Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

It's not my favourite album but 21st Century is the best thing they've ever done

I love the album as well, but how can it be the best thing they have ever done but NOT their best album...kinda contradictory? Could you explain?

I love the album as well, but how can it be the best thing they have ever done but NOT their best album...kinda contradictory? Could you explain?

Well personally I prefer listening to say Insominac or Warning. They're just solid albums that i can sit and listen to all the time. However 21st Century Breakdown i have to be in the mood to listen to. But it's the most ambitious and well crafted album they've made. The instrumentation and lyrics are so perfect and different to what they've done before. It's probably musically the biggest risk they've taken and I'm glad they took that risk. It may not be my personal favourite but it's the best they've done musically? I hope that makes sense haha
  • Like 3

Well ersonally I prefer listening to say Insominac or Warning. They're just solid albums that i can sit and listen to all the time. However 21st Century Breakdown i have to be in the mood to listen to. But it's the most ambitious and well crafted album they've made. The instrumentation and lyrics are so perfect and different to what they've done before. It's probably musically the biggest risk they've taken and I'm glad they took that risk. It may not be my personal favourite but it's the best they've done musically? I hope that makes sense haha

yeah it makes sense now. I feel kinda same actually. :D

I feel the same. Breakdown is objectively their best album in terms of songwriting, arrangement, performance and production, but Insomniac is my favourite to listen to.

• Like 1

I feel the same. Breakdown is objectively their best album in terms of songwriting, arrangement, performance and production, but Insomniac is my favourite to listen to.

i still find Insomniac to be a wee bit worse than Kerplunk.

Insomniac is my favorite also when I first got into Green Day it was 21st Century Breakdown

Where do Too Much Too Soon, Governator, Shoplifter, When It's TIme, and Favorite Son go in the American Idiot story?

Where do Too Much Too Soon, Governator, Shoplifter, When It's TIme, and Favorite Son go in the American Idiot story?

They don't, which is why they're b-sides.

They don't, which is why they're b-sides.

I can kind of imagine Too Much Too Soon fitting on there, but that's it.

It's not though. It's mostly just the same few people who repeatedly post about not liking it in that thread on an almost daily basis, it's evident from other threads such as the threads to discuss the albums after they came out that lots of people here like it as well (even if it isn't most people's favourite). You can't judge much from a thread specifically for posting mostly negative opinions.

Add the fact that popular kids dislike it and you get a supposed "majority" opinion.

http://instagram.com/p/Uhm7AzpFYa/ I was bored so I was looking through Billie Joe's Insatgram and I just now realized that because of the whole guitar smash the pickguard on this is uneven

Pretty cool! I think they did a pretty good job putting it back together all told :lol:

The comments made me laugh though. "Good guitar but Fender are the best guitar in the world. I love it when you use Blue." *facepalm*

Pretty cool! I think they did a pretty good job putting it back together all told :lol:

The comments made me laugh though. "Good guitar but Fender are the best guitar in the world. I love it when you use Blue." *facepalm*

there was someone on this pic that said something like "you are a terrible guitar player, we love your music"

I know but the comment is very contradictory

well...you can be a terrible guitarist but still write awesome songs, can ya?

I guess it didn't make sense the way I phrased the comment. It was more like the person was putting him down, as if they didn't like him but at the end they said that they loved him

To be fair Billie ain't particularly impressive guitarist. Average.

I'm no fangirl but I'll always disagree with this. Obviously he's hardly James Dean Bradfield but he's still underrated.

• Like 1

I'm no fangirl but I'll always disagree with this. Obviously he's hardly James Dean Bradfield but he's still underrated.

I've always thought he's an above-average rhythm guitarist, and I *love* his muting.

• Like 2

I've always thought he's an above-average rhythm guitarist, and I *love* his muting.

His muting technique is probably the most underrated thing in the history of the world, along with how bang-on his timing and dynamics are.