Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I'm no fangirl but I'll always disagree with this. Obviously he's hardly James Dean Bradfield but he's still underrated.

I always thought you were a man ;)

To be fair Billie ain't particularly impressive guitarist. Average.

just because he doesn't do fret firing Angus Young solos on every song, listen to The Judge's Daughter guitar solo not the best solo in the universe but he was only about 17 when he recorded it, so give him some credit. Really they're are a lot of great guitar solos on 39 smooth and kerplunk that Billie Joe wrote himself (except my generation, and knowledge)

• Like 2

Ok let's rephrase. He is good punk pop rhythm guitarist. But as a solo guitarist he ain't impressive. I have often though some of their songs would be better without those solos.

And by not impressive I mean, he never makes me go "woow". And he is not very diverse.

I think it was The Strokes that said "if you wait until you're a good guitar player before becoming a professional musician, you'll be too old to be successful" or something like that.

• Like 2

I think it was The Strokes that said "if you wait until you're a good guitar player before becoming a professional musician, you'll be too old to be successful" or something like that.

Sounds like a poor excuse to me, given how many guitarists are out there who are world famous because they're fantastic.

Billie Joe is good at what he does. He's good at finding rhythms and riffs, and his solos are pretty decent. In the general scheme of things, he's above average, without being great. That's in terms of his technical ability though, which isn't the only measure of someone's musical ability.

• Like 1

Sounds like a poor excuse to me, given how many guitarists are out there who are world famous because they're fantastic.

yes but you can be famous musician without being a professional one. And that's more important.

yes but you can be famous musician without being a professional one. And that's more important.

It's very rare though. How many musicians can you name that have got famous without it being their job?

It's very rare though. How many musicians can you name that have got famous without it being their job?

by professional I meant their playing abilities :P but whatever. Sorry, a bad choice of words

Hugh Laurie springs to mind.

Hugh Laurie springs to mind.

That's different though because it's not what made him famous in the first place. By that logic you could say Paris Hilton :P

That's different though because it's not what made him famous in the first place. By that logic you could say Paris Hilton :P

Wait....did she do something else than that video? :o

Remember that piece of shit song "State of Shock" we were all pumped to hear? Yeah, what the hell was that?

Remember that piece of shit song "State of Shock" we were all pumped to hear? Yeah, what the hell was that?

a trick to sell Demolicious?

Though if a song is a trilogy leftover that alone tells something very alarming about its quality.

I'm no fangirl but I'll always disagree with this. Obviously he's hardly John Frusciante but he's still underrated.

Fixed this for ya. :P

I guess it didn't make sense the way I phrased the comment. It was more like the person was putting him down, as if they didn't like him but at the end they said that they loved him

I thought that's what some others were doing 90% of time after they found an alternate use for this community? But not Nowhereman.

• Like 1

A decent song that could have easily replaced Carpe Diem/Loss of Control/Let Yourself Go on ¡Uno!.

• Like 3

Just save your last Goodbye..--- This song's Great..!!... there's no thing bad about it!! ... ending like some sort of Welcome to the paradise!!..

Is it wrong that I sort of hope Green Day just end it and call it a good run? I mean maybe its time if they still want to be musicians for them all to spread their wings and form other bands of something idk. I just think they might be done putting out great content.

Is it wrong that I sort of hope Green Day just end it and call it a good run? I mean maybe its time if they still want to be musicians for them all to spread their wings and form other bands of something idk. I just think they might be done putting out great content.

Is it 2002 again?

• Like 4

You all leave State of Shock alone :mad:

yes. Thank you I love this song it's like a lullaby that is sort of panicked that seems to have a deeper meaning behind the words, I wonder if it was the original Angel Blue because it has the "singing out the alphabet and my tears are putting out my cigarette" in it.
  • Like 3