Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

4 hours ago, Doggins said:

I worry I'll die before Green Day break up and there would be albums released I would never hear

Okay I know this is dark but I’ve had the same thought so not just you 🥺

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I watched with the sound off because I'm at work, but the subtitles were bizarre and I am pretty sure it's funny.

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

I watched with the sound off because I'm at work, but the subtitles were bizarre and I am pretty sure it's funny.

You mean you haven’t watched and heard Tre’s story.  Do it immediately, it’s hilarious! 😂😂 but not at work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jengd said:

I join in before the show and I fucking hate that song.  I’m annoyed at myself afterwards 😁

Ditto :lol: I kinda wish they'd ditch it. It was really cool on the Trilogy Tour but for me it's stale and unnecessary now. I'd rather hear a few more Green Day songs during the set

• Like 2

Green Day should only play songs from Breakdown and forward.    That's right, I'm sacrificing Nimrod and Warning in this deal, but it has to be done.  

Breakdown 

We can keep the Trilogy songs to a minimum if they truly painful to play.  Nightlife instead of King For A Day.

Rev Rad 

FOAM.   So much foam.   All the foam.   Every night, for as long as they have played the dookie songs.   Until 2050.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

Just put your hand up when he asks for someone in Know Your Enemy without thinking about it beforehand and you won't have time to think about it, you'll just do it.

Good to know. I still wouldn't sing it, but at least I could make the excuse that I'm too nervous. :P I'm sure Billie deals with plenty of fans who suddenly become a deer in the headlights once pulled up.

I agree about the covers too. No need for that. We're all there for Green Day, not to hear other bands. Play a couple deep cuts instead.

• Like 2

On 3/22/2022 at 4:31 AM, Doggins said:

I worry I'll die before Green Day break up and there would be albums released I would never hear

Maybe you'll be able to hear them after death....

No one knows

;) 

I’ve always thought it was quite a sweet song but knowing Billie.. I will have to and listen again and pay attention to the lyrics!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Karol Oliveira said:

I miss the pyro effect during "bang bang goes the broken glass" in Holiday. It scaried the shit of the unknowing and it was so funny! Also, great effect for that line

Same! I was so excited when they brought that back. It’s fun to play along with your finger gun too 🙂

• Like 4

Weren’t the FF’s due to play the Grammies?  Someone (poss rock band) who are together/show ready needs to replace them….. it’s been a while for our boys…. new album coming….?? 

9 hours ago, jengd said:

Weren’t the FF’s due to play the Grammies?  Someone (poss rock band) who are together/show ready needs to replace them….. it’s been a while for our boys…. new album coming….?? 

Didn't the Grammy's already happen? Those are usually in February, no?

Edit: So they are this weekend. FF are not scheduled as performers according to this article (https://www.nbcdfw.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/grammy-2022-performers-olivia-rodrigo-brandi-carlile-jon-batiste-and-more/2924550/):

"The first round of performers announced include BTS, Olivia Rodrigo, Billie Eilish, Lil Nas X with Jack Harlow, Brandi Carlile and Brothers Osborne. These performers are also Grammy nominees this year."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

Yes, the Grammy's used to be in February but things have been out of whack since Covid. Last year they got moved to March and this year they are in April, so who knows LOL. But @jengd is right; Foos had been schedule to perform: https://www.facebook.com/foofighters/posts/508443363979173 The article you found likely was updated. It would make sense to replace them with a rock act, but they may have also been performing because they are nominated and not because they are rock. Sad all the way around at any rate. 

Didn’t know they were nominated, blimey, what a shocking time for them.

• Sad 1

It's nice to see everyone has the same opinion on Poprocks and Coke. I've always really liked that song. Very much shows that sweet and sensitive side of Billie's songwriting.

As for the Grammies, that's so sad! I can't imagine what Foo Fighters are going through right now. That would have been a strange set of acts for them to play alongside anyway, even though they would have put on a terrific performance.

BTS definitely doesn't belong there. They are way out of their league. I'm sure the only reason they were nominated is to get the Grammies more views because their fanbase will obsessively stream it.

• Like 3

I was waiting for a Green Day reference... but nothing.
giphy.gif

29 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I was thinking GDC looks like a prison today.  Just drab brown and grey everywhere.

First person I saw the pic next to was @Slave To The Network and I was thinking, why on earth did she change her pic to that?  :lol:

Ahah first post I saw this morning was one of mine and I was ''why the fuck did someone changed his name like mine''

• Like 1
  • Haha 1