Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

45 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Ahah first post I saw this morning was one of mine and I was ''why the fuck did someone changed his name like mine''

Are you me?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jengd said:

No, sorry, that’s me. 😉

Why do we look like Luke Skywalker and Chewie had a baby and that baby was Billie Joe? 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, That Dude said:

You gotta be Justin Beiber Joking.

mc-jugger-nuggets.gif

• Haha 1

Festival d'Été de Québec is announcing their headliners this wednesday at noon. I'm hoping for their first appearance at this festival. It's TIME!

• Like 4

Just realised I never listened to HCTS all the way through, so I just listened now... and honestly, I don't get why y'all hate it so much. Like yeah the chorus is repetitive and boring, but it's not really a bad song. It's just a pretty standard GD song, nothing special but better than most of foamf and the trilogy tbh.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, The Grohl said:

mc-jugger-nuggets.gif

That's how we're gonna censor Green Day from now on.  Much like our profile pics have become Billie Joe, his f-bombs become beliebers.  

Imagine Kill the DJ...

Or Platypus...

• Haha 1

On 4/1/2022 at 10:46 AM, Hermione said:

Credit goes to @Khaleesi. for this one, but I sure do enjoy it :lol: 

Khaleesi, who just so happens to be the only member NOT using this image.   

Hmm.  

• Haha 1

On 4/4/2022 at 10:55 AM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Festival d'Été de Québec is announcing their headliners this wednesday at noon. I'm hoping for their first appearance at this festival. It's TIME!

At noon. Please. Gimme gimme Green Day.

• Like 1

I'm relistening to FOAM after a long while and my hot take is that Oh Yeah would be so much better if you removed the ohyeahs.

edit: I think it's worthy of mentioning that i still unironically enjoy Teenage Teenager. I guess that's proof I did kill my ability to cringe

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I'm relistening to FOAM after a long while and my hot take is that Oh Yeah would be so much better if you removed the ohyeahs.

edit: I think it's worthy of mentioning that i still unironically enjoy Teenage Teenager. I guess that's proof I did kill my ability to cringe

Oh Yeah is fine with ohyeahs, but that damn ''aah'' from Billie is annoying and it didn't work at all during live performances either. Remove that and the song slaps.

I still love FOAM and it holds very special place in my heart, but sadly most of the album aged badly. Father of All is terrible. Fire, Ready, Aim is better as instrumental. Oh Yeah is Yeah. Meet Me on the Roof is garbage. I Was a Teenage Teenager has its moments but goddammit no. Stab You in the Heart is still the best track on the album. Sugar Youth is too simple. Junkies on a High is Boulevard but worse on every aspect. Take the Money and Crawl can suck my cock. Graffitia is so much better as acoustic.

Bring back Trilogy songs to setlist Green Day goddammit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slave To The Network said:

I drove past the stadium where Green Day played on Hella Mega today (it's rare that I do because it's south Seattle and I don't usually go that far, but was coming back from dropping people off at the airport) and whenever I see a venue where they've played I get this welling of fangirl feelings. Like "Eeeeee! Green Day was there! I saw them! They were in that stadium! 😍 " I develop a certain attachment or special feeling for places that I have seen Green Day or that I associate with them. Is anyone else like this or is that just me?

I totally get you! I live around an hour away from Seattle but when I do visit my aunt (which is pretty often) and we drive by the T-Mobile arena I always associate it with 'my first Green Day concert' now. Even the shirt I wore is that day (a pink My Totoro tee) is special to me in that way now! 

• Like 1

In my gym, on the treadmill, I run virtually past AT&T arena in San Francisco regularly and do that every time, you should see me when I’m really near somewhere they played! 😂 sad, I know.

• Like 3

A rare glimpse of the elusive platypus as it seductively creeps along the moshy banks of max.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They really need to make a Mike Dirnt movie.

Not one of those lame ones where they make stuff up, either.  A good movie about the uprising of The Dirnt. 

1 minute ago, That Dude said:

They really need to make a Mike Dirnt movie.

Not one of those lame ones where they make stuff up, either.  A good movie about the uprising of The Dirnt. 

This should be the name of Mike Dirnt's biography. Motley Crue had The Dirt. Mike's is The Dirnt :lol:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

This should be the name of Mike Dirnt's biography. Motley Crue had The Dirt. Mike's is The Dirnt :lol:

That's what I was thinking. Either The Dirnt or Dirnt Dirnt Dirnt.  

I wonder if his wife refers to him as Dirnt, or Pritchard.  Like if she were talking to someone who didn't know who he was, which name would she use?

And Tre....does his wife call him Tre or Frank?  

I've really used my lunchtime wisely. Haha

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, The Grohl said:

Yes, we need “The Dirnt” immediately!

16 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

I drove past the stadium where Green Day played on Hella Mega today (it's rare that I do because it's south Seattle and I don't usually go that far, but was coming back from dropping people off at the airport) and whenever I see a venue where they've played I get this welling of fangirl feelings. Like "Eeeeee! Green Day was there! I saw them! They were in that stadium! 😍 " I develop a certain attachment or special feeling for places that I have seen Green Day or that I associate with them. Is anyone else like this or is that just me?

It was like that for me when I got my first covid shots. They had a big vaccine clinic at the Petersen Events Center in Pittsburgh where I saw Green Day on the RevRad tour. It was my first time back there since then and was all I could think about when I walked in.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jengd said:

You reminded me, our brand new events arena just opened when Covid hit so became our vaccine centre.  I had two shots there so took the opportunity to snoop round dressing rooms etc in case GD ever make it this far north!  Sounds slightly creepy now I think about it 😂😂

😂 The kind of thing only fans understand. That’s why we need GDC

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oakland Coffee was extra speedy this time with my coffee order.     Two days, nice! 

I'm going to do a comparison video on the Father of All Dark Roasts and Atomic Garden.     Atomic Garden smells the best, as I can smell it through the freakin' bag and and Father of All Dark Roast really doesn't have a smell, which is weird.   Maybe it's broken.

But yeah.   Coffee.  

I'm happy about that, (al) bummed that Shinedown are delaying their new album by months.  

• Like 3