Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I think it's the leak download, I don't think I ever cared enough about the album to replace it with 320. The Van Halen song I just replaced it with is 320 though ;)

Ewwww lol

I think it's the leak download, I don't think I ever cared enough about the album to replace it with 320. The Van Halen song I just replaced it with is 320 though ;)

Do you even FLAC? :P

• Like 1

Not on my fucking 16GB phone. You guys are so insensitive to storage-challenged phone owners :(

It's called a memory card

Not on my fucking 16GB phone. You guys are so insensitive to storage-challenged phone owners :(

I was joking, I don't see the point in using up so much space on high quality audio on a phone. I might even me down to 128k on my phone just so I can fit more songs on, it makes no difference when listening through crappy earphones anyway.

I was joking, I don't see the point in using up so much space on high quality audio on a phone. I might even me down to 128k on my phone just so I can fit more songs on, it makes no difference when listening through crappy earphones anyway.

Memory cards work wonders

64gb can fit a lot of songs on it

I can't afford a 64gb one :P Anyway, iPhones don't even play FLAC files unless you get a crappy app. I only use my phone for music when I'm out walking or running or whatever and I'm not gonna take my good headphones with me so higher quality in that context is pointless.

I can't afford a 64gb one :P Anyway, iPhones don't even play FLAC files unless you get a crappy app. I only use my phone for music when I'm out walking or running or whatever and I'm not gonna take my good headphones with me so higher quality in that context is pointless.

Yeah I'm just messing anyways

Working out is the only reason why I have music on my phone

FLAC files are useless for most people. You need to have extremely top of the line equipment to tell any difference between it and a high quality MP3, even on extreme high end equipment you need to be very good at picking differences. Really the only reason to use them is for editing, as you can only go down in quality you cannot go up so you should start at the best quality you can. It also depends on the encoder used and the program used to play the file back. As even within the same program different files types wont always play at the same quality.

• Like 1

I'm starting to really like Little Boy Named Train and I don't know why. I know the lyrics are bad, but I like it for whatever reason

I don't care very much for the studio version but the demo is very good. Well, almost everything is better on Demolicious.

• Like 2

0:29-0:35 in the song Green Day sounds like Letterbomb.

You mean Letterbomb sounds like 0:29-0:35 in Green Day

And I don't hear it at all

• Like 1

I don't know why, but I really love Kill the DJ right now.

I love the live version it is one of my trilogy favorites. I'm still disappointed with the album version, though. The vocals sound a bit artificial and the energy is just not there. What a pity-the guitar and lyrics are awesome.

Does anyone think it sounds like auto tune when Billie sings "down" on Kill The DJ, as in "Shoot the fucker down"?

Does anyone think it sounds like auto tune when Billie sings "down" on Kill The DJ, as in "Shoot the fucker down"?

Just the filter he uses

• Like 1

I can't get over that moment in Quatro when Billie says Nimrod is lyrically a nightmare and then claims he would never go to the studio without lyrics again, then describes how carefully he's working on the Trilogy lyrics. He seems to be sure he's working on a genuine masterrpiece or something.

I think it's always interesting to see an artist to judge his own work, most people usually see their own creations differently than the audience and it helps us to understand the author's intentions. Such opinions usually explain a lot, but I just can't get how this idea could even occur to him.

• Like 3

I can't get over that moment in Quatro when Billie says Nimrod is lyrically a nightmare and then claims he would never go to the studio without lyrics again, then describes how carefully he's working on the Trilogy lyrics. He seems to be sure he's working on a genuine masterrpiece or something.

I think it's always interesting to see an artist to judge his own work, most people usually see their own creations differently than the audience and it helps us to understand the author's intentions. Such opinions usually explain a lot, but I just can't get how this idea could even occur to him.

It's really quite bizarre when you consider how much more crafted, intelligent and meaningful the lyrics on Nimrod are compared to those on the Trilogy. Going into the studio without lyrics is probably the best thing he could do at this point.
  • Like 2

It's really quite bizarre when you consider how much more crafted, intelligent and meaningful the lyrics on Nimrod are compared to those on the Trilogy. Going into the studio without lyrics is probably the best thing he could do at this point.

Nimrod lyrics are imho his best. I'd even say they are better than AI. I'm really into those wordplays. But I doubt he would have written anything better for the Trilogy if he'd gone to the studio unprepared. He just seemed to have run out of ideas. I wonder if a different way of working would actually work again or he really forgot how to put words in order so that they had a meaning for good.

He didn't run out of ideas. He just decided to write songs about things in his life that aren't so serious. Fuck time is so awesome for this same reason. It's simple.

• Like 2

Billie's current ideology of lyrics writing seems to be more about great-sounding one-liners than meaningfullness. In that respect he reminds me of Noel Gallagher tbh.