Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

AI was my first album too to be honest. And Dookie is my favourite older album too, but it has soem weaker tracks like FOD and Ememous Sleepus and In The End so there. Though the singles are still very impressive.

FOD is definitely not a weak track my friend! Agree with In the End though ;)

And Metallica

I didn't know they did it intentionality, but yes, crap is pretty much all they have ever done :P

sorry no offence.

FOD is definitely not a weak track my friend! Agree with In the End though ;)

I dont like its lyrics and it could have been better if it was completely acoustic/completely electric. The melody is ok I guess.

• Like 1

In the End is one of my faovurites on Dookie! I can't believe some of you don't like it. :P

A while ago, I would have said that AI was my favourite Green Day album, but I hardly ever listen to it anymore (probably because I listened to it so much in the past). Now my favourites are Nimrod, Dookie and Insomniac and sometimes Warning.

I dont like its lyrics and it could have been better if it was completely acoustic/completely electric. The melody is ok I guess.

You're not a fan of the bait and switch effect then? I bet you love Breakdown, haha.

You're not a fan of the bait and switch effect then? I bet you love Breakdown, haha.

I love Breakdown, but yes, generally I am not. it has to be done well to make it work.

English, Math & Science Sex, Drugs & Violence is really starting to grow on me. I think the demo may have something to do with that.

English, Math & Science Sex, Drugs & Violence is really starting to grow on me. I think the demo may have something to do with that.

I still think the lyrics are idiotic but yes I will agree the demo version is much better.

• Like 1

Iv'e been debating with myself whether or not Nimrod or Warning is my favorite GD album and i cant choose. Why is this so hard ;-; lol. Im kind of leaning to Warning being my favorite tho.

I haven't listened to Kerplunk in a while, but I am right now and how the hell did I forget how brilliant it is? On a related note, I really wish Billie Joe played more than the first verse of Christie Road at Wembley Arena in '09.

I haven't listened to Kerplunk in a while, but I am right now and how the hell did I forget how brilliant it is? On a related note, I really wish Billie Joe played more than the first verse of Christie Road at Wembley Arena in '09.

I have always thought Kerplunk is seriously underrated. It's not much worse than Dookie honestly.

• Like 1

I did the same with Kerplunk recently. It's a fantastic album with so many good tracks, I hate how it gets so overlooked. I'm hoping that the success of, and positive response to, Demolicious will turn people onto Kerplunk more when they realise that rough production doesn't make for inferior music.

• Like 2

I just now seen Billie Joe on Nurse Jackie, fucking hilarious acting, I wonder if Adrienne was mad at the whole making out and straddling thing.

Shit wrong thread im sorry this was for the random thoughts thread

I just now seen Billie Joe on Nurse Jackie, fucking hilarious acting, I wonder if Adrienne was mad at the whole making out and straddling thing.

Shit wrong thread im sorry this was for the random thoughts thread

Moved here like magic!

His acting is indeed entertaining. Have you seen this example of it? It's my personal favourite:

Billie in This Is 40 is clearly the best thing to ever happen.

I still have not seen that. Really need to. Just for the chuckles, at least.

This Is 40 was overall quite funny if you ask me. I only watched it to see Billie and expected it to be much worse.

I still have not seen that. Really need to. Just for the chuckles, at least.

I wouldn't even say it's bad, either. If you take it at face value it's absolutely awful, but if you see the irony in it it's a work of genius.

Maybe it'll be on On Demand soon and we can see for free. Maybe.

HBO and Showtime plays it a lot

HBO and Showtime plays it a lot

Thanks but we gave up all the movie channels 3 years ago when my hubby lost his job and didn't add them back in when he started working again. Only occassionally do we see something we'd like to watch and can't. Guess, we're just cheap that way.

Thanks but we gave up all the movie channels 3 years ago when my hubby lost his job and didn't add them back in when he started working again. Only occassionally do we see something we'd like to watch and can't. Guess, we're just cheap that way.

Ahh do you have a blu ray player?

Ahh do you have a blu ray player?

Nope. Come on - who do you think we are? People in the 21st C? Ha!

I think it's also because overall we watch too much TV in general so we don't make it any easier on ourselves. If it's on it's on; if not, well, someday it will be and we're fine with that (or we go do other things).

Nope. Come on - who do you think we are? People in the 21st C? Ha!

I think it's also because overall we watch too much TV in general so we don't make it any easier on ourselves. If it's on it's on; if not, well, someday it will be and we're fine with that (or we go do other things).

Lol ah I was gonna say I have an extra copy of it on blu ray I bought a display blu ray player and I guess they forgot to take the disc out lol

Lol ah I was gonna say I have an extra copy of it on blu ray I bought a display blu ray player and I guess they forgot to take the disc out lol

Aw, that's really kind of you, but yeah, no blu ray. And lucky you on getitng a free movie. Even if it's one you already had.

This is all you really need to know.

Shoot. At work. youtube is blocked and tonight is date night so no internet/computers for me tonight. (must leave self note to come back to this thread on page 31 and view.) Thanks. :P
  • Like 1