Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Yeah, since like 94

True, but apparently they got rid of the "Idiot Club" name after that, not sure when exactly but in the late 90s/early 2000s it was no longer called that (think it was just called the Green Day fanclub or something). They brought back the name Idiot Club because of American Idiot.

And then they chucked away that cool and historic name and replaced it with a crappy one (Idiot Nation) so they could call it "new" and get more people to sign up.

Are you guys 100% sure it's "alienation" instead of "alien nation"?

It says alienation in the booklet. I think it's meant to be heard both ways though, so there's a double meaning where he's saying the US a nation where people feel alienated and also that it can be a weird, "alien" nation.

• Like 2

It says alienation in the booklet. I think it's meant to be heard both ways though, so there's a double meaning where he's saying the US a nation where people feel alienated and also that it can be a weird, "alien" nation.

I don't really thing the lyrics in the cd booklets for Green Day albums are too accurate, I guess they are made from the lyrics that were written not the lyrics Billie sung. I honest don't know if Billie knows exactly what he sings half the time.

• Like 1

I don't really thing the lyrics in the cd booklets for Green Day albums are too accurate, I guess they are made from the lyrics that were written not the lyrics Billie sung. I honest don't know if Billie knows exactly what he sings half the time.

That's very true of earlier albums but I think the American Idiot ones are pretty accurate. Could be wrong but I don't know of any differences there like I do with a lot of the others. And even if it was "alien nation" that'd still clearly be intended to bring the word "alienation" to mind anyway, either way it's word play where two phrases that sound the same are being referred to so in this particular case it doesn't really matter which it is.
  • Like 1

I don't think my computer likes Basket Case. I've had all GD albums on shuffle for ~3 hours a day for the last week or so, and I hear a lot more 1039/SOSH that anything else. I've heard Best Thing in Town and Words I Might Have Ate at least once every day, yet Basket Case has never played.

That's very true of earlier albums but I think the American Idiot ones are pretty accurate. Could be wrong but I don't know of any differences there like I do with a lot of the others. And even if it was "alien nation" that'd still clearly be intended to bring the word "alienation" to mind anyway, either way it's word play where two phrases that sound the same are being referred to so in this particular case it doesn't really matter which it is.

Japanese albums all come with lyric booklets, and even the lyrics for Shenanigans that officially came in the album are wrong. I don't know where Warner's japanese division gets the lyrics from.

I've always heard 'area admission'. Another song to add to the list of green day songs I've sung wrong for 10 years :lol:

Japanese albums all come with lyric booklets, and even the lyrics for Shenanigans that officially came in the album are wrong. I don't know where Warner's japanese division gets the lyrics from.

Yeah I know lots are wrong. The lyrics in the American Idiot album booklet seem accurate though, as far as I'm aware. I guess it depends how close to the recording of the album they're written out, how much attention is paid to them, whether the band has input, and whether the band happens to change lyrics at the last minute or not, among various other factors. I wonder if the AI booklet lyrics got more attention/care than most and that made them more accurate than average, since they're very artistic and some appear to be hand written by Billie (dunno if they actually are though).

I've always heard 'area admission'. Another song to add to the list of green day songs I've sung wrong for 10 years :lol:

Well that's certainly different :lol:

I just want some action so gimme Mike Dirnt, etc.

It'd be so satisfying to exactly know what the real lyrics to many GD songs are. I'd say that almost every GD song has an uncertain line/word in it. Not that it would change the song meaning or that we couldn't live without it, but still :)

I'd be very happy if Billie told/wrote the lyrics of all his songs one day, especially their earlier or unreleased :D

Billie doesn't even know the lyrics to every Green Day song.

That's why I don't expect it to happen at all! Maybe he could remember them in some way though :D

That's why I don't expect it to happen at all! Maybe he could remember them in some way though :D

Hypnotherapy? It'd be entertaining if nothing else.

I just want some action so gimme Mike Dirnt, etc.

The best thing about that one is you know if Billie thought of it he'd sing it that way every time they played it live.

• Like 4

The best thing about that one is you know if Billie thought of it he'd sing it that way every time they played it live.

We need to bombard his Twitter with that lyric. Let's make this happen, people.

• Like 1

Hypnotherapy? It'd be entertaining if nothing else.

Playing Rest repeatedly very next to his ears would be better.

• Like 1