Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Wasn't sure to post this here or unpopular opinions thread since Idk if I'm the only one who thinks thise anyways

I really wish that one Green Day's modern setlists that they would play more deep cuts instead of old staples and the current album they are supporting. But the thing is half the time they attempt to dust off a deep cut in a random set Billie completely butchers it by forgetting or just not remembering the lyrics. Its pretty sad. But just something I've been thinking for awhile but never posted on here.

Ha! It's just gets a bit redundant. As if you have nothing else to say. At all.

I have lots to say. You just need to expand your GDC browsing experience :P

Oh god, here we go again with these "deep cuts" and modern setlists. Listen, Green Day cut back on Longview, Brain Stew, Jaded, and Good Riddance last tour. They have a lot of hits, and they don't have room for deep cuts, because they also have to do 10 minutes of King for a Day and a bunch of cover snippets of songs that people's moms listen to, and there's no way they're gonna stop doing that

Good punk rock is catchy, Tman

"Good punk rock"

"Good punk rock"

"Good punk rock"

Lol, I agree. But Green Day is not punk rock

Oh god, here we go again with these "deep cuts" and modern setlists. Listen, Green Day cut back on Longview, Brain Stew, Jaded, and Good Riddance last tour. They have a lot of hits, and they don't have room for deep cuts, because they also have to do 10 minutes of King for a Day and a bunch of cover snippets of songs that people's moms listen to, and there's no way they're gonna stop doing that

I understand they have to make their sets appeal to casual fans but idk. Its just to bad they should just extend their set or something. Go see Rush for a 2 and a half hour plus show for example.

I hate the term punk rock anyway. Nobody really agrees what it actually is :lol:

Green Day is pop punk/arena rock

• Like 1

I understand they have to make their sets appeal to casual fans but idk. Its just to bad they should just extend their set or something. Go see Rush for a 2 and a half hour plus show for example.

That's how long most Green Day shows are though. Live songs just take longer. 99 Revolutions is like 4 1/2 minutes live, East Jesus Nowhere was 6 1/2, Stay the Night and Letterbomb were both 6 1/2 - 7 minutes. Green Day just wastes time up there, but I don't really care. I have no problem with the setlists. I understand why it bothers people, but it doesn't bother me. It seems kinda superficial.

I hate the term punk rock anyway. Nobody really agrees what it actually is :lol:

Green Day is pop punk/arena rock

I hate the term "pop punk". That's like Blink-182 shit. Green Day is just Green Day :P

That's how long most Green Day shows are though. Live songs just take longer. 99 Revolutions is like 4 1/2 minutes live, East Jesus Nowhere was 6 1/2, Stay the Night and Letterbomb were both 6 1/2 - 7 minutes. Green Day just wastes time up there, but I don't really care. I have no problem with the setlists. I understand why it bothers people, but it doesn't bother me. It seems kinda superficial.

Agreed they could save 30 minutes if they cut out the hey ohs alone

I hate the term "pop punk". That's like Blink-182 shit. Green Day is just Green Day :P

No, Green Day is good pop punk and Blink-182 is horrible pop punk.

Damn those who invented the genre label punk :dry:

Agreed they could save 30 minutes if they cut out the hey ohs alone

I absolutely despise them.

I absolutely despise them.

Its so redundant and makes Billie look like a jack ass

Its so redundant and makes Billie look like a jack ass

They should play that song live sometimes btw

Exactly the same riff 10 years earlier. Better song too.

Maybe. One part of the melody is also similar.

Maybe. One part of the melody is also similar.

I just prefer the message of Boxcar. She's A Rebel is a fairly average song. They've dealt with the theme before and done it better.

I just prefer the message of Boxcar. She's A Rebel is a fairly average song. They've dealt with the theme before and done it better.

But for my money they've never made that theme sound more fun than in She's a Rebel.
  • Like 2

But for my money they've never made that theme sound more fun than in She's a Rebel.

I like Last Of the American Girls more as a song :ninja:

lyrically both are bad.

Fun? SAR is boring as shit :P

You really think so? I love it, it's just a blast of energy. Lyrically it's probably the weakest on AI, I'll totally concede that.

I just read through Billie's twitter and I love all the information he gave about when songs were written and what he was thinking at the time. He needs to do more, I want info on every song! And he liked the Beastie Boys new record which I find lovely