Surprised 1

Something I've been thinking about for a bit now: why does Tre just constantly wear the same style of shirt to every concert? He's always wearing the same black one with the popped up leopard print collar and cuffs. Like c'mon man, your wife is a style icon! She never misses! I know you can do better! 

(yes this criticism goes for Billie too who has been wearing the same black button up for like, 6 shows now?)

• Like 2

I didn’t much like the red suit trousers but I get what you are saying, c’mon guys, let the style rip a little,

• Like 1

Was Father of All actually a troll album since they're completely ignoring it live?  

Another possibility is that they wanted to get away from the bad attitude they were portraying with the album cycle.   "We want people to feel bad"  kind of seems like a jerk move when there's a pandemic.   But Meet Me On the Roof is such a fun bop, it's not depressing at all.   So many of FOAM would have been epic to see in concert.   

As far as the setlist situation, maybe it will change but I think this mega-hits set is here to stay.   And that it's going to have a major impact on the next album.  

Green Day don't want to release another album that will hurt THE BRAND.     With most of their experimentation albums getting bad receptions (such a heartbreaking shame),  I think that 1972 is almost assuredly going to sound like Dookie with elements of American Idiot.    Actually, it will be almost entirely Dookie-esque but with one massive Boulevard of Broken Dreams style ballad at track four.  The slow teaser is the quiet part in a loud/fast dynamic.     With all the Dookie Loving going on we'll be getting song titles like "Shortsound" and a re-recorded 2000 Light Years Away.     Might even get some really stupid stuff like Basket Case 2 and She's Back!   :)

And as long as Dookie 2 is good, I don't mind a re-hash now and then.   I just wished I didn't love FOAM and Trilogy so much sometimes.    :(    If Green Day can't cover all their albums in concert, my weirdo preference would be a setlist with just Warning and Nimrod songs.    

I am off to find frozen yogurt now.  

• Like 2

I'm disappointed they're ignoring their 5 latest records like they don't even exist... but it does makes me happy to know they're playing Pollyanna ♥ I hope they change the setlist a little bit in the shows to come.

No matter how many performances I see of Hitchin a Ride, I will never not have a big stupid grin on my face when watching them. ☺️

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This is something I wouldn’t notice at all if a friend haven’t mentioned it to me but….. I have to admit that it rubs me a wrong way that billie follows JD on instagram. He used to avoid falling for media witch hunts in the past (Britney Spears, Amy Winehouse), but those are the snows of yesteryear, eh

28 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

This is something I wouldn’t notice at all if a friend haven’t mentioned it to me but….. I have to admit that it rubs me a wrong way that billie follows JD on instagram. He used to avoid falling for media witch hunts in the past (Britney Spears, Amy Winehouse), but those are the snows of yesteryear, eh

JD?

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

JD?

I think @Beerjeezus means Johnny Depp but I had to look to find out.

Things aren't always what they seem. We don't know why Billie follows him and so anything is speculation 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I think @Beerjeezus means Johnny Depp but I had to look to find out.

Things aren't always what they seem. We don't know why Billie follows him and so anything is speculation 

Yes.

Thankfully no one is speculating :)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yes.

Thankfully no one is speculating :)

I know nothing about that whole situation I deliberately avoided it. No interest at all. The world has real problems worth focusing on

35 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I know nothing about that whole situation I deliberately avoided it. No interest at all. The world has real problems worth focusing on

I thought the alt-right using this spectacle to push its antifeminist agenda among the general public was a real problem, especially since I’ve noticed (until now?) liberal people around me parrotting it. We’ll see in a few months if it has any lasting impact.

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Unfortunately it kind of is a real world problem. Ever since he won a lot of women are recanting their lawsuits, this is going to have a big affect on the metoo movement going forward. My mother who used to work with abuse survivors is very sickened by the whole thing. What @Beerjeezussaid is also right. 

• Like 1

Hey! Is anyone wanting to see Green Day at the Lollapalooza festival this July? 
And I had something come up now so I'm not even able to travel in July.

Long story short... I saw GD posted they're playing Florida in September. 

So now I'm trying to go that show(here's hoping I get a pit ticket tomorrow!!!🤞) instead of Lollapalooza as it's gonna be cheaper and closer to me than Chicago.

I bought the 4 day pass for Lollapalooza back on 3/22 my bank statement says. Lollapalooza won't give me a refund lol. What I can do is show you proof of the 4 day ticket(if you wanna buy) we can work out a price from that and go from there. If anybody is interested?

i can see about transferring the tickets in your name/ to your address from mine as they have NOT shipped out yet!

I’m considering if I should go to more shows at the last minute this summer or not. I wanted to wait for a “normal” tour but I have more and more doubt that’s going to happen.

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I’m considering if I should go to more shows at the last minute this summer or not. I wanted to wait for a “normal” tour but I have more and more doubt that’s going to happen.

I would say not to wait if you want to see them more than once and have the chance.  Another tour of Europe could be two years away and apart from a new song or two may not change that much from what they’re doing now.

• Like 2